Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS - quick first steps (video)

when installing an airline you can go to configure "to select different variations". In the configuration page how do you select or deselect repaints?

@Bad_T, thanks for the video! Got me up and running in no time, and didn't have to refer to the PDF's that came with the programs.

All I had to do was watch what you did, pause the video, do the same on my end, unpause the video until I see the next step, pause again, do the same, etc, etc, etc.

Much appreciated!

...jim

• Like 4

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I've so far installed two airlines (Aer Lingus and Ryanair) but I can only see them parked on the ground at EIDW where I tested when I set 'ground traffic density' above 0 (even though I know it should be at 0 which shows no AIG parked aircraft). The parked aircraft appear in the Traffic Controller map. However, I cannot seen any traffic either departing or landing or enroute (whether I set ground traffic to 0 or higher).

I have my AI set to 'off' and followed the tutorial video (and the written version). It seems that somehow the AIG addon is partly working as it injects 'parked' static aircraft but bizarrely nothing moves. Also when I change the time of day and year, the parked 'static' aircraft do not change position and I still have no traffic departing or arriving. 

Does anyone have any idea why I have only parked aircraft (from AIG) and nothing moving?

1 hour ago, DylanM said:

but am getting a prompt when loading the manager that the default traffic file is still active - any harm in leaving it (don't want core files changed). Also is there a flag to re-enable the default traffic file? 

I too would like to know this.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Good grief this is hard work!

It is somewhat, if you want to have rock star AI! Otherwise wait for Aerosoft's solution that releases on 11/15.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Good grief this is hard work!

It can be hard if you accidently miss something or make a miss-step, but when you finish and complete it, it is well worth time spent!!!

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

8 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

It can be hard if you accidently miss something or make a miss-step, but when you finish and complete it, it is well worth time spent!!!

What happens after the next Asobo update, that is what I wonder about. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Does anyone have any idea why I have only parked aircraft (from AIG) and nothing moving?

Very long shot and probably won't help but i had the same problem while alpha-testing.

It turned out i had desactivated my navigraph navdata addons to test without any external addons. Since navigraph navdata disables the default navdata that comes with the sim, having navigraph disabled meant that my sim had no navigational data and the resulted in AIG injecting only parked aircraft and nothing 'enroute' probably because, to spawn enroute AI, navigational data is needed.

Oh well just an idea, there are not many chances you have done that too 🙈, but well maybe.....

Edited by Bad_T

1 minute ago, Bad_T said:
1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Very long shot and probably won't help but i had the same problem while alpha-testing.

It turns out i had desactivated my navigraph navdata addons to test without any external addons.

Unfortunately that's not it as I don't have any Navigraph addons installed. It's really bizzare. I went through all the steps again and still have the same...only parked aircraft and no movement at all😔 Really confused at what I could be doing wrong

Just a heads up, anyone doing the full install (all flighplans) you might wanna backup the file afterwards, it takes forever! 6 Hour in here.....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just a heads up, anyone doing the full install (all flighplans) you might wanna backup the file afterwards, it takes forever! 6 Hour in here.....

Good advice, 

several zips later,the odd hang and restart of the AI manager too - it’s hardly OCI

Work in progress though obviously - and free 👍😀

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Just finished installing all the flightplans. Well, all but 87 of them, which require manual intervention, but even that is easy, just time consuming. I did them in two batches of about 600 each. Used the OCI bulk thing with skip enabled. Took about 6 hours.

Now to do the tedious manual bits. 😉

Oh, and it is working just fine with Addon Linker.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

My AIG Air Traffic Control app keeps crashing after awhile of sitting the airport and plane spotting. Anyone know what could be causing it to do this? I constantly have to load the app back up again after it crashes.

I notice that it usually crashes when there seems to be any sort of activity of the planes, such as planes about to land or taxi.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

My AIG Air Traffic Control app keeps crashing after awhile of sitting the airport and plane spotting. Anyone know what could be causing it to do this? I constantly have to load the app back up again after it crashes.

I notice that it usually crashes when there seems to be any sort of activity of the planes, such as planes about to land or taxi.

Did you try adding the "-MSFS2020" to the shortcut for the controller? And running the app as an administrator? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Did you try adding the "-MSFS2020" to the shortcut for the controller? And running the app as an administrator? 

No I didn't add -MSFS2020 to the executable's shortcut. And yes the app is already automatically set to run in admin mode. 

I manually select MSFS2020 each time I start the app though.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU