Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Runway Lights Still not fixed!?

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

No, it was brought up in one of the Q&As, they're aware of it.

Good to know. Do you, by chance, remember what they said about it?

Did they turn off the during the day in FSX without addons? I don't actually remember. It's probably part of the legacy FSX code keeping them on if that's the case.

Yes, they worked 100% correctly in FSX and before in default, so it's not a legacy problem. In fact, it's one of the things that worked fine in legacy and was broken in MSFS. By the way, the issue was pointed out to them not once during the Alpha test.

Edited by Capt Timeter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt Timeter said:

Good to know. Do you, by chance, remember what they said about it?

I don't remember. Just it wasn't as easy as it sounds or something.

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Did they turn off the during the day in FSX without addons?

Yes... there were no daytime lights in FSX.  I think the obstacle is weather... since the lights do need to be on during the day if the field is IFR.  Since the weather generation in SU7 will finally take METARs into account, I'm hoping Asobo will also incorporate that data into the airfield lighting logic and resolve this problem.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

On todays of episode: 

"Things that are not in the release notes of updates probably aren't fixed..."

An international "think tank", after 3 yrs of study, also made the same conclusion 😀

• Like 1

Voted on all 3!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Voted

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I totally understand the OP's displeasure in this (and I agree).  However, I think Asobo left the "lights on" during the day to allow inexperienced users to locate the airport easier.  It can be fairly tough irl to actually find the airport, even in the daytime.

Maybe someday they'll turn the lights off but have the ability for Pilot Controlled Lighting at uncontrolled airports.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I totally understand the OP's displeasure in this (and I agree).  However, I think Asobo left the "lights on" during the day to allow inexperienced users to locate the airport easier.  It can be fairly tough irl to actually find the airport, even in the daytime.

Maybe someday they'll turn the lights off but have the ability for Pilot Controlled Lighting at uncontrolled airports.

Like has been mentioned,put this on a realism slider.

• Like 2

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I am bothered by this as well and I hope they fix it. Spoils immersion for me by making airports too easy to find during the day.

Will vote on those links.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Or provide an Options toggle, daytime runway lights on/off.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

was disappointed to see that the runway lights are still illuminated during the day. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I wouldn't worry about the runway lights being during the day anymore.  There is so much haze now on every approach, you wont' see  the lights and or the Papi, until you are around 300 Ft AGL.

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

was disappointed to see that the runway lights are still illuminated during the day. 

And here comes the sequel: "Expecting things to be fixed that are not on the list of fixed things"....

Those threads have hundreds of votes, yet, threads with less votes get more attention from Asobo. Strange old situation. Cherry picking comes to mind. 

• Like 1