Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Cessna 172 G-1000

Same here.  Worked before, but not now.  Also, never have been able to press the HDG knob and return the hdg bug to the heading i'm on.

Roy

On 11/1/2021 at 4:54 AM, waltpop said:

In the Cessna 172 G1000, unable to switch from Nav2 to Nav1

As one data point, just tested the HDG Sync and switching between Nav1 and Nav2 in the C172 with the G1000NXi -- all works as expected. As always with something strange some type of Community folder conflict is one possibility to explore. For example, if using the G1000NXi you don't want any other G1000 mods (including by WT) in the Community folder.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

I'm using the latest update that just came out.  It was working fine before this.  No Community folder conflicts in mine. HDG button never has worked.

Roy

Edited by Roy Warren
Left something out

20 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I'm using the latest update that just came out.  It was working fine before this.  No Community folder conflicts in mine. HDG button never has worked.

Roy

It case something got corrupted, if it were me I would try deleting the G1000NXi via the Content Manager, exit the sim, and then restart the sim and reinstall the G1000XNi via the Content Manager.

Al

Edited by ark

Did all that you suggested. Still doesn't let you switch to NAV1.  Also pressing HDG button still doesn't move the bug to the radial you're flying on.

As a side note.  After I deleted the file and rebooted, it came up with the original file.  With it, it was stuck on NAV1.  Then installed the new version and restarted. No Joy.

Thanks for trying.

Roy

5 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Did all that you suggested. Still doesn't let you switch to NAV1.  Also pressing HDG button still doesn't move the bug to the radial you're flying on.

Very strange you are having these problems  -- has to be something with your system since as far as I can tell most others do not have the same issues. 

I am wondering if it could be some kind of mouse related problem, although if so I would expect it to show up with more controls than just the Nav1/Nav2 switch and Heading sync. Can you switch between Com1 and Com2, and operate the other G1000 controls and click spots (e.g., to enter an altitude or flight plan).

Does this problem show up in all your aircraft with the G1000NXi?

Are you using the Legacy Cockpit Interaction System?

When you hover your mouse over the knobs for switching Nav1/Nav2 or the Heading knob, does the cursor change from an arrow to a hand before you try to click on the knob?

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Just to confirm... you are using the G1000NXi, correct?

No G1000 mods in the Community folder, correct?

On my system, the HDG button push works, as does the NAV1/2 switch.

Do the knobs light up blue when you mouse over them?

Also, as Al asked... does the COM1/2 switch work for you?

Bert

10 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Also pressing HDG button still doesn't move the bug to the radial you're flying on

If you press the HDG button, it's not supposed to move to the radial you're flying on. It just sets it to your current heading. 

I'm using G1000Nxi 

No G1000 mods in Community folder

All Knobs  and buttons turn blue when over them  Change to orange when pressed

Don't see a Com1/2 switch in Cessna 172.  There are buttons marked Com1 and Com2.  Nothing happens when pressed.

Roy

5 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

If you press the HDG button, it's not supposed to move to the radial you're flying on. It just sets it to your current heading. 

I may have used the wrong term when I said radial.  To me the current heading I'm flying on is a radial of a 360 degree compass. It doesn't move when I press the button.

Roy

Yes.  The problem shows up in the two I use.  The Cessna 172 and the Bonanza.

I'm using the Modern, not the Legacy.

Roy

7 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Yes.  The problem shows up in the two I use.  The Cessna 172 and the Bonanza.

I'm using the Modern, not the Legacy.

Roy

Suggest you switch to the Legacy and see what happens.

Al

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Suggest you switch to the Legacy and see what happens.

Al

Same thing. Still don't work.

In Robert Young's manual for the Bonanza, he states to use Modern. That's what was the default when I installed the sim and I have never changed it,  Going to change back.

Roy