Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How does one turn off ATC reading ATIS?

If it is the repeating ATIS message bug, pressing "1" usually gets rid of it.  But occasionally that doesn't work, then you may have to turn radio volume to off. 

I am not sure if it's just me, or it was always like that and i never noticed but.. those kind of pixellated effect on the edges of the clouds, has it always been there?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

21 minutes ago, Manny said:

They messed up a lot of things... Sheesh! We cannot save our profiles and they have to mess it up at that.

Now I forgot what I had setup...

my walk around/View doesn't work. I had removed the Guages from the Screen.. Now its back on. I forgot how I got rid of it.

What else is gotten reset!  

Go into your Assistance menu and select everything in there to hard or off

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

Just reset the mouse control profile to default, that worked for me.

Do you know what setting in particular controls the world map rotation? For other reasons just setting the mouse profile to Default is not the best for me.

Thx,

Al

Sun is now hidden behind the clouds but the reflections are still there.

And clouds were not impacting fps before SU7 but now have a slight bad impacton performance.

Edited by kt069
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Do you know what setting in particular controls the world map rotation? For other reasons just setting the mouse profile to Default is not the best for me.

Thx,

Al

MS suggests these two options only as of now:

World Map:

Using a mouse with a custom profile will not allow you to pan across the world map. Revert your mouse to the default profile as a workaround, or rebuild a custom profile from the default mapping.

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

42 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

For the vast majority of players it's not a game breaking bug which is no doubt why MS decided to release the patch. The suggest workaround seems to work for other players so it appears you are unfortunate. Yes it sucks for you but realistically MS aren't going to pull a patch because what appears to be a minute portion of the players has issues.

Many people use Track IR, what are you talking about? 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Go into your Assistance menu and select everything in there to hard or off

I did that already! 

I forget Everything How to setup.. I am so mad, I am going to get off and comeback again..

I just got my Videp CARD I am so angry to install that thing too,  

What a Piece ofword not allowed!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

RY's Turbo G36 now (for me) almost uncontrollable in takeoff roll.  Also, ground steering response totally borked.  I deleted and recreated my controller settings to no avail.  Initially, taxi required almost full right rudder - when throttle closed, it still required almost full right rudder (which shouldn't happen when no power is being replied).

Expecting major torque on takeoff, but now I needed almost full left rudder!  Then, even that wasn't enough and she began to drift to right.  Reached rotation speed and pulling the stick back gave me no response - I eventually lifted off with the stick almost in my crotch.

Now airborne and she's responding normally...

Randall Rocke

8 minutes ago, kt069 said:

And clouds were not impacting fps before SU7 but now have a slight bad impacton performance.

Quite a heavy performance impact now actually… must be the new weather system. Looks 100% better though. 

47 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

report on Zendesk.

This was already reported in Beta so it's pointless sending a Zendesk ticket...

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, RandallR said:

RY's Turbo G36 now (for me) almost uncontrollable in takeoff roll.  Also, ground steering response totally borked.  I deleted and recreated my controller settings to no avail.  Initially, taxi required almost full right rudder - when throttle closed, it still required almost full right rudder (which shouldn't happen when no power is being replied).

Expecting major torque on takeoff, but now I needed almost full left rudder!  Then, even that wasn't enough and she began to drift to right.  Reached rotation speed and pulling the stick back gave me no response - I eventually lifted off with the stick almost in my crotch.

Now airborne and she's responding normally...

I had to pull joystick almost all the way back to get DC6 to rotate,  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, RandallR said:

RY's Turbo G36 now (for me) almost uncontrollable in takeoff roll. 

Hmm, still downloading.. but that is my favorite plane.. 🤫

• Like 1

Bert

Finally got through turning off all the 'assistance' stuff. Had to figure out where all that was again. Now I am noticing that something with the graphics is off. The cockpit display is definitely degraded. I have to zoom much farther in to read anything. Clouds also look horrible. Went to the graphics settings and nothing is jumping out as being way out. Anti-alias is at the best setting. The others are high or ultra. The settings seem to be where they were before. Is anyone else noticing a degradation is visual quality? Also, the G1000 NXi is messed up and I do not see an update available for it yet. You can't select anything in the flight plan or procedures. The highlight function is not working. SU7 is not starting out well IMO. SU6 was such a nice update and everything was looking great IMO.

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Many people use Track IR, what are you talking about? 

Seriously. It’s a giant bug. And for Asobo to apparently know of the issue and not fix it is pretty upsetting. Every person I know uses TrackIR as it’s one of the most immersive ways to use this software. I’m hoping it’s one of the things to be addressed in a hotfix, because MSFS is unusable without it. 

• Like 10