Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mark 1A released

13 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Ran out of fuel? 😅

😆 yep I left the flaps up and made it.....😛🙃🙂

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

😆 yep I left the flaps up and made it.....😛🙃🙂

Well done! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

gxviFGq.png

• Like 13

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Whoa Beavis (I mean Alan).  That is a way cool screenshot.  CHOCK.  DEFENDER OF THE REALM.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Chock said:

gxviFGq.png

The money shot!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Remember Chaps. Wheels down Canopy open.. Wheels up Canopy closed....

• Like 2

tpewpb-6.png

I guess that is what they call "wear and tear", but it looks like Chock has vomited on the inboard section of the right wing!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I guess that is what they call "wear and tear", but it looks like Chock has vomited on the inboard section of the right wing!

Well that's his own fault!  Too much time flying inverted trying to test the negative G fuel starvation.  😆

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

45 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well that's his own fault!  Too much time flying inverted trying to test the negative G fuel starvation.  😆

Neg G fuel flooding - hence the black smoke.

The early Spitfire Merlin carbs had a FLOAT BOWL which merrily filled with fuel under neg G which then poured into the engine causing a cloud of black smoke and engine stutters and power loss. Worst case scenario the engine may even stop completely and be impossible to restart.

This is why the famous "Shilling Orifice" worked. Beatrice Shilling's brilliant idea was to insert a restrictor in the fuel line that limited fuel flow to no more than needed for maximum boost.

Of course this aircraft seems to have the Shilling device as it flies fine under negative G - no stutter and no black smoke.

Our MK1A is an interesting hybrid actually with fabric control surfaces (replaced by metal from late 1940 onwards) but the Shilling restrictor that was rolled out from March 1941 and a manual pitch prop that apparently is a substitute for the early 1940 2 speed affair that the game does not allow.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So it seems to fly very well and nicely modelled. The sounds seem ok but are debatable as subjective. So what about engine/temperature failure/damage model? Anything? I just got spilled with a lot of oil yesterday evening in my Corsair. What about this spitfire? Prop damage on ground strike? Or do I better stay with my Corsair in msfs and the a2a spit in the esp?

Cheers

T.

19 minutes ago, Torsen said:

So it seems to fly very well and nicely modelled. The sounds seem ok but are debatable as subjective. So what about engine/temperature failure/damage model? Anything? I just got spilled with a lot of oil yesterday evening in my Corsair. What about this spitfire? Prop damage on ground strike? Or do I better stay with my Corsair in msfs and the a2a spit in the esp?

Cheers

T.

The Corsair is proberly the #1 Warbird within MSFS IMO ofc, its very polished and is stunning. But....its not a Spitfire, it might well be I'am English, the Spitfire for me is "the" iconic WW2 warbird. Imo its also the best looking warbird ever made, and that engine.....So if you want to fly a Spit within MSFS you can have 2. I would fly the MKI 95% out the two. If you want the very best Spit, A2A P3D( I looked that up on youtube, its looking very old now) or proberly the best one of all DCS Spitfire. You also could use IL.

Up to you!

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

Cheers

T.

By co-incidence there is a Corsair faffing about at altitude near the end of this video  ....

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The Corsair is proberly the #1 Warbird within MSFS IMO ofc, its very polished and is stunning. But....its not a Spitfire, it might well be I'am English, the Spitfire for me is "the" iconic WW2 warbird. Imo its also the best looking warbird ever made, and that engine.....So if you want to fly a Spit within MSFS you can have 2. I would fly the MKI 95% out the two. If you want the very best Spit, A2A P3D( I looked that up on youtube, its looking very old now) or proberly the best one of all DCS Spitfire. You also could use IL.

Up to you!

David, I'm completely with you. The Spit is a stunning bird and I love the shape too. BUT I want more than just the look. So nobody up to now was able to tell me if AH is still doing only halfway nice basics like known for or did they do some more and included engine/temps damage/failure and perhaps a prop strike? I want to see some consequence if I don't handle with care. In addition afaik the Spit would overheat quite quick on the ground and toast the engine. But neither the IF version nor the AH version seems to have it correct. Sooooo I'm a bit uneasy on this one. The a2a btw is very very deep on the systems and no way old but thats again subjective 😉

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Torsen said:

David, I'm completely with you. The Spit is a stunning bird and I love the shape too. BUT I want more than just the look. So nobody up to now was able to tell me if AH is still doing only halfway nice basics like known for or did they do some more and included engine/temps damage/failure and perhaps a prop strike? I want to see some consequence if I don't handle with care. In addition afaik the Spit would overheat quite quick on the ground and toast the engine. But neither the IF version nor the AH version seems to have it correct. Sooooo I'm a bit uneasy on this one. The a2a btw is very very deep on the systems and no way old but thats again subjective 😉

Cheers

T.

Some degree of engine management but no it does not overheat and blow up like the Corsair. No prop strikes, no neg G flooding.

It is not arcade,  quite sophisticated in some areas - but it is not study level either.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2