Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

CTDs...how to stop this?

I find that I'm experiencing a CTD about every other flight. There doesn't seem to be any common circumstance or situation...sometimes, it happens just prior to loading a flight. Other times, it happens during the course of a flight. I wonder if it might have something to do with a data threshold or something like that but admittedly, I'm grasping at straws.

I would appreciate any help.

4 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

I find that I'm experiencing a CTD about every other flight. There doesn't seem to be any common circumstance or situation...sometimes, it happens just prior to loading a flight. Other times, it happens during the course of a flight. I wonder if it might have something to do with a data threshold or something like that but admittedly, I'm grasping at straws.

I've been experiencing the same issues, had no CTDs whatsoever before this last update. Frustrating, sorry I wish I could help you. Hopefully someone can help us. I looked at the Asobo forums and cant find anything substantial.

John.

1 hour ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Hi;

It is better to check your community mods. Most of the time, these are causing the CTDs.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

There are still many addons not updated to SU7. To check  empty  your community folder and try. If no CTD. add half of your addons and check.  Etc. Keep in mind that CTD may come  frim several addons. Good hunt.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

My sim never crashes. I think I had the last CTD a couple of months ago with the experimental version of FBW A32NX. Rock stable.

First, make sure the CTD occur with an empty community folder. If that's the case, you have a hardware issue (overheating, aggressive XMP profile, CPU VCore too low for its frequency, etc.). Reverting all BIOS settings to default may help.

Can't be more specific than this without more details on the crash and the Event viewer log.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

22 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

My sim never crashes. I think I had the last CTD a couple of months ago

I think the Event Viewer is a good place to start looking for CTD answers. You should find something interesting in the Administrative events if you look closely.

Mike Beckwith

I've been getting more CTDs since SU6, but never 2 in a row.  They have usually happened after importing a flight plan into the World Map.  I'll restart and load the same plan and everything works - frustrating.  I had one CTD after getting all the way to the cockpit and throwing the battery switch for a start-up.  Again, restarting with the exact same flight and no more issues.

Yesterday I had my first in-flight CTD - about 80 min. in and beginning the approach sequence and BOOM.  Later I flew the exact same flight and - no issues.

I reported all of these via Zendesk and got the normal response.  However, on the last one they surprised me and requested (within a couple of hours) that I run and submit an MSInfo report.  I did so - maybe they'll find something.

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

1 hour ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Where does one find the Event Viewer?

Look in the Start menu, scroll down to Windows Administrative Tools and expand that. You should find the Event Viewer there.

Open up the Custom Views tab where you'll find the Administrative Events. Take note of the time at which the CTD occurred and search the list of events for that time. Click on this and view the panel below.

Look past the reference to flightsimulator.exe and there should be a reference to another faulty module which may indicate where the problem is. Search google for solutions to such a faulty module or report back here for advice.

Mike Beckwith

Looking in the Event Viewer under Windows Logs-> Applications - then any error flagged up as being flightsimulator.exe related is good advice. Many errors are hard to trace. Errors with code 000005c or similar seemed to happen to me when a mod is incompatible. I also got this when my Motherboard (RAM slots) was failing and memory cards weren't being read properly. Anything else worth googling up to see what it might indicate. 

Since updating my hardware and SU7, I almost never get CTDs (fingers well x'd). OIt's worth you running a Memory Test - typing in 'Windows Memory Diagnostic' and letting the tests run.

Other good useful advice might also be to type sfc/scannow from the COMMAND window in Admin mode to look for Windoze errors.

Get the feeling from what you said that there may be an underlying hardware issue here. Worth a shot anyway. MSFS demands a fairly intense knowledge of your hardware and windows installation to keep it on the straight and narrow, it's pretty brutal and not very stable - and that's not even dealing with MSFS's owns bugs! 

Not sure if this will help, but good luck with it. Totally understand the frustration - we invest so much time and energy into this sim..

ray  

Liveries can be a good place to look for possible culprits. Lotsa incompatible liveries out there.

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

13 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

CTD or the game just freezes?

Using 'Next Pilot Position' key bind together with the 'Freelook' mode causes 100% reproducible hard freezes requiring sim restart (Free Look + Camera Change = Frozen Screen on #XBOX & #PC - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Liveries always seem to be the cause for me too, if you have loads of add-ons definitely start by disabling those. 

If that doesn't resolve it disabled any aircraft mods then avionic mods.

Failing all that start disabling items in your community folder and start to narrow down the cause further.

Also - do you get any CTDs generally, any bsods or other games crashing? 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir