Sign in to follow this  
btacon

I Purchased The Aerosoft CRJ Over The Weekend.

My assumption only (I do not fly either in real life) is the CRJ was not designed or intended to be flown solo without any other flight crew and the flows seem to reflect that, whereas the CJ4 seems like it could be feasible  as a solo private plane with no flight crew.

Be interesting to see what our real world CRJ pilots have to say about flying it solo and how that work out IRL.

• Like 2

Is the CJ4 more automated compared to the CRJ?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Have you flown the working title cj4, I'm wondering how it is compared to that, I'm really enjoying the cj4 mod

Yes I only fly the CJ4 its a great ac to fly!

• Like 1

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

57 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

My assumption only (I do not fly either in real life) is the CRJ was not designed or intended to be flown solo without any other flight crew and the flows seem to reflect that, whereas the CJ4 seems like it could be feasible  as a solo private plane with no flight crew.

Be interesting to see what our real world CRJ pilots have to say about flying it solo and how that work out IRL.

I don't know, but my guess is that the CRJ is not certified for single-pilot ops.

Maybe FS2Crew or similar will come into play eventually.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

for $50 what should one expect?  a faithful reproduction or decent approximation on a desktop computer? 

Up to everyone to decide for themselves. The prices have shifted quite a bit for the market in MSFS, but even so... remember the PMDG Jetstream 41? That released at $45 and was a heck more accurate and a faithful reproduction than this CRJ. What bugs me a bit with AS is that with one hand they feed you the line that it is the most complex addon and with the other hand they slap you in the face with "it is only meant to simulate normal day to day ops" if you point out a flaw. And even normal day to day ops are not simulated properly. 

Besides that, they have had years and years to get this aircraft right, and years and years of sales at €50 for the CRJ X, €75 for the CRJ "Professional", and according to their own claims already tens of thousands of sales in MSFS, which makes it a million dollar plus revenue product by even a low guesstimation. 

But they can not even get the layout and text sizes on the displays right, fail to make a functioning direct-to function and more of those kind of simple, simple mistakes. If you do not get those basics right, is it still even a decent approximation?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

When the entire ideology at the core of your company is "all constructive feedback is actually unfair criticism" and you have the emotional maturity of an angry 13 year old, I'd guess feedback is never going to be taken too seriously unfortunately. If you compare it to the similarly priced DC-6 they're just absolutely world's apart, quality wise.

Edited by Bigbluss
  • Like 1

Am going to leave out everything and focus on the CRJ not who makes it, another topic for that.

The PMDG DC-6 is imo the best airliner we can currently buy.

The CRJ is not at that level and the things not right have been pointed out.

But if you’re happy to put them to one side, as I do, because if your not happy to do so then fly the CJ4.

Imo, the CRJ is very nice now. It works well enough to enjoy and I do enjoy it a lot.

If any of you guys want a walkthrough PDF, I have one I made for myself. Like the ones sticker on FSL forums and PMDG DC-6 forum. If you follow it, it will give you the steps from C@D to parked.

Just PM/DM me your email. Note I am away till Wednesday.

On Wednesday what do you think I will be flying? Yep…the CRJ🙂

I don’t  see any reason to not enjoy this CRJ, I think you all by now know how I feel about AS. But the CRJ is great fun and you do need to say ahead of it. 
Enjoy!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm flying the CRJ on a regular base for my VA and tracked wonderful 65 hours with more than 20.000 nm in it. And nearly every flight was a joy. Except I can't stand the sandwiches any more 😉 Its all about managing expectations. I'm flying the CRJ cause its not fully automated and can be a beast on approach. I don't want the full automation. And I prefer day to day ops. Sure its nice to feather one of the four radials in a DC6 but thats ok for that beast and that era aircraft. A CRJ I assume is functioning properly on the the short hops I usually do with her so I'm happy with that. But as you can see, thats my view only and everyone has to check on its own if the money worth. For me a clear yes. And another note... some rw CRJ Pilots say acceptable as a desktop sim... others say not. You won't find two rw pilots saying the same about a single aircraft, as even here we are talking about subjective things. Bugs or errors aside, thats granted.

In the end most of us are armchair pilots doing our hobby for fun and joy 😉

Cheers

T.

• Like 3

PMDG DC-6 is the Pinnacle for MSFS at the moment and if you want to fly fast at FL400+ the WT CJ4 is hard to beat. CRJ still has some issues and all they say about it is "Ask Asobo, its their fault", what kind of customer service is that.

• Like 3

Let me ask again, is the CJ4 easier to fly and more automated than the CRJ? I don't really enjoy having to manage speed, throttles, descent, etc. I tried flying and performing a full flight in the CRJ and didn't like those aspects too much.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

CJ4 easier to fly and more automated than the CRJ

Yes

CJ4 and its avionics is "at least" one generation newer.

CRJ cockpit is a design 30 years old by now.

• Like 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

There is a higher chance of me moving to Afghanistan and having a Gin and Tonic with a "high ranking Taliban leader" than there is for me ever purchasing a plane from Aerosoft again.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Let me ask again, is the CJ4 easier to fly and more automated than the CRJ? I don't really enjoy having to manage speed, throttles, descent, etc. I tried flying and performing a full flight in the CRJ and didn't like those aspects too much.

The CRJ is bascially an old rust bucket with a whole lot less automation. I owned the Aerosoft bird for FSX and P3D and after getting acquainted and putting together a checklist from Frugalsim's videos on the CRJ didn't have a lot of problems.

That said, the CJ4 doesn't have autothrottle either, it has FADEC, so you still need to manage speeds, especially during descent and approach.

• Like 1

Thanks, so I guess the CJ4 and CRJ isn't for me then.