Jump to content
DylanM

Black Friday sale in the Marketplace

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DylanM said:

None of mine were after a quite a fair number of purchases...haven't touched my other options since SU7 and the assistance ones have stayed put.

Count yourself lucky. 

 


spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugghhhh, where’s my credit card 😬

  • Like 2

My Peasant System: Intel I7 7700 / 16 GB Ram / Windows 10 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / 32" Acer Monitor, 24" Samsung secondary Monitor, 8" dedicated flight sim lenovo tablet, honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Struggling selecting KEYW and CYVR between ORBX and FSDT. Any suggestions? 

FSDT released KEYW 1st and I snatched it up as its a great 1 hour flight in the DC-6 (total) from KMIA...or KFLL that I picked up a few weeks back from LVFR (Also excellent!).( @raymar you're gonna love KFLL....sloped runway and elevations, and the piers on the coast you fly over on departure...the one thing I recall vividly on my one flight out of there years ago.)

I have not been disappointed, @virtuali (Umberto at FSDT) provides stellar support and regularly updates all his scenery...I buy any of his work without hesitation. 😉 

  • Like 1

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Dra said:

FSDT released KEYW 1st and I snatched it up as its a great 1 hour flight in the DC-6 (total) from KMIA...or KFLL that I picked up a few weeks back from LVFR (Also excellent!).( @raymar you're gonna love KFLL....sloped runway and elevations, and the piers on the coast you fly over on departure...the one thing I recall vividly on my one flight out of there years ago.)

I have not been disappointed, @virtuali (Umberto at FSDT) provides stellar support and regularly updates all his scenery...I buy any of his work without hesitation. 😉 

I soloed at KFLL and flew many times in a C 152 from Ft Lauderdale to Key West for the weekend. It was a great flight, each time I did it. 

  • Like 1

spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

FSDT released KEYW 1st and I snatched it up as its a great 1 hour flight in the DC-6 (total) from KMIA...or KFLL that I picked up a few weeks back from LVFR (Also excellent!).( @raymar you're gonna love KFLL....sloped runway and elevations, and the piers on the coast you fly over on departure...the one thing I recall vividly on my one flight out of there years ago.)

I have not been disappointed, @virtuali (Umberto at FSDT) provides stellar support and regularly updates all his scenery...I buy any of his work without hesitation. 😉 

Just picked up the dc6, already have kmia so given your suggestion of an hour ish flight which is the perfect length for me, I will get key west and try this flight! And will pick up kfll as well! 


My Peasant System: Intel I7 7700 / 16 GB Ram / Windows 10 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / 32" Acer Monitor, 24" Samsung secondary Monitor, 8" dedicated flight sim lenovo tablet, honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Just picked up the dc6, already have kmia so given your suggestion of an hour ish flight which is the perfect length for me, I will get key west and try this flight! And will pick up kfll as well! 

If you're not familiar with the Key West area....make sure you land at KEYW....land at the "other" airport and you'll be greeted by MPs with M-16's. 😉 😉 

 

  • Like 3

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I soloed at KFLL and flew many times in a C 152 from Ft Lauderdale to Key West for the weekend. It was a great flight, each time I did it. 

Hey Bob, I too did my flight training in Fla....NAS Jacksonville to be exact.  Only made it as far south as Ormond Beach for my x-country solo.  Love flying in Fla with MSFS....grew up in Orlando, stationed in Jacksonville during my Navy career, and will be retiring in Clearwater.  MSFS renders each place fantastically!

  • Like 1

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Just picked up the dc6, already have kmia so given your suggestion of an hour ish flight which is the perfect length for me, I will get key west and try this flight! And will pick up kfll as well! 

Set your flight plan so you fly along the shoreline down to Key West. KFLL   VKZ HST  MNATE MTH  KEYW


spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Set your flight plan so you fly along the shoreline down to Key West. KFLL   VKZ HST  MNATE MTH  KEYW

Yep...and if you're goin' that way....might as well try and land her at Marathon. 🙂    Never tried it....bet the runway may be too short unless you're REALLY light. 🙂 

Have flown that opposite route to MIA and stopped in Marathon....with the Mooney. 🤣

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Bob, I too did my flight training in Fla....NAS Jacksonville to be exact.  Only made it as far south as Ormond Beach for my x-country solo.  Love flying in Fla with MSFS....grew up in Orlando, stationed in Jacksonville during my Navy career, and will be retiring in Clearwater.  MSFS renders each place fantastically!

MY First Cross Country Solo was  KHWO- KVNC  - X26  ( Sebastion)  KHWO


spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yep...and if you're goin' that way....might as well try and land her at Marathon. 🙂    Never tried it....bet the runway may be too short unless you're REALLY light. 🙂 

marathon is 5000 ft, you could probably make it, full reversers on touchdown. Key West is only 5100 ft. 

Edited by Bobsk8

spacer.pngBob Cardone         MSFS 2020     PMDG DC6,  JF Arrow  , Carenado Seminole , Mooney,Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Set your flight plan so you fly along the shoreline down to Key West. KFLL   VKZ HST  MNATE MTH  KEYW

Nice! Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to try this! Excited for it…Just gotta learn to get the bird started lol


My Peasant System: Intel I7 7700 / 16 GB Ram / Windows 10 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / 32" Acer Monitor, 24" Samsung secondary Monitor, 8" dedicated flight sim lenovo tablet, honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobsk8 said:

5000 ft, you could probably make it, full reversers on touchdown. 

Hehe....I have a problem with floating her down the runway....those tires are expensive to replace, LOL....I try to not even make them squeak on touchdown....I'd been in the weeds for sure...or worse, in the water if I tried my normal landing routine 🙂 


Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yep...and if you're goin' that way....might as well try and land her at Marathon. 🙂    Never tried it....bet the runway may be too short unless you're REALLY light. 🙂 

Have flown that opposite route to MIA and stopped in Marathon....with the Mooney. 🤣

Always up for a fun challenge, especially when nothing is at risk…Gotta get a few landings under my belt first before trying this!


My Peasant System: Intel I7 7700 / 16 GB Ram / Windows 10 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / 32" Acer Monitor, 24" Samsung secondary Monitor, 8" dedicated flight sim lenovo tablet, honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

If you're not familiar with the Key West area....make sure you land at KEYW....land at the "other" airport and you'll be greeted by MPs with M-16's

"Almost" happened to me in real life.

I'm not a pilot but, we were in Orlando for the 1998 Microwings conference ( let's see who else was there... ) with the "ATP gang": me, Simon Hradecky, Richard Cook and Steve Garry, Alberto Barbati (future author of GSX many years later) and Angela, back then my GF, currently my wife...

The guys decided to rent a Piper Seneca IV in Daytona ( back then, Avgas was SO cheap in the US... ), landed at Kissimmee to pick me, Alberto and Angela, so we obviously headed for Key West. It was August, so the weather was very good, and the whole route was simply breathtaking, following Interstate 1 along the keys, with that emerald green sea.

Just moments before landing at KEYW, Richard ( former 747 instructor at British Airways ) was in command and, suddenly, somebody in the cockpit said something like "Be careful, turn to the LEFT, not to the RIGHT, that's a Naval Air base there, we don't want to be shot down!"

 

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...