Sign in to follow this  
Pilot Plus

Bristol Airport for MSFS Now Available!

3 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

A quick note for those having problems with this scenery. I just got a response to my ticket - didn't tell me anything useful at this point, just repeating the suggestions on their tech support page, but then I wondered if it might be a LOD issue, given how fancy this scenery seems to be. I normally run at LOD 400, and with a completely clean system and everything flushed out, but at my enhanced LOD, I just can't get EGGD to work. If I reduce my LOD to 200 though, it's fine.

I've reported this to Pilot Plus, but this might or might not help anyone else having issues with the scenery. Not a solution as far as I'm concerned - I'm not lowereing my LODs just to run one airport, no matter how fancy it is.

Assuming this is anything other than a coincidence of course. Changing my LOD may well have coincided with a change in the phase of the moon, or any one of a million other apparently unrelated events, but it seemed fairly solid to me.

I've been at LOD 100 for a while.  That's not the issue.  And BTW, I can see everything at that LOD.

Also, you don't have LOD 400 unless you edited the cfg file. 

Most of us are still getting great frames when it's not stuttering.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

20 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

've been at LOD 100 for a while.  That's not the issue

So are you saying you are getting problems at EGGD with LOD=100? If that's the case then that puts my theory out, but either way, that's how it's working on my system and so I thought it might be a solution for other folk too.

And yes, I am talking about LOD 400 via the cfg file. You may well be fine at 100, but each to their own, I prefer the extended LODs

cheers,

Andy

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 minute ago, andy1252 said:

So are you saying you are getting problems at EGGD with LOD=100? If that's the case then that puts my theory out, but either way, that's how it's working on my system and so I thought it might be a solution for other folk too.

And yes, I am talking about LOD 400 via the cfg file. You may well be fine at 100, but each to their own, I prefer the extended LODs

cheers,

Andy

Yes, I have Terrain and Objects LOD at 100.  Something's causing a glitch somewhere.  Also, some objects don't even come in to view unless you're right on top of them.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

13 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Yes, I have Terrain and Objects LOD at 100.  Something's causing a glitch somewhere.  Also, some objects don't even come in to view unless you're right on top of them.

OK, definitely something strange with this scenery then. I was trying it with a completely clean system (no addons active, everthing flushed and cleaned out) and for me it worked with LOD 200 but not at my usual LOD 400. Couldn't get it to load - black screen on hitting "ready to fly", had to cancel via Task Manager. Guaranteed, every time. But clean as a whistle at LOD 200. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see what Pilot Plus come up with.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 minute ago, andy1252 said:

OK, definitely something strange with this scenery then. I was trying it with a completely clean system (no addons active, everthing flushed and cleaned out) and for me it worked with LOD 200 but not at my usual LOD 400. Couldn't get it to load - black screen on hitting "ready to fly", had to cancel via Task Manager. Guaranteed, every time. But clean as a whistle at LOD 200. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see what Pilot Plus come up with.

I had a couple of hangs at loading also. 

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I had a couple of hangs at loading also. 

Jeff, why do you run at LOD 100 with a 3090 and 10900? Just wondering? (not having a go)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

49 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Jeff, why do you run at LOD 100 with a 3090 and 10900? Just wondering? (not having a go)

I don't see much of a difference expect for draw distance.  But yeah, it's the difference from going from about 90fps at the airport to 75ish...lol.  I do have the overhead.  I did notice some very mild stuttering though at LOD 200.  It's more about finding a decent balance of fluidity.  Also, there's going to be more changes from ASOBO anyways, so I'm not really hard core tinkering yet.   Overall I'm running a mix of ultra and high settings.

EDIT:  I should say that's in the 172 also.  The 320 will bring that down to about 45-50fps'ish.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

I'm just jumping back into this discussion... has anyone heard from the dev on this matter?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It seems to be a memory limit issue to me. I never see my VRAM or RAM usage go above 50% (or 4GB and 12GB) for some some reason and this airport requires more than that hence large amounts of data are swapping in and out causing the stutters. At least that's my guess. Not much pilot plus can do about it but hopefully Asobo will patch the sim so that more of the available memory can be used?

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

has anyone heard from the dev on this matter?

After a few exchanges my ticket is being closed. Suspicions are on the recent changes in the LOD workings internally. All that could be offered as a solution was that I should stay within the LOD range of the slider. Not something I'm prepared to do permanently, but I may do that for the occasional visit to EGGD. I shall also be less likely to jump straight in buying any further PP airports until I've heard they are working correctly at full LODs

• Like 1

Ok so I’ve just done a test flight and can confirm the stutters when panning - pretty bad really and not acceptable. I also noticed a major stutter when taking off from RW09.

I’m running at a locked 48fps (vsync 20 in game) @1440p - I can hold this no problem unless I pan.

Talking of 09, so far I’ve taken off from that runway every time using real world weather and time, with UK2000 it was almost always 27 - coincidence?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

11 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Not much pilot plus can do about it

sure they can. they can do what other high-end top airport developers do:

develop within whatever constraints there might or might not be. these were known to the developers before they released their product.

test their product before release sufficiently.

stop sales until problems are fixed.

work within the options/limits of the platform, don't blame ones own issues on Asobo,

• Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Ok so I’ve just done a test flight and can confirm the stutters when panning - pretty bad really and not acceptable. I also noticed a major stutter when taking off from RW09.

I’m running at a locked 48fps (vsync 20 in game) @1440p - I can hold this no problem unless I pan.

Talking of 09, so far I’ve taken off from that runway every time using real world weather and time, with UK2000 it was almost always 27 - coincidence?

don't worry about the 09 takeoffs and landing..  weather here in the west country has been completely reversed this week 🙂   09 is currently correct and has been for about a week - 10 days.  Quite often happens this time of year.  It will revert to 27 in a while.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

18 minutes ago, turbomax said:

sure they can. they can do what other high-end top airport developers do:

develop within whatever constraints there might or might not be. these were known to the developers before they released their product.

test their product before release sufficiently.

stop sales until problems are fixed.

work within the options/limits of the platform, don't blame ones own issues on Asobo,

ermm the limits of the product are currently 200 for main settings on LOD etc.  If it works fine with that (which it does for me) but you faff around changing things in the config.. then thats not within the platform parameters and totally down to you, not to either Asobo OR the developer.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Moria15 said:

but you faff around changing things in the config.

don't know what you mean. I have never touched any config, let alone "faffed around" nor do I own the scenery, for the very reasons I mentioned above. blaming it on Asobo does not convince me when I see how smoothly similarly complex KDCA from "drzwickiewicjkwwizeki" performs.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.