Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

Aerosoft Simple Traffic vs AIG vs PSXT + RT

we should get good movement on this, now that Asobo have talked about development of the Traffic AI during (I think it was) Q1/Q2 this year.

I'm expecting things to be drastically better by years end - fingers crossed

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

32 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

we should get good movement on this, now that Asobo have talked about development of the Traffic AI during (I think it was) Q1/Q2 this year.

I'm expecting things to be drastically better by years end - fingers crossed

I noticed, as I watched the World Update download and instal, that there was an update to AI Traffic. I wonder what it was?

30 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I noticed, as I watched the World Update download and instal, that there was an update to AI Traffic. I wonder what it was?

hmm interesting, I have seen an increase in real world traffic in the weeks before WU7, not sure if that's a change Asobo have made with the traffic injection - or just that there's more flights anyway now the world is opening up a bit.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

3 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

hmm interesting, I have seen an increase in real world traffic in the weeks before WU7, not sure if that's a change Asobo have made with the traffic injection - or just that there's more flights anyway now the world is opening up a bit.

I flew around a couple of large airports in Australia yesterday and didn't see any live traffic at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Live traffic from the sim usually takes some time to spawn. I just fired up at YSSY and within a few minutes I had a few arrivals, but very few at the gates until 10-20 minutes later. The longer you let it run, the better the results.

spacer.png

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Flying through a snowstorm in Michigan now, and there is Live Traffic aircraft all over. Most I have ever seen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can anyone help me understand, is PSXT + RT the same thing? they are both live traffics, then why do we need both, what are the difference between theses two?

Edited by nicboyGS

8 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Can anyone help me understand, is PSXT + RT the same thing? they are both live traffics, then why do we need both, what are the difference between theses two?

From my understanding, PSXT is the interface between MSFS and RT, it takes the live data from RT and injects it in to MSFS, and if you have the AIG aircraft installed, it will inject those (if that makes sense).

18 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Can anyone help me understand, is  PSXT + RT the same thing? they are both live traffics, then why do we need both, what are the difference between theses two?

AIG, PSXT, and RT are all different parts of the process in what is being described here

AIG (as its being used in this example) is the library of assets, planes & liveries for all of the airliners that are in use today.  They have an amazing collection, and also have an AI aircraft capability that you can use on its own without the realtime component if you wish.  Great tool!

RT is a service that pulls live traffic from available real time sources, just like flightaware.  It can be used for flightsimming, but that's not its only use, just like flightaware is used by savy travellers, etc to know when to go to the airport.  Saying that, RT DOES include a setting that is specifically for flightsim's and packages the data up in a way that works for our needs.  This data works for as long as a given plane's ADS-B transponder is active.  For many airports, this includes the taxiing to and from gates so you see your planes travelling the actual taxiways, performing holds, waiting on the apron when a gate is filled, etc.  This is the only part of the chain that costs money right now - there is a subscription for its service.

PSXT is the glue that pulls it together in our examples.  It connects to the simulator to get information about where your aircraft is.   It then tells RT to report on aircraft within a radius of your aircraft.  For every aircraft it finds it goes through your library of assets (the AIG planes I mentioned above, but you can also include other planes from your own community folder if you're careful about it), and then finds a match and instances that model into the simulator as moving traffic.  It does have access to animation parameters of the AI aircraft, so it deploys the landing gear and flaps at appropriate times, can cause the added AI planes to crab into the wind based on the metar from the airport you are at, etc.  And the real killer app, is that it learns and maintains a database of what planes park at which gate and, once it has enough info it does a great job of starting you off with the right planes and liveries at the gates when you start your sim session.  That same function also figures out when a live plane "parks" and then instances a static parked plane there so it doesnt vanish when the real pilot turns off their trasnponder.

Its a fair bit of work to get it all set up and running, but the rewards are pretty great once you do!

Edited by VFXSimmer
  • Like 3

Thanks for all of you for explaining how these work together. Looks like you must pay RT in order to enjoy the PSXT +RT, guess I'll give it a try and see if the additional subscription brings much more benefit to the game.

Is there an updated tutorial on how to get this all to work? I have the entire AIG-OIC setup installed (after hours of waiting), plus PSXT and one month of RT. RT doesn't seem to recognize that I'm in MSFS at an airport, and PSXT says it's missing a livery.xml file for the AI traffic. Usually I can sort these things out but this one is besting me tonight. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Lam

2 hours ago, Midcon113 said:

Is there an updated tutorial on how to get this all to work? I have the entire AIG-OIC setup installed (after hours of waiting), plus PSXT and one month of RT. RT doesn't seem to recognize that I'm in MSFS at an airport, and PSXT says it's missing a livery.xml file for the AI traffic. Usually I can sort these things out but this one is besting me tonight. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark

See the docs inside the PSXT folder..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Can AIG be used without RT and PSXT if real world live traffic is less important? In other words, to get real world liveries onto the default AI, whether they are offline or online. If so, would the models themselves be improved, for example no pointy nose? 

In other words, could this be a free alternative to buying Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic for example?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Can AIG be used without RT and PSXT if real world live traffic is less important? In other words, to get real world liveries onto the default AI, whether they are offline or online. If so, would the models themselves be improved, for example no pointy nose? 

In other words, could this be a free alternative to buying Aerosoft’s Simple Traffic for example?

Yes. Works perfectly. 

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