Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS - quick first steps (video)

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

My AIG Air Traffic Control app keeps crashing after awhile of sitting the airport and plane spotting. Anyone know what could be causing it to do this? I constantly have to load the app back up again after it crashes.

I notice that it usually crashes when there seems to be any sort of activity of the planes, such as planes about to land or taxi.

I'd report this to the AIG guys in their forum. They need this sort of info right now.

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

5 hours ago, Bad_T said:

Very long shot and probably won't help but i had the same problem while alpha-testing.

It turned out i had desactivated my navigraph navdata addons to test without any external addons. Since navigraph navdata disables the default navdata that comes with the sim, having navigraph disabled meant that my sim had no navigational data and the resulted in AIG injecting only parked aircraft and nothing 'enroute' probably because, to spawn enroute AI, navigational data is needed.

Oh well just an idea, there are not many chances you have done that too 🙈, but well maybe.....

Thank you for the video koala bear. 🤠

AIG OIC is not a lot of work compared to doing it manually, like we had to do before all of this, before World of AI, before the electric light...

I remember having fits trying to find a Let410 model.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just a heads up, anyone doing the full install (all flighplans) you might wanna backup the file afterwards, it takes forever! 6 Hour in here.....

How much disk space is a full install taking up? I just did three airlines and it was 1gb. 

8 minutes ago, desbean said:

How much disk space is a full install taking up? I just did three airlines and it was 1gb. 

I believe with all 1100+ flight plans installed, it should roughly take up about 25-30GB? But once AIG starts adding in more models, it will grow in size. I think with P3D it was around 50+ GB.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, DylanM said:

Did you try adding the "-MSFS2020" to the shortcut for the controller? And running the app as an administrator? 

Can you also set this for the AIG Manager as well and if yes, could you show me how to setup the shortcut to load up with MSFS as the default choice?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 minutes ago, desbean said:

I did all ~1200 airlines / flightplans and it is about 25.7GB.

One issue I have found is that restarting AI Manager is taking hours - stuck on this screen (not sure if it's a bug, or normal because I had selected "slow" mode when prompted)

fj510Qu.jpg

Edited by DylanM

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Can you also set this for the AIG Manager as well and if yes, could you show me how to setup the shortcut to load up with MSFS as the default choice?

I didn't have to set it for the AI Manager - the instruction to set this flag were just for the traffic controller (it was on Page 4 of the included manual in the install directory).

Here's what my target looks like in the shortcut: [path]\AIG_TrafficController\AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe" -MSFS2020

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I believe with all 1100+ flight plans installed, it should roughly take up about 25-30GB? But once AIG starts adding in more models, it will grow in size. I think with P3D it was around 50+ GB.

Thanks! Not as bad as I thought but I am sort of wishing I had gotten the 2TB SSD for MSFS instead of the 1TB.

Just use MSFS Addons Linker, then you can store whatever addons where ever you wish.

44 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Just use MSFS Addons Linker, then you can store whatever addons where ever you wish.

Including AIG? if so would the paths in AIG Mgr & Traffic Control need to be changed to my addons folder?

28 minutes ago, desbean said:

Including AIG? if so would the paths in AIG Mgr & Traffic Control need to be changed to my addons folder?

No, the AIG Manager and Traffic Control can be stored where ever. I was referring to the 'aig-aitraffic-oci-beta' folder that's in your community folder. That can be be stored anywhere, and linked to usingMSFS Addons Linker.

Edited by captain420

33 minutes ago, captain420 said:

No, the AIG Manager and Traffic Control can be stored where ever. I was referring to the 'aig-aitraffic-oci-beta' folder that's in your community folder. That can be be stored anywhere, and linked to usingMSFS Addons Linker.

But do the paths to "aig-aitraffiv-oci-beta" inside the AIG Manager & Traffic control programs need to be changed to point to the addons folder?

Edited by desbean

39 minutes ago, desbean said:

But do the paths to "aig-aitraffiv-oci-beta" inside the AIG Manager & Traffic control programs need to be changed to point to the addons folder?

No, those can stay the same

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DylanM said:

I did all ~1200 airlines / flightplans and it is about 25.7GB.

One issue I have found is that restarting AI Manager is taking hours - stuck on this screen (not sure if it's a bug, or normal because I had selected "slow" mode when prompted)

fj510Qu.jpg

Mine takes ages to load as well and I didn't choose the slow option (I have 32gb RAM so no need). But not hours, just a fair few minutes.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Please help

I downloaded AI Manager, ran the exe as administrator, but when I start the .exe it says that an update needs to be done ("AI Manager will now be automatically updated"). Then the command prompt comes out, a lot of files from the folder where I extracted the zip file are wiped out, and when I launch the exe it doesn't start.

EDIT: the fault was of AVG Antivirus! It somehow prevented the upgrade to work properly

Edited by Nimic