Sign in to follow this  
UAL744

UFO aircraft encounters

Hi recently finished watching a news piece from on American Airlines flight 2292 encountering a UFO while crossing New Mexico airspace back in February and I may be new to this but I wanted to ask,

If these truly are aliens why are they so interested in our planes?

and what could they be doing aside from observing them?

Let me know what you think down below, I’m just as curious and perplexed as the next person.

Here’s the link: 

It's worth noting to very obvious facts about this incident: The crew said it looked a bit like a cruise missile. The incident took place over New Mexico.

New Mexico is the location of the White Sands Missile Range, which is the place where the Trinity nuclear bomb test took place when developing the atomic bombs for use against Japan in WW2. At the time of that test, many civilians observed the massive flash of the test device and so the story was put out that an ammunition  storage dump had exploded, and that some of the ammunition stored there was gas shells, which gave the US Army the necessary excuse to evacuate people and buy contaminated cattle from ranchers downwind of the explosion, which they in fact did. so it's nothing new for tests of weaponry to be kept secret.

Obviously there was a very good reason to keep the development of a new weapon secret back in 1945, but this remains true today for other secret weapons development, and with this in mind, it seems to me that the most obvious explanation for the sighting of something which the crew said looked like a missile, was that it was a missile, of entirely terrestrial origin.

That said, if it was some kind of craft from another time, or dimension, or planet, or whatever a genuine 'UFO' might be if considering all of the favourite theories, then it would probably make sense for the occupants of such a craft to want to observe the capabilities of us here on Earth, since I presume the entire reason for coming here in the first place would be to do that kind of thing, so it would obviously be interesting for such visitors to check out a Boeing 737 or whatever. We can only guess as to what the source and motivation of such reconnaissance might be, but it doesn't necessarily have to be for any sinister reason . Imagine if you will at some point in the distant future, an Earth craft which could come back in time so its occupants could check out 'the past'. It would probably be a big tourist attraction if such a capability existed, not dissimilar to if we could hop on a time machine and go back to look at Dinosaurs or some such. Given the fact that there is of course the danger of 'the butterfly effect' in classic time travel scenarios, it would seem to me that it'd make sense not to land such a craft, so as to have as little interaction with the past as possible lest they alter their 'present', so it would be more likely that such encounters would take place in the sky. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, UAL744 said:

If these truly are aliens why are they so interested in our planes?

and what could they be doing aside from observing them?

Let me know what you think down below, I’m just as curious and perplexed as the next person.

So many possibilities. IF we are indeed being visited by extra-terrestrials (unlikely) we can speculate that they might be investigating other species for scientific curiosity, so interested in our society and our technology. Thus the interest in our aircraft, checking out our level of technological progress. 

Interestingly, and some might say disturbingly, there have been incidents involving nuclear technology.. The 2004 Nimitz encounter was a nuclear powered carrier and the 2015 Theodore Roosevelt encounter was a nuclear carrier. And there have been a number of sightings above missile silos and in some cases missile systems deactivated. 

I would have to say though, the Nimitz encounter in 2004 and the 2015 carrier encounter didn't seem to be the UAP's primary interest. The craft were happily doing their own thing and only encountered US F18's when an attempt to intercept was made. The 2004 Nimitz interception was the famous David Fravor tic tac encounter and in 2015 a pilot reported a cube shaped object surrounded by a transparent sphere whizz passed his aiorcfat. 

We can only speculate. Maybe, if alien visitation is a thing, then they are accessing our capabilities in order to determine when we might be ready for open contact. 

They are alien teenagers, showing off their hot-rodded space ships.  The mature aliens do not visit Earth as it is considered to be on the wrong side of the galaxy.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Given the fact that there is of course the danger of 'the butterfly effect' in classic time travel scenarios, it would seem to me that it'd make sense not to land such a craft, so as to have as little interaction with the past as possible lest they alter their 'present', so it would be more likely that such encounters would take place in the sky. 

Encounters in the sky wouldn't help. Just one person seeing them, one bird that had to change direction, one insect killed, one insect altering its flight path, one molecule out of place in the atmosphere would have a profound effect on the time line. Unless of course there are no issues with paradoxes and interfering with the past simply sets up a new time line and you return to your own time line in your Mark III GTX time machine. 

I have a problem with time travel.

If travelling backwards in time is possible then isn't travelling forward in time also possible?  If people in the future can come back to our time and then go forward again to their time it would imply that we could also go forward in time and witness things and events that haven't happened yet.  But by definition they have to have already happened.

If we are able to travel along a timeline to get to the past and another timeline to get to the future it would be like being at Union Station in Chicago and taking the train to New York on track 2 or the train to Denver on track 4 if you consider Chicago the present, New York the past, and Denver the future.

I love the Star Trek NG episodes where they go back in time.  Data's Head was a two part classic when they went back to turn of the century San Francisco.  But in all the episodes I have ever seen they have never been able to travel into the future.  But then I doubt I have seen every episode although I still watch them on BBC USA.  They can travel back to their own time, but can they go beyond that into a future that hasn't happened yet?

Yet I do have a time machine in my living room.  It's called a television set and I watch old movies that bring people from the past back to life again.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

A friend of mine is a senior first officer on the 777 with British Airways ex Ryanair captain, he has flown all over the world and hasn't seen anything of such origin. 

As much as there are reports of pilots reporting incidents with UFO's I think they're more far and few between than we think. It seems what ever is in those UFO's is more interested in military aircraft than civil, which would indicate they have some intelligence as to what they are observing. 

I dont think humans will understand these craft for a very long time as they are likely impossible to capture due to their incredible speed and their maneuverability. As much as I don't trust governments, I do believe even they may not know what some of these craft are. 

There has been an increase in revealing such incidents to the public, I think its just the reality of the world we live in. Eventhough we claim that we know a lot about this earth and universe, the true reality of it is that we only know 0.005% of what this world and universe is about and has to offer its the true mystery of life that we will never fully understand the true meaning of. 

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

I love the Star Trek NG episodes where they go back in time.

There was an episode in the original Star Trek series where they went back in time to World War 2 and had a chance to prevent a well known pacifist from dying in a traffic accident. The doctor was going to save her but Kirk and Spock held him back because, if she had survived, she would have persuaded the US government not to enter the war and the result would have been disastrous for the future.

Dugald Walker

50 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

As much as there are reports of pilots reporting incidents with UFO's I think they're more far and few between than we think.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember one of the US Navy pilots saying they see UFOs every time they fly.

Dugald Walker

One thing for sure, if they are aliens who are private civilian tourists observing us, it won't take them long to learn how to generate income from their travels. Selling us merchandise. They will probably soon learn to masquerade as ordinary sales persons demonstrating what to them are just cheap every day trinkets but to us seem like sensational marvel devices. Free from fees TV antennas that receives subscription channels, dog barking silencers, tiny megawatt solar panels for the roof, blue vision sun glasses, miracle car polishing cloths, fast drying glues that can lift elephants.

th?id=OIP.WZUok8q19l5Kfi_XnD4zswHaD4%26p

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 hours ago, birdguy said:

If travelling backwards in time is possible then isn't travelling forward in time also possible?

Traveling forward in time is possible because we are doing it now. And travel around the cosmos at relativistic velocities and then go back home, and you arrive in their future. Traveling backward in time is more problematic. 

16 hours ago, birdguy said:

If people in the future can come back to our time and then go forward again to their time it would imply that we could also go forward in time and witness things and events that haven't happened yet.  But by definition they have to have already happened.

Questions we cant really answer. We don't yet fully understand the concept of time.  There's the "block universe" theory for example. Where your birth, death and everything in between is out there is space time.

According to the block universe theory, the universe is a giant block of all the things that ever happen at any time and at any place. On this view, the past, present and future all exist — and are equally real.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-09-02/block-universe-theory-time-past-present-future-travel/10178386

15 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

As much as I don't trust governments, I do believe even they may not know what some of these craft are. 

I agree, I think this notion of government having secret knowledge whereby they know what this phenomenon represents is fantasy. I suspect they haven't a clue. I suspect that's why they keep their investigations secret unless (like recently with AATIP) they have no choice but to admit it.

Imagine how embarrassing that would be for government if they admitted that objects penetrate our airspace with impunity, do what they like and we cant do a thing about it. 

This has been going on since the Roman's, who were famous for their accurate record keeping, documented flying shields in the sky and weird human figures ion white suits. 

https://www.wondersandmarvels.com/2012/06/ancient-flying-saucers.html

I mean honestly, the parallels between what was seen then and now are weird. Same stuff.

14 hours ago, dmwalker said:

I could be wrong but I seem to remember one of the US Navy pilots saying they see UFOs every time they fly.

I think that was during the 2015 carrier incident where for a period they were seeing them  every day. 

Edited by martin-w

17 hours ago, birdguy said:

I have a problem with time travel.

You will find this fascinating.

7 hours ago, martin-w said:

You will find this fascinating.

If this were possible, one benefit would be that someone with a terminal disease could travel to the future, be cured and return to the original time. So much better than cryogenics.

On the other hand, someone could travel to the future, obtain a record of stock market performance from present time to future time and make a fortune timing the lows and highs of the market. Of course, if everyone did it, the stock market would presumably crash but that information would be available in the future, too.

Dugald Walker

17 hours ago, dmwalker said:

On the other hand, someone could travel to the future, obtain a record of stock market performance from present time to future time and make a fortune timing the lows and highs of the market. Of course, if everyone did it, the stock market would presumably crash but that information would be available in the future, too.

Ha, true enough. I guess you could do all manner of things like that, go forward in time and check out the winning lottery tickets. 

Paradox's still come into play though I would imagine. We still have no idea what that implies, alternate time lines or grandfather paradoxes gone mad. 

Hawking suggested that nature probably has some king of chronological protection feature. Who knows.