Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

ENSURE - in Controller Assignments that you have “Toggle Head Tracking” assigned

I found it tonight and it works.  Thanks......

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I got the message "you are missing packages that are essential to run microsoft flight simulator" after the update, after already running the simulator 3 times, verified the integrity of the files via steam and now...spacer.png

110gb of updates lol omg im missing x-plane so much

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

When the sim loads and I'm in the cockpit. The ATC menu/bar is visible and I can't turn it off, neither from the X nor from the dropdown menu: The ATC bar also can't be moved. 

The ShiftZStats  app from Ambitious Pilots will prevent the HUD gauges from showing up in External View (Chase view). It was good to go before the GOTY update.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Alvega said:

Strange, I and lots of others are using it without TrackIR.

Using the sim without Track IR is like using the sim without a joystick or or yoke and controlling your flight using a keyboard. Seriously, it is that level. You are not using it only because you have never tried it. Track IR (or a similar product) is as important as having a joystick.

• Like 8

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 minute ago, RaptyrOne said:

Using the sim without Track IR is like using the sim without a joystick or or yoke and controlling your flight using a keyboard. Seriously, it is that level. You are not using it only because you have never tried it. Track IR (or a similar product) is as important as having a joystick.

Lol, don't be ridiculous. Read the other posts, I had a TrackIR and sold it because I didn't like flying with it. Just because you like it everyone has to? Some people...

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, MrSpeaker said:

In my camera settings the trackir tab is off, I can't slide it to turn on. My trackir software is on and got all the lights displaying. Anyone see this ?

It won't toggle on unless you've unpaused your TrackIR. F9 by default.

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

25 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Some people...

Play nicely now Alvega. Personally targeted sarcasm and insults are not accepted. You find it “strange” that that you can play just fine without Track IR when those countless people that do say it’s broken after SU7 and that this is a game breaker.

Nothing strange about it. 

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The hat switch for fluid looking around, like you do in a real aircraft, is worthless. 

Never had an issue with it. In my many years of simming I can pan around perfectly with it

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

6 hours ago, odourboy said:

Happy for you. And I don't use VR, so the heck with those guys too, right?

My point was people overreacting saying the sim is unplayable at this point without TrackIR...

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

Or....

Change temporarily to mouse profile Default and then click Assigned and then Expand to see on the screen all of the default mappings (bindings). Take a screen shot for reference.

Then change back to your normally used mouse profile and start changing the mappings (bindings) to be more like the the default bindings one by one for testing. This way you end up with all the desirable changes you made in the normal profile to still be in effect, only now the world map will spin.

I suggest what you need to do is the opposite of the above. Make a copy of the default mouse profile using the profile Preset Manager, name the copy whatever you want, and then modify the default mouse copy to fit your needs by adding or deleting bindings. 

As an experiment I made a copy of the default mouse profile and then started deleting the entries in an attempt to see what was enabling rotation of the World Map. Long story short, to my surprise I ended up deleting all the entries and after restarting the sim I could still rotate the World Map using the empty copy of the default mouse profile. So it seems that it is not the particular entries in the profile that is the issue as far as the World Map is concerned, but rather some hidden attribute associated with the selection of the default mouse profile. 

So I ended up modifying a copy of the default mouse profile to fit my needs and the World Map is rotatable once again.  🙂

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

Or....

Change temporarily to mouse profile Default and then click Assigned and then Expand to see on the screen all of the default mappings (bindings). Take a screen shot for reference.

Then change back to your normally used mouse profile and start changing the mappings (bindings) to be more like the the default bindings one by one for testing. This way you end up with all the desirable changes you made in the normal profile to still be in effect, only now the world map will spin.

8 minutes ago, ark said:

I suggest what you need to do is the opposite of the above. Make a copy of the default mouse profile using the profile manager, name the copy whatever you want and then modify the default mouse copy to fit your needs by adding or deleting bindings. 

As an experiment I made a copy of the default mouse profile and then started deleting the entries in an attempt to see what was enabling rotation of the World Map. Long story short, I ended up deleting all the entries and after restarting the sim I could still rotate the World Map using the empty copy of the default mouse profile. So it seems that it is not the particular entries in the profile that is the issue as far as the World Map is concerned, but rather some hidden attribute associated with the default mouse profile. 

So I ended up modifying a copy of the default mouse profile to fit my needs and the World Map is rotatable once again.  🙂

Al

Third solution, change the mappings to default in the main menu then change them back in flight

I still can't reliably see my friend's aircraft 😞 we have to try so many different settings and then it works but then it doesn't. he can see me, I can't see him. I can see him, he can't see me. Group or no group, all players or group only - we've gotten it to work and not work under similar settings *sigh*

Also you still can't wingtip formation fly? At least, taxiing on the ground if you go within a few feet the aircraft still ghosts out. Thought they made this not happen because of Reno

Edited by Gaiiden

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

verified the integrity of the files via steam and now...

Never do that with MSFS on Steam if you downloaded the files to the default directory. If you install them to custom directory I believe it's fine.

Since Steam isn't the one that downloaded the files, it sees them as foreign to the directory and removes them during verification.

Edited by Tuskin38

18 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Third solution, change the mappings to default in the main menu then change them back in flight

I haven't tried that but it sounds like it would work. I guess the drawback to that approach is you would have to do that every flight. And the next time the sim loads you would have to switch back to the default mouse profile to use the World Map unless you switch back to the default profile at the end of a flight because the sim will store the last profile selected.

Al

Edited by ark