Sign in to follow this  
lagaffe

Canadair CL-215T and Canso PBY-5A

Hello,

A few words to introduce you an very old French-VFR project (http://frenchvfr.free.fr), which has been launched in 2016 and restarted for MSFS, last year.

It concerned two planes developped for Prepar3D under GMax v1.2 but due to personal events, this project was put on hold until last year. Being retired and having much more time to dedicate to my hobby, I started to seriously study Blender 2.83.xx and the existing plugins to export to Prepar3D and MSFS. The result of these efforts was the release of HN-433 Ménestrel HN-433 v1.0 in June 21 so I decided to continue the development of these two SAGQ water bomber aircrafts.

Canadair CL-215T n°237 :
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

First test under Prepar3D v4 for the cockpit and its textures:

spacer.png

Canso PBY-5A n°702 and n°712:
This is the most advanced aircraft since it is already usable under MSFS.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Currently, the PBY-5A is the most advanced aircraft :
- 3D model of the Canso is 90% complete,
- all external control surfaces are animated,
- undercarriage animations are done in spite of the "landing gear doors" which are not mobile,
- floats at the end of the wings are also animated and can be controlled from the cockpit,
- water dumping function can be commanded from the cockpit,
- water drop or orange delayant effects (not visible on this video) have been tested for MSFS SU5 (to be reviewed in anticipation of SU6 and modifications on the Visual Effect Editor)
- effects due to landing surfaces (tarmac, dust, water, snow) are implemented,
- amphibian function is yet implemented: it lands and takes off from liquid surfaces

The most of the remaining work is on the VC (10% done) but some instruments of the panel are already operational: badins, manifold and altimeters.

We hope to release one of them before Christmas 😃

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Didier- SO GOOD to see you here also!  Have been following this (and EVERYTHING you create) closely.  The bigger world here awaits 😉

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks you very much, Carl 😉

Edited by lagaffe

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

These look incredible - thank you SO much for all the effort to bring these to the sim!!

I have a lot of work to create what I have in mind: a Canso as advanced as Aerosoft's for FSX but I will try 😇

After that, I will perhaps a Beaver 😅

Edited by lagaffe
  • Like 2

Looks great. Wishing you good luck with the continuing work. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good luck on your projects, looking forward to the CL-215 the most 🙂

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Today, we have finish the Alpha version v0.6.6
- the contact points are OK
- the suspensions are working again
- the engine.cfg and flight_model.cfg files have been revised
- the two release switches are improved and visible in their operation (we can see the button push and release on the 2nd press)
- the tank management codes have been updated.

After the SU6 update, a lot of functions for the Canso have been validated and operational:
                - the water bombing works with the opening of the ballast tanks
                - after 6 to 8 s, the tanks are emptied so no more effect of water dumping
                - the PAYLOAD values are automatically updated and the aircraft becomes lighter as it rises slightly
                - if you close the ballast tanks and then open them again: there are no more effects because there is no more water in the tanks!

As for the losses: the effects are completely destroyed (considering the content of the article on the developers's official forum, it was expected) so they have to be redone an other time !

Edited by lagaffe
  • Like 2

Hi,
This project continues to move forward and I am at a stage in the development process.
The management interface was added this morning, and some technical points that were bothering me have been resolved:

- the float deployment operations are done via the mouse and the switch on the "mobile panel" or by programming a keyboard/joystick key
- the operations of water release (C-FNJE) or delayant (C-FPQK) will be done in the same way via the mouse and the switch on the "mobile panel" or by programming a keyboard/joystick key
- the configuration of the device will be done by mouse clicks on the tablet, this one is displayed by cliking on the number plate at the main dashboard.
- some scripts  have been adapted and are already included in the version but still need to be tested and modified accordingly: some points are not yet dry! These scripts allow in particular to manage two propeller operations (low speed rotation and normal "still-slow-blurred" rotation). The transition from one mode to the other must be studied with great care, taking into account all the variables involved in this management.

I'll see if I can get a stable WIP version up and running (as soon as possible) so that those who want to test can do so. In any case, it won't be on flightsim.to but on my personal website http://frenchvfr.free.fr

Debug-and-Iphone.jpg

2021-12-31-223705.jpg

2021-12-31-224347.jpg
Attached Images Attached Images
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi,

One screen with all accessories (managed by a tablet in the virtual cockpit) around the aircraft when it is parked:

spacer.png

and the same position with the C-FNJE parked on Mirabel

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This is brilliant!! Thank you so much for all your work !!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hello,

Well, I have released a WIP version yesterday, on my website: http://frenchvfr.free.fr, find on the english section, "Download - Native aircrafts for MSFS".
This addon is not finished, I have some work to do in order to acheive it. I think it will be ok for June santahat.gif

All the details and the follow-up about this work in progress are on this post, in french (but google is your friend) :    http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1079749#p1079749

Canso-PBY-5-A-WIP.jpg

Note: My website is in french but also in english. You don’t need to create an account to download, read carefully the instructions.
And NO, before all questions: I don’t want to publish anymore on flightsim.to.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Fantastic, its great to see someone building 'Proper' Aeroplanes... Thanks for your efforts Didier and good luck