Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Uninstall AIG

As my performance dropped dramatically after I installed AIG, I would like to uninstall it but I cannot find an uninstall option in either Control Panel or in AIG's folders. Searching on AIG's forum didn't lead to success either. Can any of you tell me how I can safely uninstall AIG and get the "AI Aircraft Traffic Density" in the Traffic settings of MSFS2020 back again?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Just now, hvw said:

As my performance dropped dramatically after I installed AIG, I would like to uninstall it but I cannot find an uninstall option in either Control Panel or in AIG's folders. Searching on AIG's forum didn't lead to success either. Can any of you tell me how I can safely uninstall AIG and get the "AI Aircraft Traffic Density" in the Traffic settings of MSFS2020 back again?

Thanks a lot,

Move it out of the community folder and re-enable MSFS settings.  Pretty simple like any other MSFS mod but not sure why you are seeing a dramatic performance drop.  Not something others are reporting

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 minutes ago, psolk said:

Move it out of the community folder and re-enable MSFS settings.  Pretty simple like any other MSFS mod but not sure why you are seeing a dramatic performance drop.  Not something others are reporting

Thanks, I don't know why my fps went from 40 to ~5 either, but it made me decide to uninstall AIG.

Edited by hvw
Typo

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

3 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thanks, I don't know why my fps went from 40 to ~5 either, but it made me decide to uninstall AIG.

Definitely something off there.  At least you can uninstall now but I wouldn't give up, it is well worth it in the end!  Maybe try a fresh install?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

3 minutes ago, psolk said:

Definitely something off there.  At least you can uninstall now but I wouldn't give up, it is well worth it in the end!  Maybe try a fresh install?  

Sure I won't give up. I was an avid AIG user in P3D and FSX, so I would love to see it working in FS2020 as well. Thanks for you help, Paul.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Maybe troubleshoot the issue and use the support boards before just removing it? Maybe it’s something the devs can help with.

You shouldn’t get any noticeable FPS drops except when you first load the app and all the planes are loading in. Once they’ve finished loading the FPS should stabilize.

What are your specs?

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Maybe troubleshoot the issue and use the support boards before just removing it? Maybe it’s something the devs can help with.

You shouldn’t get any noticeable FPS drops except when you first load the app and all the planes are loading in.

Yes, I will troubleshoot this issue, I will first do a clean install again and if I then again run into this issue, I'll go to the support boards. Thanks Tuskin38

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 hour ago, hvw said:

You also need to delete the contents of the folder where you installed the AIG programs. Especially if you decide to try to reinstall.

Edited by desbean

25 minutes ago, desbean said:

You also need to delete the contents of the folder where you installed the AIG programs. Especially if you decide to try to reinstall.

Thanks, I already did that. After reinstall all is working fine again.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

After performing a clean re-install all is working fine again. No performance degradation at all. Unfortunately I couldn't pinpoint what caused the issue. 

• Like 2

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

49 minutes ago, hvw said:

After performing a clean re-install all is working fine again. No performance degradation at all. Unfortunately I couldn't pinpoint what caused the issue. 

Great to hear!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

4 hours ago, psolk said:

Move it out of the community folder and re-enable MSFS settings.

The default traffic file will need to be reenabled as well, if it was disabled with the AIG manager setup. Is there a flag somewhere to restore that?

And don't worry about the registry update - it's just this:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled (Type: REG_DWORD) must exist and be set to 1. 

Getting prepped in advance of next week's update so that SU7 has a fairly vanilla base to install over... 

Edited by DylanM
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, DylanM said:

The default traffic file will need to be reenabled as well, if it was disabled with the AIG manager setup. Is there a flag somewhere to restore that?

Found the answer so replying here for anyone who needs:

It renames trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff in the …\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic folder

To re-enable the default traffic, you remove .aigoff from the bgl file.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Found the answer so replying here for anyone who needs:

It renames trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff in the …\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic folder

To re-enable the default traffic, you remove .aigoff from the bgl file.

Thanks for your efforts.

Perhaps Kai should add this to the accompanying documentation as well.

Edited by hvw
Additional info.
  • Upvote 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

35 minutes ago, DylanM said:

I am still hesitant to cope with AIG, but couldn't such renaming in the Official folder incur issues like loops during future MSFS updates?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11