Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

I just did a test flight in the Cessna and lost all rudder control after landing so couldn't taxi. The rudder just flutters and then returns to neutral even when trying to hold full left or right.

Thought it was the assistance settings which I had to turn off mid-flight as it was doing weird things to the controls but they were all off by the time I'd landed. Strange.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

50 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I agree 100%.

It's like someone suddenly put a medical neck brace on you. Now go fly. Sim is really not the same without a working TrackIR. For me the sim is useless now. I need to be able to look at the avionics stack, pause the TrackIR and tune the radios and then resume. Not have it snap back to central view, or not letting me turn it on without going through the camera window.

Guessing you don’t have a hat switch? Been simming 20+ years and have never wanted TrackIR even in combat sims. I just use the hat switch 

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

TrackIR is working fine my end, just did a flight and all was well.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

31 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Strange, I and lots of others are using it without TrackIR.

You're missing out then. 🙂

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Guessing you don’t have a hat switch? Been simming 20+ years and have never wanted TrackIR even in combat sims. I just use the hat switch 

I thought the same thing until I tried TrackIR. It’s like you’re literally in the cockpit. It’s utterly useless to go back. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I know, my point is MSFS is not unusable without it. You can use it without TrackIR until they fix it.

And my point is they would have to have their  heads up their  butts, before releasing this update, to think there wasn't a problem with it. Now we have to put up with this feature they broke for a month or two, until they can get around to fixing it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Guessing you don’t have a hat switch?

Look folks, everyone has their preferred way of using the sim. If a feature no longer works that ruins the experience for them, than that's what it does.  For others the loss of that feature may be of little consequence -- that's certainly understandable. I see in these forums all the time how such and such has "ruined the immersion". I usually don't see it that way, but that's me, not them.

If someone doesn't like pizza, then they don't like pizza (as hard as it is for me to understand that)!  😉

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

You're missing out then. 🙂

Flying without track IR is like driving your car with your head in one of  those neck braces forcing you to look straight ahead. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, rjquick said:

Also, the G1000 NXi is messed up and I do not see an update available for it yet.

An update was announced.. should be in the Marketplace/Content Manager.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

16 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

I've been using TrackIR since the FSX days of 2006. 

If you're happy without it, good for you.

• Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

20 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I just did a test flight in the Cessna and lost all rudder control after landing so couldn't taxi. The rudder just flutters and then returns to neutral even when trying to hold full left or right.

Thought it was the assistance settings which I had to turn off mid-flight as it was doing weird things to the controls but they were all off by the time I'd landed. Strange.

Hope someone finds a solution.. several folks are reporting ground handling issues..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Well, after Asobo has stirred the pot again, we can look forward for a couple of weeks of work to find performance tweaks and workarounds for bugs as usual  😟

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

The hat switch for fluid looking around, like you do in a real aircraft, is worthless. 

• Like 2

Well post update I flew a TBM flight and amazingly, nothing new broke in my TBM this time.  However, I'm getting no cockpit when loading up the Caravan (both DX 11 & 12, default or custom liveries).  Removed the improvement mod to see if that works.  Anybody else having issues with the Caravan? 

Update: Looks like the improvement mod may need some updating.  

Edited by Little Jenny

Can’t test until after work, but are some of these problems being caused by the sim saving controller bindings but also trying to revert to default? Sounds like their might be some bindings which are doubled up?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea