Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mark 1A released

You need to download and read the manual, already am LOL'ing at could go very wrong if you dont.

So RTFM as they say....🙂

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Seems to fly well.  Surprisingly easy to take off and land.

Though the Reflector Gunsight is a bit disconcerting as the reticule is fixed in place and does not move when you move your head 😄 You can however turn the reticule off thank goodness.

Spawns at the runway with alternator, fuel and mags OFF which is a bit odd. Have not flown it enough to know if there are any bugs yet.

Will make a video if I have time/

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Am I right in thinking that the MKI needs hand pumping to lower and raise the landing gear?

On many Mark 1 Spitfires it was indeed a hand pump to operate the gear, but later in the production run of the Mark 1, an engine-driven undercarriage control system was added, which was then standard thereafter, so not all Mark 1s had the hand-pumped landing gear system.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

What about engine damage, temperature consequences etc? I'm not a big fan of Aeroplane Hell errr Heaven stuff from the past cause of the missing everything beside the basics. And I feel a real pain that these guys are doing the only announced DC3 atm to be honest 😬 Even the free C47 was always a lot better then the AH version in the ESP.

Cheers

T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Just Done my first flight.

I will cover all the points people ask above. You know I will say just what I think, good or bad and compair it to anything like it in any sim.....But for now the bottom line.

Its fantastic. Nothing like the FI Spitfire. Go Buy it.

But I will cover everything I can later, but right now all I want to do is go fly her. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Torsen said:

What about engine damage, temperature consequences etc? I'm not a big fan of Aeroplane Hell errr Heaven stuff from the past cause of the missing everything beside the basics. And I feel a real pain that these guys are doing the only announced DC3 atm to be honest 😬 Even the free C47 was always a lot better then the AH version in the ESP.

Cheers

I have to agree Tiesen. I was very unhappy with their DC 3 in P3D(especially using VR). They got me once. 

• Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

not sure if I am a natural but I got her up and running (takeoff as well) withhout reading the manual. 😂

Obviously helps I know somewhat how to fly IRL, but this was fun. Thought the plane would be more demanding but this is actually manageable even for a spitfire novice.

(only taildragger experience was as passenger in a accrobatic Cap10)

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Aeroplane heaven for me, I like her a lot.

Sound is as the mk! with that little whistle going on. Weathered skins a must on these warbirds.

Put more than default fuel in her, it soons run out ! .

A big plus is she has no constant speed propeller (one for chock!) like the mk IX you have to manage that as you cart wheel through the sky.

Unless I missed something from not reading a handbook, if I can fly the mk IX I thought I would take a chance!

Flying wise AH stated they had coded the infamous MSFS taildragger waltz and it works!

I think they have done a marvellous job, my prefered Spitty now, due to FI Spit being a bit too clean, like a Carenado.

Be a pilot at BBMF!  The home base of the memorial flight.   https://flightsim.to/file/10045/egxc-raf-coningsby

Edited by Puddin
amendment
  • Like 3

Looks very promising, the 3D printed controls are a brilliant idea too👍

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

My Review. ( How people just jump in this and go fly is amazing if you have started C&D, given the Mixture is the totalty the wrong way round as per the real thing and COG must be set, Also the ground handing is like nothing else.) Anyway...moving on.

Well for a mild stone 8,000 post at least its a good one, not a simple reply.🙂

Anything I write in Red is the bad, Bold is the out standing things.

So Lets start C&D. You have two levers to "pull" there not animated also they dont set C&D as they should.Bad.

But Pull the right one (Top) and set her up is a 30 second Job. The VC and out side texturing is stunning.

The Fuel pressure cock, set to carb and see PSI and then Engine, this has to be done by holding left click and at the same time right clicking.

The primer has no noise when pumping but I have no idea if thats wrong. Also at lease it unwinds and locks with the right mouse wheel rolling unlike the FI.

On Engine start, this is a big thing with a Spitfire, wow wonderfull for 1 second then there is 1/2 second of nothing, then the sound comes again. Its not the cover its just a bug and damm frustating as this is a key moment in a Spitfire.

