Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

WT G1000 nxi updated

Sounds great going to try it.

Thank you WT for all your work you bring us. Thanks very much.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

nope

👍

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Sounds great going to try it.

Thank you WT for all your work you bring us. Thanks very much.

Just make sure to remove the WT G1000 from your community folder, while using the (Marketplace) G1000 NXi.    If the WT G1000 is in your Community folder, it will over-rule the NXi and you won't see it in G1000-equipped planes.   So it's "one or the other" if that makes sense.   I absolutely love the NXi and use it in everything - apart from the DA40X and DA62X mods, where the original WT G1000 seems to work better....  If using the original WT G1000, you can temporarily move the NXi folder, out of the "Official" folder.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

7 hours ago, dga711 said:

The flight plan management, flight path calculation and ap was all built up again from scratch, which took quite some time. As with the CJ4 we are putting Navigation before Features.

Dominik, are you looking at the Direct-To function also?  It still does not work correctly with an active flight plan.

The VFR map continues to show the original flight plan, after choosing a DTO waypoint.. for example.

Bert

Screen brightness is set to Auto 100% by default. I still find it too dark. At it’s brightest setting it should be bordering on being too bright.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I just flew a flight where the MFD map froze and no amount of avionics off/on would bring it back.. 😉

Bert

The update fixed the issue I was having where I couldn't select the approach.  I like flying around in the Baron with the NXI its great.

So what are the 4 letters meaning on the speed tape?  It was something like: G S X R ?  I assume R means Rotate speed. And the others?

Also can the wind option be persisted so that you don't need to set it every time?

Greazer.

8 minutes ago, Greazer said:

The update fixed the issue I was having where I couldn't select the approach.  I like flying around in the Baron with the NXI its great.

So what are the 4 letters meaning on the speed tape?  It was something like: G S X R ?  I assume R means Rotate speed. And the others?

Also can the wind option be persisted so that you don't need to set it every time?

Greazer.

Should be Best Glide (G), Best Rate (Y), Best Angle (X), and Rotate (R), I thought.  Those are your V Seed Reference markers.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

How are you guys that use the NXi managing the compatibility problems between the NXi and the GTN 750? You uninstall the NXi when you want to fly using the GTN or you don't have the GTN installed?

I tried using the GTN with the NXi installed and it wouldn't sync with the PFD. Had to uninstall the NXi to use the GTN.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just flew a flight where the MFD map froze and no amount of avionics off/on would bring it back.. 😉

That is the issue I constantly faced, for several months, with the predecessor G1000 releases, and could never determine a cause or cure.  Was always the MFD first.  I could still work with the flight plan pages of the PFD and fly by the backup instruments, but if I performed more than a very few functions with the PFD it also would also freeze.  Very frustrating.  I sincerely hope the gremlin can be identified and fixed. 

I have been totally amazed at a lack of reports of the issue.  I could on occasion make a successful two to three hour flight without encountering the issue. But more often it reared its head.  I learned to save flights at intervals enroute but that was not a great option as reloaded flights were a real challenge to reel in once reloaded.

I am waiting out at least one more hot fix before installing MSFS again and I was really hoping I would not encounter the issue any longer.  It is not the only issue I have been facing that terminated my flights.  None of my issues were CTD.  All were freezes, either of the avionics, or the sim itself.  None were freezes of my entire OS.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

any noticeable hit to frame rates using this?

I notice no frame rate issues on my geriatric machine. NXI is smooth.

However, I'm not entirely sure the NXi is completely compatible with the DA62X mod, as I'm having issues with CAS messages indicating an engine problem, although everything seems to be the way it should be, and with weird engine indicators on the mfd. Will investigate further.

29 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I notice no frame rate issues on my geriatric machine. NXI is smooth.

However, I'm not entirely sure the NXi is completely compatible with the DA62X mod, as I'm having issues with CAS messages indicating an engine problem, although everything seems to be the way it should be, and with weird engine indicators on the mfd. Will investigate further.

I couldn’t get it to accept approaches in MrTommy’s mod so had to delete it. Only did a quick test earlier which did load the approach but had to jump into a meeting so didn’t get to finish it!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I'm thinking my issues may have something to do with the fact that I used an addon livery. Will check things out with one of the default liveries.

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

To add to my issues list:   The LPV approach executes correctly, but the glideslope indicator never appears..  the PFD indicates LPV and then a bit later, the GP goes green and the airplane descends.. No glideslope indicator.

Bert

23 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Dominik, are you looking at the Direct-To function also?  It still does not work correctly with an active flight plan.

The VFR map continues to show the original flight plan, after choosing a DTO waypoint.. for example.

Confirmed.