Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Our toy or their toy ?

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I wonder whether MSFS is our toy or the Asobo engineers toy. They tweak, tweak, tweak what MS  sold us without our consentment, making the result mandatory. They remind me of the French bureaucrats inventing new rules all the time to legitimate their existence.

I was annoyed by P3D constant updates and HF. MS has brought this mania to new heights.

The kid in me says Couldn’t you let us play alone in our sandbox  for a while 🤣 ? 

Yer but if you upset the French they all go on strike.......😛 Well they go on stirke for anything. 😛

Anyway...moving on.......I think they or MS or some big cheese set a dead line for an update and come what may it has to happen. SU5 😡🙄 They got upset my the negitive comments? O really 🙄, well Asobo, how about 1/2'ing the updates next year and making damm sure there right before release?

Yer I know......not going to happen. Better to stick to HF and the next two updates to fix what was broken for no good reason.......O the pipe line for PMDG DC6....O and the tree slider and the....countless other things....Bless💗

Let us play and you, well sort your updates out before release please. Simple as that.

We broke TrackIR....yer but release anyway......yer, fork them, release it..HF some time, with all the other stuff we broke....🤪🙄🙂OK Captian!!!!

Lets say you had a Audi and Audi said you have to bring your car in for a fix? its fine thank you, no it needs fixing....you take it in and they "fix" it and on the way home you find your Radio does not work anymore, hey Audi my Radio has stoped working, ..yer we know we broke it but.....we will fix it some time.....yer that's great Thank you Audi.....................

Yer Right!!!!

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I wish all the updates came every 2 months. This would be a nice middle ground.

We would get long 8-week runs in between each one. Perhaps will also give MiSobo more time to tweak and test. 

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If they really want to put the voting system to good use, perhaps the UI/UX team could list up their ideas in advance so the community could actually have a say in what is valuable, vs tweaking-for-the-sake-of-tweaking (and breaking other unintended things). 

Just use the existing forum voting model that they use after the release of each update:

Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0) - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I know people aren't happy about settings being reset to the new default but the community asked for many  options to be added like a setting for the logbook popup to be optional or a tree distance slider (is that there?) and they had to add a DX11/DX12 switch.
I think there comes a point in rewriting a sim that its best to just start with a new slate of default settings.  We all just have to learn the new system many in the community asked for.
and I remember a post on the official website where a guy suggested updates only come every 6 months and he was severly shot down.  

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

All of the settings are in XML files.

It should not be hard to write a script that as part of the upgrade reads in the old XML file, sets any new settings to default, and writes out a new XML file with the newer settings format.

It could even display a dialog box listing the new settings so you know to go look at them later.

It takes a while to get the sim setup and wiping users settings is just not ok.

Attention to detail....

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is Asobos way, place complaints on ignore. 

And this is why they release a bugfix after every major update, cause they ignore the users. 

Just now, MySound said:

And this is why they release a bugfix after every major update, cause they ignore the users. 

They also ignore their beta testers, before they fire them. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310