Sign in to follow this  
Pilot Plus

Bristol Airport for MSFS Now Available!

I find the UK 2000 Bristol an absolute frame rate murderer too. It's by far the most sluggish airport.  I can't imagine that was heaving with state of the art trickery so maybe there's something odd about the area itself. 

11 minutes ago, superspud said:

maybe there's something odd about the area itself. 

Ah, the lesser known "Bristol Triangle" perhaps? Aircraft vanishing out of the skies and only a few pastie wrappers ever found. I can hear the strange theme music already <grin>

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

38 minutes ago, superspud said:

I find the UK 2000 Bristol an absolute frame rate murderer too. It's by far the most sluggish airport.  I can't imagine that was heaving with state of the art trickery so maybe there's something odd about the area itself. 

Yes I find that as well. 

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

How odd. It's completely the reverse for me. Hmmm.. I'm wondering if there's some addon scenery that I have installed that's clashing with it? It's a stutter fest for no apparent reason. Oddly it's fine when I use the drone but is awful stutter wise when in the cockpit. Flying into the airport is tolerable but taking off from runway 9 is a jerk fest until clear of the airport.

I didn’t notice any stutters - apart from when panning. I’ll give it another test tomorrow and report back.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

26 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

I didn’t notice any stutters - apart from when panning. I’ll give it another test tomorrow and report back.

I think you you may need a beast of a PC to run it. I have the sim running smooth with hundreds of addons but this airport is too much for my rig.

Edited by jarmstro

How does this compare to BRITOL UK2000 

I already have it

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, Manny said:

I already have it

This one doesn't look like fsx 2010 

If I were to buy this again, I would get this one, Same price.

But I already have that uk2000 one, I don't find performance  an issue.

Edited by Manny

Manny

22 minutes ago, Manny said:

I already have it

Texture quality is much better than UK2000 and it’s cheaper. 

Mendip transmitter is also modelled

They have done a good job with internal modelling - although there are areas which haven’t been done - instead you have a wall sectioning off areas of the terminal. But this isn’t an issue for me, it’s all about the exterior imo. The only other thing (and I’m being picky) there is less South parking than uk2000.

so I’ve double dipped - but it’s my home airport. 

edit : I would liked to have seen more life outside one of the gates - perhaps a line of passengers boarding and some bags going in the hold.

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 minute ago, hanhamreds said:

Texture quality is much better than UK2000 and it’s cheaper. 

Mendip transmitter is also modelled

They have done a good job with internal modelling - although there are areas which haven’t been done - instead you have a wall sectioning off areas of the terminal. But this isn’t an issue for me, it’s all about the exterior imo. The only other thing (and I’m being picky) there is less South parking than uk2000.

so I’ve double dipped - but it’s my home airport. 

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Manny

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Thank you!

I’ve just edited my reply - regarding passengers boarding 

I tried again and had a good result. 

I've rebooted once since my last try, although I usually dubious about rebooting unless the installer instructs you to do so.

Also, I was thinking how I've 'adjusted' my LOD values. This could be a factor and not fair to the devs for me to complain about crashes on a modified install. So...OK. We'll see.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

20 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Ah, the lesser known "Bristol Triangle" perhaps? Aircraft vanishing out of the skies and only a few pastie wrappers ever found. I can hear the strange theme music already <grin>

Pasties - you are about 150miles out there fella, maybe some empty cans of Thatcher's gold laying around though🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hanhamreds said:

Pasties - you are about 150miles out there fella, maybe some empty cans of Thatcher's gold laying around though🙂

Ah, but that's the most mysterious thing about it <grin>

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

A quick note for those having problems with this scenery. I just got a response to my ticket - didn't tell me anything useful at this point, just repeating the suggestions on their tech support page, but then I wondered if it might be a LOD issue, given how fancy this scenery seems to be. I normally run at LOD 400, and with a completely clean system and everything flushed out, but at my enhanced LOD, I just can't get EGGD to work. If I reduce my LOD to 200 though, it's fine.

I've reported this to Pilot Plus, but this might or might not help anyone else having issues with the scenery. Not a solution as far as I'm concerned - I'm not lowereing my LODs just to run one airport, no matter how fancy it is.

Assuming this is anything other than a coincidence of course. Changing my LOD may well have coincided with a change in the phase of the moon, or any one of a million other apparently unrelated events, but it seemed fairly solid to me.

• Like 1