Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Broken Mods after SU6.

13 hours ago, crazydog said:

The whole of MSFS is broken for me before and after the mod - still the program freezes as soon as I run a flight.  This happens in safe mode too.

I have searched everywhere for help, but no one seems to know the solution.  Supposedly this update was to fix this issue.  I have completely reinstalled MSFS and updated with latest.

If anyone can offer help, would be most happy.

sounds like a problem I had. It was because I over clocked my GPU. As soon as I went to default settings all was well again.

Robin

18 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Wondering if the latest C208 mod is the culprit. I added that in to Community Folder just prior. Have removed it and will try again tomorrow. In the comments over on flightsim.to for the C208 mod, people do note some changes to the fuel lever, having to start in the cut off position etc, that caused some issues for them. Might be a connection….

I loaded both the 208 and the Bonanza mods (just the Tubo mod) and just tried.  I easily started both aircraft from cold and dark.  I had the 208 in fast idle position on the conditioning lever.  I had the throttles cracked open on both.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I loaded both the 208 and the Bonanza mods (just the Tubo mod) and just tried.  I easily started both aircraft from cold and dark.  I had the 208 in fast idle position on the conditioning lever.  I had the throttles cracked open on both.

It should say/be High Idle (flight) and Low Idle (ground). Are they using fast?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

A few issues and changes after a few flights with the TBM 930 (WT 7.5): (I don't know which of these are WT issues or main SU6 issues, but this is what I see)

- (as mentioned before) The chime issue (annoying). There are several faults that can't be silenced. The parking brake is one of them. It also gets an ITT over-temp fault that can't be silenced. This overtemp itself just started happening after SU6. This happens before even turning the inertial separator on btw.

- The flight director is not working. You no longer get the magenta wing. This IS quite useful on takeoff and hopefully it gets fixed.

- The FLC (fletch mode) is semi-working. You can set a climb speed on the ground and it will use it, but when changing altitude later, when you engage FLC and change climb speed it ignores it. A work around it use VS speed until the speed drops to where you want it and then engage FLC it will hold that speed. This behavior just started with SU6 and WT 7.5.

- Not an issue, but an FYI that taxi behavior has change a lot. It now takes very little power to start to taxi and maintain taxi speed. You used to have to apply a lot thrust to get rolling.

- Also not necessarily an issue is the full flaps effect on the plane. Full flaps previously would dramatically drop the speed of the plane and you would need quite a bit of thrust to maintain speed. This effect is way less now. I don't know what is normal as I have never actually flown one. (that would be a Steveo Kinevo question ☺ )

And just generally after flying into Newark at night, the night lighting looks spectacular. I know this is subjective, but the whole night approach was beautiful.

4 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

It should say/be High Idle (flight) and Low Idle (ground). Are they using fast?

I am without any issues successful starting the 208.  I started in fast idle with the throttle cracked open and then pull the conditioning lever back to slow idle. Correct startup has the conditioning lever in the cutoff position with fuel pump boost on. I thought cutoff would keep fuel from the engine.  But here is a dedicated video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhypfrGCDM&ab_channel=SkydivePilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Has anyone tried the DA62X with the WT G 1000 NXi? Any issues? I'm away from my pc so can't test it myself.

20 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

I can't get the Robinson R44 to fly since SU6 update. It wants to roll in every direction at lift off. The Bell 47g and SH-60 both still work well.

Works fine here.  tested with the "Blue" config and the one from the previous version.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll do some investigationing

edit - well i persisted with trying to take off, and i managed to lift off quickly enough to get decent height (while going all over the place like it had super sensitive cyclic) and then suddenly the heli seemed to settle down and reset itself??

edit v2 - had to do the same for the Fred and Blue profiles. If I manage to get airbourne long enough, each profile seems to re calibrate itself. Very strange and interesting. I didn't get that with the h-60.

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1

WT G3000 mod breaks the WT CJ4 for me after Sim Update 6.  Aircraft is flyable but several of the cockpit buttons don't work.  Disabling the G3000 mod fixed all issues. 

Edited by PlumCrazy

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Has anyone tried the DA62X with the WT G 1000 NXi? Any issues? I'm away from my pc so can't test it myself.

The DA62 is broken with the mods installed.  Only the right engine can be started now.  An update will be needed.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Milviz Corsair is out of commission with SU6.  Can't start the engine now, everything else in the plane seems to work.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Milviz Corsair is out of commission with SU6.  Can't start the engine now, everything else seems to work.

Correct, but the Milviz PC6 works with the WT G1000 NXi.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

On 10/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, dogmanbird said:

I can't get the Robinson R44 to fly since SU6 update. It wants to roll in every direction at lift off. The Bell 47g and SH-60 both still work well.

Perhaps increase the dead zone for your roll axis in the controller settings. I noticed that there was a drastic change in the latest version of AirlandFS in that regard and the R44 would go scurrying across the tarmac or flop over on either side immediately after taking weight off the skids.  Haven flown it since SU6 but its not hard to envision the update resetting some of the controller settings.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

The DA62 is broken with the mods installed.  Only the right engine can be started now.  An update will be needed.

Not what it says on the mod's flightsim.to page. 

It states: "Compatability with Sim Update 6 has been confirmed"

23 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Not what it says on the mod's flightsim.to page. 

It states: "Compatability with Sim Update 6 has been confirmed"

Sometimes compatibility is only as good as the person confirming it....

• Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!