Everything posted by peloto
-
Finally got my Dream Air SE finally, and ...
peloto replied to TheFamilyMan's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)@TheFamilyMan Thanks for all the review. After studying all, the problem are the pancake, are absurd, they block the 90% of the light!. Anyway I think the best PCVR HMD nowadays new, is this, the SE version, not the non SE version, I think it is even more dimmer. 90% less brightness pancake, brutal, I didn´t know that, more hot in the head, more ghosting, much less battery autonomy in Standalone HMDs, they are a scam, add the 100gr more of aspheric or a bit more grams from fresnel and more cheap, but you don´t have the problem of tiny FOVs (I prefer a small sweet spot like the fresnel ones) if you are 3mm out or wearing glasses ...scratching those pancakes, inserts are obligated, and even inserts in pancake can reduce FOV, not like fresnel or aspheric, other terrible disadvantage from "pancaca" haha I can´t believe it, 90% LESS IN BRIGHT ABSORBED by those fashion lenses haha The best for me with the nowadays technologies, aspheric in a compact HMD and lighter or the same weight like the HP G2, ok, not so compact like the Dream Air, but a fair "price" to pay for that, and foveated rendering, SLAM etc. ofc.
-
Finally got my Dream Air SE finally, and ...
peloto replied to TheFamilyMan's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)I have been reading that those oled panels, only have 100nits?!, the HP G2 has 150nits... and are in the limit, no, itsn´t possible. Really there wasn´t some better panels with that 2.5k resolution to include it?, they are very cheap even the high quality ones like the Apple Pro, only cost 250€ those high quality 6K panels, those rubbish seeyaa panels maybe 80€. And the other on those low quality panels, the smear-ghosting. Oh no, terrible, and for 150€ more in an oled panel they ask 1000€ more, all is "correct" haha, this isn´t happening, impossible
-
Valve Steam Frame VR Review vs. Meta Quest 3
peloto replied to Fielder's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)No, this is Steam Deck attached to your face haha, this isn´t a PCVR despite Valve says or ¿lie?, for not spending 0.01 cents more in a USB-C DP (Alt mode) or a optic DP cable e.g., intentionally primally for their portable consoles business, and adding latency and wasting resources and wattage consumption and warming more your head "wisely" for that reason, and despite the needed to have them wired anyway for its 1:30 hours of autonomy, and even worse speakers sound than the Index or the HP G2. I discard this for only PCVR The best if Pimax solves their release problems are the Dream Air SE SLAM nowadays for PCVR, and they are more wise, you can connect them to a phone or laptop USB-C DP and its powerbank battery haha, in the pocket or over the desk if you want portability, or still with W10 like me and the HP G2 haha Mbucchia must be "happy" after knowing his opinion about the Quest 3 and meta and how they hurts the PCVR, I think his great work is more in Steam App, thanks!
- Announcement: World Update 23 Poland & the Baltics
-
Releases Today IniBuilds a380-800 On Marketplace
The Inibuilds A380 is a total success in sales, also in some major airports some hours ago, in FS24 in its own online, half of the aircraft were A380s haha, more than 737s or A320s
-
Steam Link's Latest Public Beta Adds Wired USB
peloto replied to HiFlyer's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)But not USB-C Display Port uncompressed, for not to pay 0.1$ more for the USB plug..., what a shame, and worse an more work compressing uncompressing, they want herd you to wifi radiations. This VR HMD is discarded 100% for me sadly
-
Finally got my Dream Air SE finally, and ...
peloto replied to TheFamilyMan's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)The cable in the neck is normal in real aviation, even that is simulated better haha. And I want the less possible microwaves radiation attached to the brain also, thanks.
-
Taog AS365 N2 Dauphin / HH-65 Dolphin
"14.5.9 HOV AUG — Hover Augmentation Pilot Actions - Press HOV AUG on the FD control panel. Requires FD CPL to be on. - HOV AUG couples pitch, roll, and collective using OADS and radar altimeter to provide active hover stabilization. - ADI command bars will not be in view during HOV AUG. - Use fly-through or beep trim to change aircraft attitude. Beeped attitude changes result in an airspeed change; when released, the helicopter returns to level attitude. - Use C-SYNC to change hover altitude reference (3 ft per beep). - The 4-position FD Slew switch is inactive in HOV AUG" https://static1.squarespace.com/static/63cc10ce216f043f9fc5c87e/t/6a3d14e0249d950b61227c07/1782387936771/AS365_N2_HH-65A_FLIGHT_MANUAL_V1.pdf Great, it was time for those people in career, maybe I get into career after years in Neofly, to test, and after try career in a beta, with the default helicopters... Good news for helicopter missions! And I asked at one of those famous chatbots if the Taog Dauphin would have Auto-Hover, ant told me not..., we need revise all what those chatbots tell us, double work. Tempted to purchase it now or wait for a sale in one year, haha
-
CowanSim S76C++ Released
It is an enjoyment to fly it, and AP and FMC are great. This flight was all with SAS, AP is really good though I have some AP glitches from time to time but maybe doing things bad from me, I trigger them, or maybe a bug with the Xbox gamepad?, the FSUIPC with the Xbox Gamepad and the S76 is confirmed, I have to disable FSUIPC and fly with a modded curve in FS24. Anyway incredible this helicopter. Waiting the FS24 native version with its updated textures also. https://youtu.be/V_hfNygoOmc?si=191HHlqRP72YmiUu
-
Tried FS Copilot in MSFS2024...Wow!
A radio effect flying should be mandatory in Discord, if not ban those people haha till then. Seeking in Google´s chatbot, maybe it is wrong, it says that those radio effects do not exist in Discord still nowadays, they use Voicemod or something so. A normal phone voice break the immersion.
-
GAIST v7.1 in MSFS 2024
Is there news from Asobo to separate live ships from live planes traffic?, or if they could work also with live traffic off. That is something I miss from FS20.
-
CowanSim S76C++ Released
Yep, it flies very well with SAS on or off manually. It was a drifting problem with the Xbox gamepad together with a FSUIPC incompatibility or something. Yes, maybe I read something in the manual one day haha, I prefer to read and look at buttons haha, touch them, and ask in forums hahaha. The autopilot works really well in IAS, ALT, VS, and HDG, really well. It’s nice to discover how to control it with the trim buttons, nothing to envy HPG. I only miss the auto hover, maybe it has it? Plus, this has FMS and a better flight model when flying it manually, with SAS or not and APs off, in my opinion. It’s the best helicopter from CowanSim, I hope they upgrade it to FS24 first. It has some minor problems, like it doesn’t remember the livery well in FS24, the textures are already outdated, the left tablet should be retractable, and maybe they could improve the autotrim in SAS. Who knows? I don’t know how it behaves in reality, but it does some weird things from time to time. Though it is really an excellent helicopter and a surprise, reading bad comments in the past made me expect less. Totally recommended, especially now that it’s on sale in the Marketplace! Edit: Yes, it has hover regarding a chatbot with the VEL HOLD y RAD ALT buttons, great then! https://youtu.be/2WvVvQBzy4w
-
CowanSim S76C++ Released
It is on a great sale now in FS24 Marketplace and I bought it yesterday but I can´t fly it, after fly it a bit it gets uncontrollable, I fly with an Xbox Gamepad (with or without FSUIPC), maybe is related?. The cyclic gets fixed, unstable, trembles it self, only moves to the sides but if you push or pull it still does a bit, a really pity, apart from that haha, great helicopter, I recommend it haha, other people say that it flies great. And even a restart isn´t enough, a FS24 restart maybe helps a bit. With AP buttons on or off and ATT and SAS is always orange. The other helicopters fly like always. Any idea?, I am sure that is something related with the autotrim and autopilot, bug or incompatibility or misconfiguration from me. In totally manual is the only way I can fly a bit well, till it gets uncontrollable again. I am suspecting if the gamepad is beginning to have a bit of drifting to the right side some times in the collective, could be that also?, and autotrim on or off, gets wrong for that? Any news with FS24 native version? Thanks!
-
X-Plane VR-focused updates
Ah, ok, now yes, weird, even I had voted already says, yes.
-
X-Plane VR-focused updates
There is no vote button for me, weird?, or it hasn´t have now?
-
Mattheiu Bucchianeri leaves Microsoft for Valve
peloto replied to Fielder's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)Great news, and how SteamVR PC app can improve in performance-compatibility etc. in the near future, and put it inside SteamOS, and the new SteamVR HMDs or others etc. Happy that Steam take care and improves the PCVR. Edit: Hope this is for SteamVR PC app also haha, there are rumours that the Steam Frame is standalone and without Display Port USB-C, and I am not interested in powerful wifis microwaves, thanks.
-
next world update?
Canary Islands would be ok also.
-
Just got Reverb G2
peloto replied to kevinfirth's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)If you have the chance for to have a new fresh W10 with still updates in other OS partition only for MSFSs VR or games e.g., the G2 will thanks to you, WMR better noticeably than Oasis still.
- iniBuilds L-1011 to be released in March MP exclusive
-
TFDI MD-11 updated
And with the "new" update from some days, the online model is a complete disaster like before and the recorded video that I did, sad, and they touched some LODs (regarding changelog) but not those related to their online aircrafts. Do they read these topics?, or a link to send them this video easily or so?
-
I'm tired of borders...
The borders of my both 24'-27' monitors irritate me more haha, and 25º of FOV hahaha, and 80%? people flight in them, yes I know, crazy More seriously, my opinion, not better or worse, if had to choose between clarity-smoothness vs FOV, clearly the first 100%, I will reduce the FOV in nowadays HMDs for gain smoothness-clarity than the other way around.
-
MSFS 2024 on CachyOS (Linux) Discussion. Working for me.
Have you got or someone VR to test SteamVR?, Monado and other Linux software can make run even the depreciated WMR HMDs. I just read a pair of days ago that Nvidia is planning to support more also Linux or so, even maybe with their own Linux OS, for the SteamOS success and based also in SteamOS I understood. And I just installed also a fresh W10 in other partition for FS24-20/games, I have some months still of Microsoft support, but I am watching to SteamOS in PC since years ago.
-
Pimax Dream Air vrflightsimguy
peloto replied to Fielder's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)What about the built-in speakers?, or an upgrade to sell from Pimax?
-
nvidia smooth motion for vr
Anyway, testing yesterday and already with the 25H2 and Oasis, the best for me in smooth..., is Nvidia Smooth Motion off and only the OpenXR Toolkit with foveated in wide-quality still. Maybe in a future Smooth Motion and FS24 foveated improves, I hope.
-
nvidia smooth motion for vr
Yes, it is working with the Nvidia App, though in my case it works bad with fps limiters, and FS24 (OpenXR toolkit also I think) foveated methods, and the FS24 foveated isn´t well implemented still for its CPU charge and I didn´t use it anyway, compared to the Toolkik one. Smooth Motion has more or less the same performance or a bit more, in feelings haha, like with toolkit and foveated wide/quality settings, and stutters from time to time in the same way, though the Nvidia App performance overlay says ~100fps, I usually flown already at 60fps so 100 it is less noticeable the difference sure.