Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Uninstall AIG

31 minutes ago, pmb said:

I am still hesitant to cope with AIG, but couldn't such renaming in the Official folder incur issues like loops during future MSFS updates?

Kind regards, Michael

That's what I was worried about, especially as the MSFS installer could be sensitive to changes to any sim files. I just said clicked "no" in the AIG Manager dialog that asks to disable the default traffic file, and manually set the traffic level to 0 in the sim.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am still hesitant to cope with AIG, but couldn't such renaming in the Official folder incur issues like loops during future MSFS updates?

Kind regards, Michael

All is working fine for me after this "uninstall". I didn't rename anything. Knowing AIG from P3D and FSX I just couldn't resist and installed it in MSFS although AIG is still in beta. I think what I omitted in the first attempt to install, was to create a desktop shortcut (as described per the accompanying tutorial).
If you follow the steps described in this link and keep an eye on the tutorial, you should be 100% good to go. 

Don't watch the video, it'll drive you nuts. Follow the steps in the text 🙂 

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

It did not rename anything for me, the file is still named "trafficAircraft.bgl". And AIG works perfectly.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

It did not rename anything for me, the file is still named "trafficAircraft.bgl". And AIG works perfectly.

Obvisouly, as you did the same as @DylanM suggests above.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

48 minutes ago, hvw said:

All is working fine for me after this "uninstall". I didn't rename anything. Knowing AIG from P3D and FSX I just couldn't resist and installed it in MSFS although AIG is still in beta. I think what I omitted in the first attempt to install, was to create a desktop shortcut (as described per the accompanying tutorial).
If you follow the steps described in this link and keep an eye on the tutorial, you should be 100% good to go. 

Don't watch the video, it'll drive you nuts. Follow the steps in the text 🙂 

I though the video did the trick rather well.

2 minutes ago, diajohn said:

I though the video did the trick rather well.

It was too fast for me :). But the transcript below that video is excellent, albeit that an important item was ommitted in it. I.e. to create a desktop shortcut and add -MSFS2020 to the command line

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hi guys, I decided I'm going to do a delete and clean install from MSFS 2020 as AIG is causing crashes and extreme performance degradation. I've loaded the game without AIG at KORD and had between 40 and 50 FPS and then tried with AIG loaded and I get between 15-25 FPS that don't stabilize for the duration of the flight. In some cases when swinging the freecam the picture freezes and the sim crashes. The app itself sometimes crashes by itself in the background and I notice the frames improve, then when I check the Traffic Controller I can see it's not there and has crashed. I'm not sure why this is the case but I'd like to delete and try and see if it improves things as I absolutely love the app, it raises the immersion greatly.

One question I have - I take it I'll lose all my downloaded airlines from the app and will need to re-download all of them, or are they saved somewhere? 

Any help would be appreciated,

many thanks

ED

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

9 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Hi guys, I decided I'm going to do a delete and clean install from MSFS 2020 as AIG is causing crashes and extreme performance degradation. I've loaded the game without AIG at KORD and had between 40 and 50 FPS and then tried with AIG loaded and I get between 15-25 FPS that don't stabilize for the duration of the flight. In some cases when swinging the freecam the picture freezes and the sim crashes. The app itself sometimes crashes by itself in the background and I notice the frames improve, then when I check the Traffic Controller I can see it's not there and has crashed. I'm not sure why this is the case but I'd like to delete and try and see if it improves things as I absolutely love the app, it raises the immersion greatly.

One question I have - I take it I'll lose all my downloaded airlines from the app and will need to re-download all of them, or are they saved somewhere? 

Any help would be appreciated,

many thanks

ED

Did you follow the video step by step? I did and I have no issues at all with AIG and WU7, but I only downloaded 55 airlines. I was going to download a few more but the server went down and they are still down until further notice.

I recommend that you back up the three main folders. Where did you install your AIG files?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

24 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Did you follow the video step by step? I did and I have no issues at all with AIG and WU7, but I only downloaded 55 airlines. I was going to download a few more but the server went down and they are still down until further notice.

I recommend that you back up the three main folders. Where did you install your AIG files?

Hi Jose, yeah the video was a great help, no issues with install or setup. In fact the app was running fine for a few weeks and then the problems just started out of the blue. One thing I noticed is that ı've downloaded close to 100 flight plans, a lot of which I don't really need. I don2t know if that's causing the issue or not but before I do the clean install I'm going to strip the plans back a bit and see if that changes anything. I'm apprehensive to do the clean install right now as I'm aware of the server issues. My AIG files are stored on a 1TB SSD (AIG Manager 1.1, AIG Traffic Controller, AIG Traffic OCI Beta), will I need to delete these out of the SSD also yes?

Thanks for the quick response too, Jose

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

3 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Hi Jose, yeah the video was a great help, no issues with install or setup. In fact the app was running fine for a few weeks and then the problems just started out of the blue. One thing I noticed is that ı've downloaded close to 100 flight plans, a lot of which I don't really need. I don2t know if that's causing the issue or not but before I do the clean install I'm going to strip the plans back a bit and see if that changes anything. I'm apprehensive to do the clean install right now as I'm aware of the server issues. My AIG files are stored on a 1TB SSD (AIG Manager 1.1, AIG Traffic Controller, AIG Traffic OCI Beta), will I need to delete these out of the SSD also yes?

Thanks for the quick response too, Jose

Back up the three main folders first, just in case.

Then you can proceed to manually delete some of the flight plans. Choose only the Airlines that you really want that fly to the airports that you prefer. I would try 10 at a time and see if that fixes the issue. Hope that helps.

Unless you are going to do a full clean install of win 10 & mdfs, I would stay put as you stated. I do not think it's necessary to start from scratch since AIG is still a WIP + the servers are down.

PM me if you need further help.

I did notice that in my community folder there is a file "aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_"

When I load into the sim and go to my content manager it says this file isn't installed. Could this be the issue? 

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Back up the three main folders first, just in case.

Then you can proceed to manually delete some of the flight plans. Choose only the Airlines that you really want that fly to the airports that you prefer. I would try 10 at a time and see if that fixes the issue. Hope that helps.

Unless you are going to do a full clean install of win 10 & mdfs, I would stay put as you stated. I do not think it's necessary to start from scratch since AIG is still a WIP + the servers are down.

PM me if you need further help.

I really appreciate it, Jose. I'll delete some plans for now and see how it goes. The CVT file issue has raised an eyebrow though, I don't know why it says its not installed inside the sim.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I did notice that in my community folder there is a file "aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_"

When I load into the sim and go to my content manager it says this file isn't installed. Could this be the issue? 

Don't worry about the CVT folder. MSFS will create a new one every time you load the sim with the AIG in the Community folder. Delete it for now.

Then after you MANUALLY delete some airline flighplan files. Let MSFS create a new one.

Edited by DJJose

You could also just reduce the traffic percentage in AIGTC so that you aren't getting as much traffic and will maintain performance. Another option would be to switch to realtime traffic from the sim using the AIG aircraft and just not run AIGTC at all until AIG comes back online with a fix. 

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Don't worry about the CVT folder. MSFS will create a new one every time you load the sim with the AIG in the Community folder. Delete it for now.

Then after you MANUALLY delete some airline flighplan files. Let MSFS create a new one.

I got distracted when I was reading your reply and delted the CVT file from the comm folder, is there a way to replace that? Thanks, Jose.