Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

World Scale - Has anyone noticed a change?

Is anyone seeing a change in the last 24hours? Maybe just with the Reverb G2?

Edit - just noticed I had an OpenXR update just now. I wonder if that was it? However, the version number appears the same.

The world and cockpit looks bigger! Yay..need to keep testing 

Edited by dogmanbird

8 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

Is anyone seeing a change in the last 24hours? Maybe just with the Reverb G2?

Edit - just noticed I had an OpenXR update just now. I wonder if that was it? However, the version number appears the same.

The world and cockpit looks bigger! Yay..need to keep testing 

You got openXR preview mode selected? 

Hope they can include a slider for this, I am in the 787 like a child of 8 years in size approx. in Quest 2.

word not allowed, I think it's just a bug. It stuck until I restarted windows. However, I've managed to get it to change once again.

Some combination or sequence of in game render scale, preview mode, the openxr render scale adjustments and IPD setting on the headset I think is causing it. I had been messing with all sorts of settings when it suddenly happened.

I've never had it before, so I think it might have introduced itself with yesterdays OpenXR update. 

Edited by dogmanbird

I've had a several hours with the scale increased, even after a restart. My estimation of world scale (till now) is approx 70%, and when it's scaled up it's at about 90%.

The only thing common each time the scale increases, is setting the headset to about 64-66 IPD and restarting the PC. Once the scale increases, I can restart MSFS and play other games at an increase, until restarting PC.

It's promising that it can happen. I think it's trying to read the IPD from the headset when openXR initialises and there's some bug related to that.

Edited by dogmanbird

I just got my HP G2 installed and while it goes with MSFS no problem, the world scale does bother me quite a bit. It's definitely feels I'm flying a world of ~75% size, a miniature instead of the real with vast horizon and depth. Can't believe MSFS don't provide a simple scale slider in VR. 

The plus side is that I found the sweet spot of G2 is pretty good, even I'm wearing my glasses. That's a good relief after reading so many complains on its ting sweet spot.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

You can get prescription lens inserts for the G2, I got some for my G2, much prefer not to wear glasses while using it.

I'm in the UK, got them from here, around £70, but I'm sure they'll be available in most areas:

https://widmovr.com/product/hp-reverb-g2-prescription-lens-adapters/?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3DPzdQFOcBoHmnx9fHMUHVYpImZO63nWhiIveYVUCsYlCPpZ0fsm5RoCNYIQAvD_BwE

Eugene 

I haven't had the changing world scale bug since SU5 and openXR update about a month ago. I'm back at about 70% like everyone else. I'm not sure which update made the difference.

I don’t understand why Microsoft has not implemented the 3D world scale adjustment feature. The openXR get the IPD value from the headset and my guess is that openXR should do the scaling job automatically, but it doesn’t. I have waited this feature almost one year now. This is big issue for me. I can’t fly with some models like C152 because it is so ridiculously small.

Hi All

Have any of you had success with the Steam VR Beta World Scale settings?

This works fine for me and I can change MSFS world scale from tiny to enormous

I guess maybe there's other downsides with using SteamVR? I'm relatively new to VR, but it's working fine for me

yes it worked well for me.

It's just that in the past I got better FPS performance using WMR-OpenXR than Steam-OpenXR. Might have to try it again and see how it performs.

Yeah I figured there was probably a catch that people didn't like SteamVR or whatever, but it is a really easy "fix" for the crazy default world scale

I just bought a *new PC and tried VR once more and it performs amazing using SteamVR, I haven't tried to tweak as don't feel I need to right now, but perhaps I'll get even better performance using WMR

*amd 5950x, 64gb ddr4, 3080ti, nvme, reverb g2