Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What other games/sims are you guys playing?

I would be interested in a train simulator, but to be honest, I would want the entire United Kingdom to explore. Thirty miles of track between London Paddington and Reading in TrainSim World is nowhere near good enough for me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

51 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would be interested in a train simulator, but to be honest, I would want the entire United Kingdom to explore. Thirty miles of track between London Paddington and Reading in TrainSim World is nowhere near good enough for me.

It's worth bearing in mind that the (conspicuous by its absence) bit which will resolve this early next year (for Train Sim at least), is Just Trains Hope Valley extension for their Midland Main Line offerings (which do cover a lot of the UK), since it will include my home town of Stockport, which has been a glaring omission from most UK train sims for years given it is the main line from north to south and has one of the most iconic brick structures in the entire UK as part of it, thus at last making it possible to do realistic north-south trips since it will join up all the other bits north and south of that area.

Other than that, Trainz is fairly easy to use if you fancy knocking up your own routes and it does feature a lot of UK routes anyway, many of which are free. But if you do consider buying Trainz, do not buy the Steam version, get the version from the developer's website, since it is far better for downloading and purchasing stuff than the Steam version.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 hours ago, Chock said:

Wsnj4FZ.png

Hi, Is this Trainz?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Yup. Specifically, that's Trainz 2019, with the Centrella Sub Division Route. The loco at the front is the RR Mods Norfolk Southern ex Conrail GP38-2.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

I'm longtime fan of Dovetail Games Train Simulator. But nothing looked anywhere near as good as that Trainz image.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, if you change UK to Germany, then there is Zusi3

Played RISK with my boys and one of their friends. But mostly I play Ticket to Ride with my wife on our iPhones. Every day. Guess we've played thousands of games by now.. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

I used to play Age of Empires II Definitive Edition with my girlfriend. We're no longer together, and I'm no longer playing it hehehe. Before that, it was Commandos (back when I had a P4 1.6)...

Now, I've got a guitar to play with.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Chel 2022 (yawn) and Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion.

ATS, GPL, PGA2K1, NR2003, PC2, and my current obsession, Wreckfest. There is something very relaxing about vehicular destruction on a racing circuit or demolition derby arena.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, Fielder said:

I'm longtime fan of Dovetail Games Train Simulator. But nothing looked anywhere near as good as that Trainz image.

I thought it looked great (got it as a birthday present). But as I type I'm fling a DC-8, remembering how hard it was to get that stupid train moving without the wheels slipping or pulling a load of coal uphill. I got through the tutorials, I think, but based on my experience it is far more difficult to haul a load of coal through Appalachia than be pilot a jetliner.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

I thought it looked great (got it as a birthday present). But as I type I'm fling a DC-8, remembering how hard it was to get that stupid train moving without the wheels slipping or pulling a load of coal uphill. I got through the tutorials, I think, but based on my experience it is far more difficult to haul a load of coal through Appalachia than be pilot a jetliner.

That's kind of what makes it worth doing for me. If it was really easy to drive a train, it would very quickly lose its appeal. Mastering stuff like which of the three different brakes to use and when, and how you often have to give it a burst of throttle when braking to reduce the strain on the couplers and stuff like that, is what keeps it interesting.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

If anyone is interested in choo-choos, there's a new train sim coming out very soon (SimRail) and there is a freebie demo of it on steam which you can download if you fancy a look at it. Seems like it's going for full-on super-duper realism and lots of features, but the demo itself doesn't really let you explore much of that unfortunately, so it's not a very comprehensive demo in terms of showing all which is promised. Anyway, here's a couple of pics I took whilst messing with it:

mGP9fn0.png

puZ2z1X.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

EDIT: ok this is by another company, not affiliated with the Sim Rail game.

-------------------------------------------------

I see Sim Rail is also making Trans Siberian Railway. Which includes "bad people".

"Get behind the wheels of classic Russian locomotives, explore the raw beauty and wildness of Siberia and try to survive in the longest railway line in the world. This is Trans-Siberian Railway Simulator. A game for true survivors! Check if the wild animals, bad people, severe frosts and constantly changing weather are able to stop you. Learn how to be a real man!"

spacer.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/998400/TransSiberian_Railway_Simulator/

(I guess women can't fight with the chainsaw).

Edited by Fielder

October 28 to Nov 1 many Steam train sims and flight sims on the annual Halloween Sale on Steam.

All sorts of games on Steam during this Halloween sale.

The DLC downloads from DCS, IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, Flying Circus, Rise of Flight, Aerofly FS2.

--

Trainsim World 2, Train Simulator 2022.

Trainz 2019 is the latest version, (over at their website, not the inferior Steam version). Maybe 75% off.

• Like 1