Once over that 1/2 second of no sound, its pure joy, nothing like the FI Spit in its sound. Its deep and sounds so good.

Taxi'ing and ground handling. Its like nothing I have used before, the Spitfire does not have Toe brakes. Its a bit complicated to explain. What it means is rudders work for turning as normal. Toe brakes will pull the Spit in the wrong Direction. Its right but strange to use and you can see the right HYD for left and right, but its pulls in the other dicedtion. 

Takeoff, Wonderfull, The FI and the Milviz FG are far more of a hand full, AH say they have worked hard on this and it shows, she is wonderfull to keep inline, for a taildragger that is.

In the air. The sound of the engine is wonderfull and what I like so much is when you close the canopy its not the sound you hear with it open, its diffrent again hard to but into words, but it "feels" like this huge engine in frount of you, throbbing away. Out side is just pure Spitfire. With also great heat blur.

Rolls and loops! WOW once you pitch her down in anyway, boy you know about it, she started a spitfire scream, scream is not the right word but the engine pitch raises really fast and she just screams at you, to say "be carefull" trying this she blow up/crashed! on me 🤣Stunning, even descending you here it, fantastic. Rolls were no faster or slower at the speeds I tried. But once that nose goes down at all, she starts singing LOL. The flight envelop could be done better, she does not go mental if you pull a really hard turn. I realy would like this to be better because we need to "feel" and see the flight enverlop. But Franky within the MSFS Hard turns and pushing the enverlop is not somthing I do, other sims for that. Yes DCS.

Approach, with power on or off, droping flaps has no pitch up, its all huge braking and she can only pitch down. She needs far more power when flaps and gear are down, a lot. Landing and roll out again, wonderfull. To brake I push my left rudder and left toe brake (read above for why) its sort of a pumping lightly on brake and you can see the brake level pumping. Wonderfull.

Will I fly the FI Spitfire again, I dont thing so or not much. This is just so good, it "feels" Old, it sounds so very good, so much better than the FI and noise down is just somthing spiecal, and the best bit, the bit I love the most is when your around 170 mph and coming into land, you open the canopy and OMG! The sounds are like BOOM! nothing like when you close it, the transformation is like you would think it would be IRL. Again its not the same noise as you just had but loader, O no its the engines of a spitfire booming at you, It made me jump the first time...lol.

Now some Eye candy....

A hot Girl!

ZP-C

74 Squadron saw a lot of action during the Battle of Britain and John Freeborn flew more sorties in the Battle than any other RAF pilot.
Freeborn lived a full and eventful life. He died in 2010 at the age of 90.

How can you not have the utmost respect for these guys! Humbled to think of what they did. Huge Respect and gratitude. I am truely honored to fly his Spitfire with MSFS. Thank you AH.

Flight-Simulator-k1-Mq5-Vt-JYj.png

Flight-Simulator-m-D268qhx9m.png

Flight-Simulator-w001-H7-Koed.png

A lot of landing and takeoff's

Flight-Simulator-y7-A9-V14-Qa-N.png

Just Buy It ❤️

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Puddin said:

A big plus is she has no constant speed propeller (one for chock!) like the mk IX you have to manage that as you cart wheel through the sky.

Can you clarify this bit?

Also, does the engine have a temperature model?

Spitfires had a variable pitch prop rather than a CSU.  You select prop pitch directly rather than selecting a RPM.

One thing I noticed was the fuel prime selector is inop, though you do not need it at start-up. The original Spitfire manual states that you should never prime the carb anyway and that later variants of the MK had the primer and fuel switch removed entirely (however, as it is modelled it should move). My guess is it was removed in the real life early Spitfire because over-priming contributed to stack fires and they found a way around it.

There is is also a potential electrical issue that crops up occasionally though that may just be me sending the battery flat, rather than an actual bug.

OVERALL though - fantastic and well worth the money

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.