Sign in to follow this  
gb09f

Pro ATC/X

Pro ATC/X was one of my favourite add-ons for P3D and FSX. 

I loved the flexibility and the really good SID/STAR integration and the 'request direct to' features. Not to mention the amazing community support that continues long after things went quiet on the development front. I know that the developer was unwell and had to step back from working on the app. 

Does anyone know if Pro ATC/X will make a comeback for MSFS 2020? 

Do you think that the in-built ATC in MSFS will ever be improved beyond its current functionality?

Cheers,

Dave.

Edited by gb09f
Add another question.

I sure hope so. Pro ATC/X was my favorite as well. Currently using Pilot2Atc for MSFS. 

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I switched to PF3 when Pro ATC X stopped working for P3D version 3.4. I was even a beta tester for Pro ATC and one of the recorded voices too. The producer is almost impossible to reach, and not to active for fixing bugs. I tried every ATC program available  after that and wound up using PF3, which I am still using years later. The support is great, updates are frequent and it just works, plus I like the 110 voices it comes with. I seriously doubt if PRO ATC X will make it to MSFS. If one of the MSFS updates breaks something, it will never get fixed. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Does PF3 work with MSFS?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Oh, I didn't know you were on the Beta team for ProATC/X Bob.

I will take a look at your and rickjake's suggestions.

40 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Pro ATC/X was one of my favourite add-ons for P3D and FSX. 

I loved the flexibility and the really good SID/STAR integration and the 'request direct to' features. Not to mention the amazing community support that continues long after things went quiet on the development front. I know that the developer was unwell and had to step back from working on the app. 

Does anyone know if Pro ATC/X will make a comeback for MSFS 2020? 

Do you think that the in-built ATC in MSFS will ever be improved beyond its current functionality?

Cheers,

Dave.

Pilot2atc is highly recommended.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

11 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Does PF3 work with MSFS?

Yes, been using it since day one. I tried Pilot2 ATC but couldn't afford to buy the voices it needed to make it sound decent. When I tried it , it also put a significant load on my CPU.  I liked PF3 because the CPU load is around 0.2 %

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The developer has said on their forums that ProATC-X is in development for MSFS.

https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php/topic,4871.0.html

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

33 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The developer has said on their forums that ProATC-X is in development for MSFS.

https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php/topic,4871.0.html

We will see ... The announcement was more than one year ago.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

We will see ... The announcement was more than one year ago.

Yes, it could well take some time unfortunately. If it comes that is, although I'm optimistic on that.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

So what's best for tube flying? PF3 or P2ATC?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

So what's best for tube flying? PF3 or P2ATC?

P2A includes a free trial and I think PF3 does as well.  Personally I prefer P2A when I want something other than default ATC but both certainly have their supporters.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 11/21/2021 at 11:41 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, been using it since day one. I tried Pilot2 ATC but couldn't afford to buy the voices it needed to make it sound decent. When I tried it , it also put a significant load on my CPU.  I liked PF3 because the CPU load is around 0.2 %

Like you I also love Pro ATC X very much (baring the support 😊). Knowing that we probably wouldn't be seeing the MSFS 2020 supported product in the near future I am trying to figure out which ATC/Flight planner product to get.

I am seriously thinking of getting Pilot2ATC and since you have had both, is there any specific significant function(s) "big ticket item" that you miss that doesn't exist in P2ATC? I am not looking for little detail items.

One of the features that I liked with Pro ATC X is that it provides the departure rwy and SID (at the time of flight itself not at the time the flight plan was generated) based on the weather at the time; and the same for arrival which is fantastic. The good thing is I can use the same flight plan over and over (never having to touch the plan again unless I really need to) but then get departure and arrivals from ATC which I then put into the FMC during my FMC setup. You get the idea.

Thanks.

Forshaw.  

I stooped bothering about atc addons when I started vatsim two months ago. The best thing I ever experienced 

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton