Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

March 2007 Vista Compatibility Update for FSX, etc...

Thanks for the Heads Up. It is a pity that details for the fixes are not given, I have more than one product on that list and I have ordered my copy of Vista.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I tried to install it and got an error-then checked and it had already automatically installed 2 days ago! Just a heads up if others get an error message when trying to install.

How can software stated as being optimally designed to run on Vista require a software compatibility update?

Did nothing for me. The Justflight Schweizer chopper still runs fsx out of memory and crashes it within minutes.

I've got a Windows 2003 domain at home that pushes out updates to all of the computers (which are all Vista), but I tried the download just-in-case since hope springs eternal. :-)I got a "This update does not apply to your system" message. Yikes! I don't see this update in my list of installed updates and my server did not deem this update necessary for the Vista computers in my domain. This is very interesting since I have quite a few of the applications and games loaded that this update is supposed to fix and I'm running Vista Ultimate on all 5 home computers, but it won't install on any of them.Oh well.

are you sure this was not installed already ?I came around this very same KBS a month ago, FSX was already in the list. When I tried to install it, I got the same message (does not apply to you system), found out it was installed already.This month there were only a couple of programs added to the list.This proves it is recommended to install Windows fixes, as individuals it is not possible to keep track of them (of course this is different for bigger enterprises, that need to guarantee compatibility.Jan

Well, we don't claim "being optimally designed to run on Vista", just that it will work with Vista (which means things like working correctly with UAC enabled, integrating with the Game Explorer, etc). In the ReadMe/Release Notes (whatever we called them :-> ), we also state that FSX was released before the final version of Vista was done, so there may be some minor issues still.If this is the QFE that I think it is, it fixes the problem on some Vista installs with running FSX in fullscreen mode (the screen would constantly flash between black and the FSX screen when running full screen).

>Well, we don't claim "being optimally designed to run on>Vista", just that it will work with Vista (which means things>like working correctly with UAC enabled, integrating with the>Game Explorer, etc). In the ReadMe/Release Notes (whatever we>called them :-> ), we also state that FSX was released before>the final version of Vista was done, so there may be some>minor issues still.>>If this is the QFE that I think it is, it fixes the problem on>some Vista installs with running FSX in fullscreen mode (the>screen would constantly flash between black and the FSX screen>when running full screen).>>Oh, I should definitely get this then. I've been getting that consistantly.