Sign in to follow this  
webranger

What works...what doesn't?

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Does it work like trackIR? 

Not sure I can really answer that. I got my TrackIR about six years ago and very quickly decided it wasn't for me so have never used it since. Tobii is simply a hands-off camera view type device - nothing needs setting up (and in fact nothing CAN be set at the moment), so you move your head in either cockpit or external view and the view on screen changes accordingly. It also does this just by moving your eyes as well though, so you could be sitting there in a neck-brace (or Iron Maiden if you're feeling a bit masochistic) and you get the same effect just by eye movement (so I guess that wouldn't actually work in an Iron Maiden!)

First feelings for me are that having both functions active is too much. Eye and head movement can cancel each other out or interfere with each other and my one flight with it so far was almost nausea inducing. I shall try using the facetracknoir software with it and see if that can control it, but if not I suspect I'll disconnect it for now and wait for either Asobo or Tobii to come up with a way to set profiles within the game (Tobii do this for lots of other games, so presumably they'll do it for MSFS fairly quickly)

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

32 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

Has anyone lost performance and have a lot of stutters with su7?

Yes, tons of people, especially when using DX12.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Turn off logbook at close down, and taxiway lights fixed 🙂

Or start tweaking the sim right now and by the time you get things more or less right, they'll come up with SU8 and the cycle will start again.... and again.... 🤣

• Like 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Or start tweaking the sim right now and by the time you get things more or less right, they'll come up with SU8 and the cycle will start again.... and again.... 🤣

So true - the last fight I make before any SU update is perfect - and the cycle of tweaks starts again right after the update 😞

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Ed you party pooper lol 🙂 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

I mean it's in the known issues... but how can you release an update that breaks the in game menus and makes them completeley unaccessable via the Toolbar or any keyboard shortcut when flying in VR?

This kind of a bug is a release candidate breaker.

6 hours ago, Sethos said:

Just reset the mouse control profile to default, that worked for me.

Or....

Change temporarily to mouse profile Default and then click Assigned and then Expand to see on the screen all of the default mappings (bindings). Take a screen shot for reference.

Then change back to your normally used mouse profile and start changing the mappings (bindings) to be more like the the default bindings one by one for testing. This way you end up with all the desirable changes you made in the normal profile to still be in effect, only now the world map will spin.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Ed you part pooper lol 🙂 

How're you, buddy? 😆

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Having major problems with the new SuperHornet.  The instant I get airborne with this jet, the power shuts off, and the instant the wheels touch back down, the power comes back to life.  I have a bravo throttle quadrant and logitech 3d joystick.  None of the other planes or jets do this.  Is anyone else having this issue?

5 minutes ago, edpatino said:

How're you, buddy? 😆

Tired lol - hope your awesome Ed I spelled party correct now lol - take care Pal

Rich Sennett

In my camera settings the trackir tab is off, I can't slide it to turn on. My trackir software is on and got all the lights displaying. Anyone see this ?

6 hours ago, Dexter1979 said:

Just something funny... I'm sure it will get fixed shortly...

So far loving the update... I'll stick with DX11 for a while...

The Flintstones L39

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love that haze out to the West of the Strip !! .

5 hours ago, Dazzaboy said:

I married mine years ago . 

Now that's funny .......

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Help my hand stuck LOL

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

Love that paint job ........Almost Perfect ; for me SU7 has been .

Bush trips seem to be working again (nav, POIs leg completion)...fingers crossed for the next leg.

Edited by DylanM