Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

i can't go back

1 minute ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Translation: Anyone who's happy with their experience and thinks otherwise is delusional and living in an alternate reality

🙄

Wrong! Anyone who thinks that the sim has improved from its initial release is delusional. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Looks OK to me, guess I need to get my vision checked. 

Maybe it's your settings or your monitor is not calibrated properly? 😀

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Wrong! Anyone who thinks that the sim has improved from its initial release is delusional. 😀

Translation: Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional and living in an alternate reality

• Like 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Just now, BiologicalNanobot said:

Translation: Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional and living in an alternate reality

Enjoy your beautiful sim.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Maybe it's your settings or your monitor is not calibrated properly? 😀

I have worked with display devices that cost around $100,000+. I know how to calibrate a monitor. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, DJJose said:

In reality my opinion the sim is NOT as good as it was after the second update.

See, I fixed it for you 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

You know I'm sat here reading all these posts, fs2020 is fantastic, without a shadow of a doubt, the technology behind this sim is mindblowing and since it came out 12 months ago nearly now every single flight I have done I have enjoyed, ive had all the stuttering you can get, ctd, controllers not working but ive stayed with it and I think it is mega, its only a matter of time before it improves vastly. Im running it on a 10 year old i5 3.2 ghz ,nvidia 6gb card and it runs pretty good ESPECIALLY since SU5.....theres not qring with the bloody simulator....bloodyhell.....enjoy it for what it is. 

Regards

Paul EGCC

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Enjoy your beautiful sim.

Thanks -- that is exactly what many of us are doing, in our deluded alternate realities. Hopefully you are enjoying your own DAR as well. May we all be happy in our delusions!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I just took a luck at the monthly updated pics and I clearly see clouds and ground textures that do not look as good as past monthly pics.

For any meaningful comparison, you need a picture of before the update you claim was really good.  Then in the current Sim Update 5, you need to take a picture of an exact location, using the exact same plane, using the exact same angle, and the same time of day, same cloud settings, same resolution, same graphics settings, etc.

I have been here since the release back in August of last year.  Aside from the culling and pop-ins in SU5 which I don't really mind because it boosts my FPS and makes the sim so much smoother for me, I haven't noticed any major degradation of the graphics.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 8/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, bean_sprout said:

....unless you want to simulate flying on planet Earth.

Regards

bs

Real airline pilots used to fly in sims with really poor graphics.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, tull said:

You know I'm sat here reading all these posts, fs2020 is fantastic, without a shadow of a doubt, the technology behind this sim is mindblowing and since it came out 12 months ago nearly now every single flight I have done I have enjoyed, ive had all the stuttering you can get, ctd, controllers not working but ive stayed with it and I think it is mega, its only a matter of time before it improves vastly. Im running it on a 10 year old i5 3.2 ghz ,nvidia 6gb card and it runs pretty good ESPECIALLY since SU5.....theres not qring with the bloody simulator....bloodyhell.....enjoy it for what it is. 

Your last sentence is not quite right - enjoy it for what it was 🙂

I still like MSFS and use it almost daily, but it isn't graphically as good as it was at launch. Good yes, but not as good.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Real airline pilots used to fly in sims with really poor graphics.

and even got paid for that!

unreal sim pilots fly sims with really great graphics. and have to pay for that.

injusticia!

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have worked with display devices that cost around $100,000+. I know how to calibrate a monitor. 

I wish I had purchased the MSFS variant of the X-Rite i1 Display Pro, rather than the one that works for every other bit of software on my PC.

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

It's obvious that the OP is new to this sim. The thought that this sim has matured is LOL laughable!

Well not that obvious i would say. I own the sim since the first day and didn‘t like it at all. Mainly because of the tubeliners missing, wichbchanged with FBW. But also on my system it is running much better then before . I don‘t meed cra7y LOD‘s etc. So i am really happy with the sim right now.

• Like 2

Carsten U

What I don't get -- in this thread and many others like it -- is why some folks feel compelled to tell others that what they are seeing is not real and that they must be deluded. What's the point of doing this? It wouldn't occur to me to tell those having a different experience from mine  -- very common given the wide differences in computer systems and other factors -- that they are crazy and must be living in an alternate universe. This is simultaneously dumb and patronizing. Can someone trained in psychology perhaps shed some light on this behavior?

• Like 2