Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What other games/sims are you guys playing?

On 10/29/2021 at 7:52 AM, Fielder said:

October 28 to Nov 1 many Steam train sims and flight sims on the annual Halloween Sale on Steam.

All sorts of games on Steam during this Halloween sale.

The DLC downloads from DCS, IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, Flying Circus, Rise of Flight, Aerofly FS2.

--

Trainsim World 2, Train Simulator 2022.

Trainz 2019 is the latest version, (over at their website, not the inferior Steam version). Maybe 75% off.

If anyone wants a nice old US 1930-40s steam locomotive, K&L Trainz has lots on sale at the moment. Their CB&Q 05B is worth paying the $3 just for the whistle sound alone, and there are also mad huge ones such as the N&W A Articulated, which is great fun to have a go at driving. I think that one is about $7, so these things are pretty inexpensive if you like US choo-choo trains at the pinnacle of their development before diesels started showing up. 👍

l1rza3M.png

2XJkXis.png

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Reminds me of the old Pacific Class 4-6-2 super fast streamliner passenger train lines from Chicago all the way to New York City. Penn Central's Broadway Limited and the New York Central's  Twentieth Century Limited. The PRR track was 4 tracks wide and called Broadway. On the section between Philadelphia and New York City daily commuters could often see the other line's train and sometimes they were close enough they considered it a race.

Pennsylvania Railroad Broadway Limited 1938

spacer.png

The New York Central had the Twentieth Century Limited.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I was unaware of K&L Trainz. I'm considering which of those K&L engines to buy. I see they also have the very long passenger cars to make up a train. Seems strange the coaches are so long (hard to go around tight curves).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I can already see one improvement. The driving position is on the correct side of the cab :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My favorite thing to simulate is Golf. Right now the latest greatest is Golf 2K21. Any player can create their own golf courses. I like the courses people make that are real courses, the great courses of the world as ranked by Golf magazines.

Under favorite courses I downloaded and play these and other real life courses. All have hosted major tournaments in real life.

Cypress Point (Monterey, Ca.). Famously was called 'The Cathedral of Golf'. Private course. Even Gary Player had trouble getting a tee time. Never will host another major because of this exclusivity (which is not politically correct). Has been rated the best course in the world on many lists for many years.

Vahalla (Louisville, Kentucky).

Pebble Beach (Monterey, Ca.). Might be the most scenic course ever made.

Pinehurst #2 (Pinehurst, NC).

Wingedfoot West (Mamaronek, New York). Created by Tillinghast

Bethpage Black Golfcourse (Suburb of NY City, Long Island, New York). Another Tillinghast course.

Pine Valley (Camden County, New Jersey) Also has been ranked best course in the world on many lists.

Augusta National (Home of the Masters)

Riviera Country Club, Pacific Palisades, California. I think it the most under rated course on Earth. A stately masterpiece.

Chicago Golf Course. The oldest golf course in America. Exclusive, members only. Will never host another major for that reason. Few trees because the designer did not like trees on a course.

San Francisco Golf Club . Another famous course created by Tillinghast. Perhaps his best.

St. Andrews (St. Andrews, Scotland). My choice for best course in he world. This is the home of golf. The first great course ever created. It's still the best regardless of history.

Royal County Down. (Nortern Ireland). Supurb in every respect.

Trump Turnburry Ailsa. (Ayrshire, Scotland). Always very high on list of best course in the world, sometimes  #2.

Muirfield (Scotland)

Royal Dornach. (Scotland)

Royal Melbourne. (Australia).

Royal Portrush (Northern Ireland)

Cabot Cliffs Canada. Always high ranked, but still underated in my opinion.

The Olympic Club. (San Francisco, Calif). Exclusive. Outstanding course. Not open to just anyone.

I"m not sure if Ballybunion (Ireland) and Sunningdale (England) and Sheshan (China) and Ba Na Hills (Da Nang, Viet Nam) have been user created in the latest version 2K22. They all should be. First two are legendary. Second two are tremendous new comers. The one in Viet Nam is lighted (a first for major golf).

Royal Troon. (Scotland)

Banff Springs. Alberta, Canada

Shinnecock. (South Hampton, New York).

Merion East. (Ardmore, Pennsylvania)

National Golf Links of America (South Hampton, New York). Along with Chicago golf course, among the oldest and greatest in America.

Seminole. (Juno Beach, Florida)

Murfield. (Dublin, Ohio)

Pacific Dunes (Oregon)

Los Angeles Country Club North

Oakland Hills, Bloomfield, Michigan

Whistling Straights. (Haven, Wisconsin). A Masterpiece, difficult to play well.

Peachtree. (Atlanta, Georgia)

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, Tim_Capps said:

Played RISK with my boys and one of their friends. But mostly I play Ticket to Ride with my wife on our iPhones. Every day. Guess we've played thousands of games by now.. I highly recommend it.

With your wife?  Lucky you. 

• Like 1

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

I used to play Age of Empires II Definitive Edition with my girlfriend. We're no longer together, and I'm no longer playing it hehehe. Before that, it was Commandos (back when I had a P4 1.6)...

Now, I've got a guitar to play with.

Your girl friend played computer games with you?  Maybe you should have asked her hand in marriage. 🙂

• Like 1

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

I've added Pan Am to the rotation. Not to be passed up and available at Target stores. The atmosphere is great, and the little Ford Tri-Motors, DC-3s, Stratocruisers and 707s are irresistible. The eponymous airline is actually run by the game, so you're building your airline in hopes of being devoured by Juan Trippe in return for cash, so you can buy stock in-- Pan Am! 60-90 minutes tense, interactive play time for 2-4 air tycoons. Not a huge fan of worker placement / bidding mechanics but this one really clicks for me. (And yes, my wife will play it.)

Complexity 2.44 out 5 (easy to play). But user rating is very high 7.6 out of 10.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/303057/pan-am/ratings

21 hours ago, Fielder said:

Complexity 2.44 out 5 (easy to play). But user rating is very high 7.6 out of 10.

It's pretty casual, once you get your head wrapped around the four different ways of buying routes. I was up until 12:30 a.m. on the Geek poring over every thread. The devs are very active providing clarifications (mostly unnecessary). I think it earns its rating-- I'd give it a 9, with one point for tiny airplanes to play with. Replay value is high due to a lots of chance events that vary from game to game. Would seem to be a natural for this group, especially since it is broadly accurate historically.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:55 AM, Waldo Pepper said:

RDR2 is awesome.

I got the dismemberment & gore mod for it which makes it fun, Like a zombie shooter. I found the base game and story dull and the Arthur person irritating but this mod along with some others has made this game a lot of fun for me.

The open world is amazing as are the small side missions  - I found those a lot of fun, more fun than the main storyline. It really is a playable spaghetti western movie. Many times I just find myself wandering around enjoying the amazing virtual world.

This fly mod makes it easy to get around

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/103