Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Payware Showing up on Flightsim.to

I apologize if this was addressed somewhere else, but I noticed recently that there are now pay-ware items listed on Flightsim.to. Not sure if it is my settings, but if not is this by design and will it continue?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

6 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

They stated recently that they were going to do this

Thanks, I must have missed that. Too bad there’s not a way to change the settings to only display freeware.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

I apologize if this was addressed somewhere else, but I noticed recently that there are now pay-ware items listed on Flightsim.to. Not sure if it is my settings, but if not is this by design and will it continue?

Cheers, Pete

They also mentioned it'll be a premium membership for those who don't like to wait 20 seconds for the downloads.

I think It's an excellent site and I agree they should be looking for ways to make it sustainable in the long run.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I commented on the fact that you seem to have an "issue" with it

There's nothing in their post that says they have an issue with it.

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Well, maybe a bit "sarcastic" but certainly not "pompous".😀

Anyways, you're probably right, and I shouldn't have flown off the handle. Again, I'm all for flightsim.to also including payware as long as it's clearly labeled and legal. 

It’s all good, and it is in fact a great site.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's nothing in their post that says they have an issue with it.

We already buried this hatchet, so let's just move on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

We already buried this hatchet, so let's just move on. 

We posted at the same time so I didn't see that until after. Sorry.

Edited by Tuskin38

I must have missed the post about payware on the .To site..but as long as there is no confusion and it is separated i see no problem

As for misunderstandings in posts I see this all the time...the internet is not like any normal conversation when you post. People cannot hear your tones, nor sense intent with any great degree of accuracy..cannot see your face to see if there is humour or anger in your eyes. It is a global access platform and people can even use translators to participate here

.. all things considered, erring on the side of civility is the best response IMHO. 

• Like 6

<sigh>

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So premium subscription is not available yet?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Their first entry into the payware arena was with the Gee Bee R3.   (That refers to FS.to and GotGravel (Friends of Gravel).

/Gravel said that Mike Patey's "Draco" will be coming soon.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Their first entry into the payware arena was with the Gee Bee R3.   (That refers to FS.to and GotGravel (Friends of Gravel).

/Gravel said that Mike Patey's "Draco" will be coming soon.

Interesting choice. Gee Bee R3 never existed and "Draco" totaled in crashed 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Who are Flightsim.to? Where are they located? What do we know about them? Are  they legit?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049