Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

i can't go back

I saw the title and knew immediately where things would go in this thread. This isn't OP's fault, of course, but it's quite tiring at this point. I think I remember why I left Avsim now, it seems there's no real middle ground lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Concodroid said:

I saw the title and knew immediately where things would go in this thread. This isn't OP's fault, of course, but it's quite tiring at this point. I think I remember why I left Avsim now, it seems there's no real middle ground lol

As a rule of life u have to take the good with the bad

Think a happy with and unhappy with forum category could be a good thing. Maybe optimists and pessimists. I will still read the unhappy posts, and when I am unhappy would be happy to contribute. But I won't be unhappy to comment on the happy threads 🤔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

PMDG is here with a great aircraft already, the DC6, although unlike the follow the magenta line aircraft, you actually have to fly it. 

Sure thing and it is a joy to fly that, but i am talking about 737/747 kind of complexity addon. The complexity there and systems depth is in another whole level compared to the DC.

DC was the first serious effort from them to see that "things can work"... At least that is my feeling.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Same here. I moved after upgrading to a new PC, which essentially means that I would need to reinstall P3D with 200GB worth of addons to even attempt to go back, and I honestly haven't bothered. I know I might be different than most here, but I really like the complexity / simplicity balance of the default planes (getting up in the air in less than 5 minutes is awesome and still gives me the "feeling" I search for when flight simming). And for that, the MSFS planes are an order of magnitude better than the P3D and FSX default planes, and let's not even mention the lighting and scenery.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Violins77 said:

the MSFS planes are an order of magnitude better than the P3D and FSX default planes, and let's not even mention the lighting and scenery.

That is likely true. Oddly enough I do not believe I ever flew any of the FSX default aircraft.  Coming off of previous versions of FS I at the outset with FSX knew which addon aircraft models I wanted and started with them.  I do hunger for some of my favorite aircraft to arrive for MSFS 2020.  Milviz, A2A, a couple of more Carenado.  What I am really going to miss are the RealAir models, especially the TDv2.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

That is likely true. Oddly enough I do not believe I ever flew any of the FSX default aircraft.  Coming off of previous versions of FS I at the outset with FSX knew which addon aircraft models I wanted and started with them.  I do hunger for some of my favorite aircraft to arrive for MSFS 2020.  Milviz, A2A, a couple of more Carenado.  What I am really going to miss are the RealAir models, especially the TDv2.

I loved the Real Air planes! But I'm not even sure they exist anymore?!

I also love Carenado, especially their jets, but they don't seem to be brining them to MSFS just yet. I don't mind third party planes, as long as I don't need one hour to get them to taxi. I am glad that FSL and PMDG exist though, they definitely serve a purpose and a lot people only want the best and most realistic.

8 minutes ago, Violins77 said:

I loved the Real Air planes! But I'm not even sure they exist anymore?!

I still fly them regularly in FSX SE and they have been massaged into most versions of P3D as well.  I hear there is little possibility of bringing them forward into MSFS however.  Carenado and Milviz are real possibilities.  I expect they are both being patient still waiting for more to settle out with MSFS.  SU5 was a great example. They can see the MSFS development timetable just like us, and they may be privy to even more timetable information.  I hope their models begin arriving soon.  I really wish for the Milviz 310R as I have flown that model a lot.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 hours ago, Concodroid said:

Preach to the choir  deaf.........