Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Weight&Balance

Hi there,

We have recently improved the A32NX flight model and finalized our weight and balance loading integration available on the development version. Please note:

• We have disabled the MSFS fuel and weights UI to prevent issues.

• Use the EFB for fueling and the AOC W/B Page on the MCDU for payload.

For a complete guide please see the links below and note changes to our airframe.

Fuel and Weights Guide: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/loading-fuel-weight/
SimBrief Airframe: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/airframe/

Happy Flying!

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 15

FlyByWire Simulations

Just to be clear, the only reason there is any reference to the flight model is that the airplane's empty weight, fuel, passenger, and cargo loading is contained within the MSFS flight_model.cfg file. There is no change to the actual airplane's flight model, i.e. how the airplane flies in MSFS.

Yes, changed the header a bit. 😉

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

Interesting! I always refuel using the MCDU, I did so even today with the updated version (development)...! All seemed to work fine. So I shouldn't do that anymore? 

Concerning the Simbrief file: do I have to download the new one somehow or is the one I have been using on Simbrief for quite a while updated automatically...? That's not exactly clear to me. ("The airframe below will always be kept up-to-date thanks to Navigraph's new sharable airframe feature"...?) 

Edited by tup61

I've always had issues with the EFOB on the MCDU reporting I would run out of fuel at destination, when in fact I have plenty fuel in the tank to get me there.  Does it fix that issue?

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

Interesting! I always refuel using the MCDU, I did so even today with the updated version (development)...! All seemed to work fine. So I shouldn't do that anymore? 

Concerning the Simbrief file: do I have to download the new one somehow or is the one I have been using on Simbrief for quite a while updated automatically...? That's not exactly clear to me. ("The airframe below will always be kept up-to-date thanks to Navigraph's new sharable airframe feature"...?) 

You should update your airframe now. (link above). After that it should be updated automatically (as far as I know),

FlyByWire Simulations

7 hours ago, sidfadc said:

I've always had issues with the EFOB on the MCDU reporting I would run out of fuel at destination, when in fact I have plenty fuel in the tank to get me there.  Does it fix that issue?

That's a known issue. I don't think this is solved. During flight, you can switch from F-PLN page to FUEL PRED page and wait for a few seconds, then the values should be updated. Switch back to F-PLN and the EFOB should be correct again.

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

9 hours ago, tup61 said:

I always refuel using the MCDU, I did so even today with the updated version (development)...! All seemed to work fine. So I shouldn't do that anymore? 

The latest Dev version no longer has a Fuel page on the ATSU / AOC / W/B selection. 

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

The latest Dev version no longer has a Fuel page on the ATSU / AOC / W/B selection. 

Yes exactly what I was thinking and as per notes, we should fuel up using the EFB. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Watsi said:

You should update your airframe now. (link above). After that it should be updated automatically (as far as I know),

Done! 🙂

2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

So I noticed LOL I had updated the A320 yesterday and thought I was using the latest version... 😉 These updates are coming often and fast! 🙂 (Can't wait for the next big update that enables VNAV approaches!) Refueling isn't an option in the MCDU anymore indeed: works like a charm with the EFB (and is more fun too because it takes time).

• Like 2

On a sidenote (since there is no FWB A32NX forum afaik?): is it realistic to use the INIT REQUEST option for the FP? What's common practice IRL: entering everything manually or using this option?

3 minutes ago, tup61 said:

On a sidenote (since there is no FWB A32NX forum afaik?): is it realistic to use the INIT REQUEST option for the FP? What's common practice IRL: entering everything manually or using this option?

IRL pilots have a datalink to get a flightplan. Most of the time they use this (so it's quite like the SimBrief import)

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

23 minutes ago, Watsi said:

IRL pilots have a datalink to get a flightplan. Most of the time they use this (so it's quite like the SimBrief import)

Great, thanks, good to know! I like to fly the FBW A32NX as realistic as possible, hence my question. 😉

Boarding is very slow. Is there a way to make this procedure a bit faster?

Other than that, this new W&B system is just great ! Thanks for all the great work on the A320NX. Anxiously awaiting VNAV 🙂 (hint)

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)