Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

So.. Asobo fires the Beta testing team, knowing there are a plethora of bugs that need to be ironed out.

.. and then decides to launch the SU7 update WITH the bugs anyway, and promising not to deliver any new update until next year. Support tickets are met with "yes we know it's broken" with no promises of fixing it.

What they do deliver is lots of arcade like stuff like air racing, a few planes, all settings reverted to the Easy mode, HUDS here there and everywhere including when you're in the actual cockpit. And a broken TrackIR which coincidentally would be the most useful addon for air racing. 

... and all with the expectation we will buy those extra packages with all those new planes from the Marketplace, priced higher than the original price of the sim was.

SU6 was a good update. The sim was the best it has ever been. SU7 is a complete and utter disaster. 

I am disappointed. 

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I'm getting continued CTD's with the CJ4 12.9 and SU7.  Been like it from SU5.

I don't think I'll ever cure these.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

39 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

As you've just discovered

NEVER EVER VERIFY FILE INTEGRITY FOR STEAM MSFS VERSION. IT WILL CAUSE A COMPLETE REINSTALL EVERY TIME!

Nope, verify file integrity still breaks it and next start you'll be presented with a complete reinstall. So let me repeat:

NEVER EVER VERIFY FILE INTEGRITY FOR STEAM MSFS VERSION. IT WILL CAUSE A COMPLETE REINSTALL EVERY TIME!

Right! Thanks for letting me know, and in caps and bold even better. The funny thing is that a user right here in avsim wrote that he solved the problem like that...but ok, for me didnt work.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

and, just to add a new issue which I have never seen before . . .  my World Map . .  doesn't have a yellow "Fly Now" any more. (sigh)

Anyone?

• Upvote 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

3 minutes ago, Paul J said:

and, just to add a new issue which I have never seen before . . .  my World Map . .  doesn't have a yellow "Fly Now" any more. (sigh)

Anyone?

Ouch... that's a new one. I don't have that problem and I haven't heard about it before. Right now SU7 only has 2 problems left (for me anyway):

- MSFS now stutters every 20 to 30 seconds or so. It's more a mini-pause than a stutter. Highly annoying. Up to npw MSFS was butter smooth on my new PC with official G-Sync monitor.

- TrackIR needs a work around (but I got used to that already)

Everything is quite okay here by now (apart from a little FBW A320 problem but that's not Asobo's fault)... but that stutter is really bad...

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Anyone?

That's weird. I don't know the solution, but when people couldn't move the World Map they had to reset the mouse controller settings.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

41 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

I'm getting continued CTD's with the CJ4 12.9 and SU7.  Been like it from SU5.

I don't think I'll ever cure these.

Stu

Run the following commands…

Go through each of the following steps one at a time. Copy each line, one at a time , paste it into the Dos window (crtl + V) and press return

and it will then run. Wait until each runs and finishes before you move on to the next one.

When you are completely finished, Restart your computer and then try to see in MS2020 will start and run properly

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

RESTART your computer as the last step. Then go for a test flight.

If that does not resolve the CTD issue/s then follow…

• Upvote 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3527/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

22 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I’m away on vacation so I haven’t updated yet but this sounds devastating to me. I won’t fly without TrackIR. After using it for years it would be impossible to fly without it. Hearing of this has me worried I’ll also have to shelve MSFS because it’s so engrained in my flight sim experience. I really hope they release a hotfix, but it appears Asobo knew and just released the update anyways.

yikes. 

If you are still (lucky!) on SU6...you are gold...  Turn off your modem....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Anyone?

Did you select a departure airport?

Bert

Thanks, Republic, but yeah - I did the "mouse to default" 'enhancement', and that allowed for the left button to rotate the world, but it didn't bring back the Fly thing .... All other "Easy" settings are back where they oughta be, and everything esle seems "ok", but I do need this yellow thing ... 

Crossed posts, Bert - but - yes - NP - KORD to Meigs as a usual quick test (done using the mouse wheel rotation.. grrr)

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

22 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

I am not sure if it's just me, or it was always like that and i never noticed but.. those kind of pixellated effect on the edges of the clouds, has it always been there?

Nope...my cloud wisps and tendrils in SU6 were great...now...pixilated as yours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sal9000 said:

Looks like a Plane from the Flintstones 🤣

New meaning to 'just hanging out'.  Where's the beer missing in his hand?  I'd have one...

I'll be darned! I've just looked at the world screen - it's been untouched for about five minutes - and it's there now.  In between posts I dumped the Community folder and restarted it but didn't check.to see if this might be the cause. . .  Duh.. Sorry for wasting your time - but many thanks for the assistance. Moral support is sometimes needed and appreciated! 

But Meigs isn't! I had Meigs in there as an addon.   Maybe. . . . .  I'll re-add it and see what happens..

Edited by Paul J

10 hours ago, ega said:

Bert,

What were your findings on Bonanza´s RY mod? Does it work OK?

Thanks

It is OK, once you have your controllers reset etc, but I am struggling a bit with autopilot stability.

Bert