Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Horrible FPS

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, this is what I reported to LM.  I'm hoping they can get a copy of this airport from Orbx or MK Studios and run in their dev environment in conjunction with nVidia developer tools to obtain some performance metrics and pin point the issue.

I don't know if this is related or not to those reporting the horrible FPS issue, but it's all I've been able to find and replicate so far.

Cheers, Rob.  

Rob -- just FYI, I do not use ORBX or MK Studios and am getting the FPS drop as described.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, this is what I reported to LM.  I'm hoping they can get a copy of this airport from Orbx or MK Studios and run in their dev environment in conjunction with nVidia developer tools to obtain some performance metrics and pin point the issue.

I don't know if this is related or not to those reporting the horrible FPS issue, but it's all I've been able to find and replicate so far.

Cheers, Rob.  

Rob,

Is that Afterburner you used to capture the status?  If yes, does the stutter/freeze happen in that scenario with the OSD turned off?

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

20 minutes ago, Sabre57 said:

Rob,

Is that Afterburner you used to capture the status?  If yes, does the stutter/freeze happen in that scenario with the OSD turned off?

I get the exact same stutter and don't have a OSD running

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

I get the exact same stutter and don't have a OSD running

same, also no MK Studios here, I do get it with DD KEWR and Orbx Base only but have also seen it hours into a flight over the middle of nowhere using KEWR and PHN but P3D gave out somewhere over Montana for no apparent reason.  

ASP3D for weather here.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

9 hours ago, ywg256 said:

Not sure if this info helps anyone or even myself however my sim has been running smooth up until yesterday when I added some entries in the scenery addons the legacy way of manually adding...Once I did that the performance went to sh#$! I am going to try disabling the sceneries I added manually and see what happens.  The scenery in question for me is TropicalSim Antigua 2017. Not sure if this is coincidence or not but thought I would throw this out there and maybe someone else is finding the same issue and can also check on their system if this is also an issue.

So I disabled all of the legacy addons that I had (tsim tapa along with richer sim antigua) started up imaginesim katl in the am with full aig ai (and i mean a packed katl!!) and smooth as silk even rotating down 9L with full airport in view using aerosoft a330. For me it seems adding stuff using the legacy way seems to help in screwing up my sim...wonder if anyone else can confirm the same?

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

On 1/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I was able to replicate horrible FPS and long pauses at MK Studio's EFHK (just sitting on the ground in a default F35) and have passed along my logging data to LM and hopefully they can see what might be happening.  MK Studios did an incredible job with the airport (visually stunning) but clearly P3D V5.3 seems to have some issue with it ... hopefully LM can replicate and/or get sources to ID from MK Studios.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I flew in to EFHK yesterday in the PMDG B744 without any framerate issues.  The only problem that I had was the visibility did not reflect what ASP3d was showing in the METAR.  I turned EA off and then back on and the weather corrected itself to match the current METAR.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

maybe it has nothing to do with it. 

But I noticed that when stuttering starts my CPU is not boosting anymore.  Started from LPPT (ORBX) this morning and had stutters every few seconds. 

I monitor my CPU 5950X and i can see that the CPU was not boosting i had Effective Clocks from 500 -  2000 Mhz.   Although the Main Tread Scheduler was at 100 % I only had effective clocks of 1600 Mhz ?! 

Because of that the gpu load was jumping from 20 - 99 % all the time and the sim was stuttering. 

I use ASP and Volumetric Clouds at Ultra.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

9 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Rapinare,

Ieri sono arrivato a EFHK con il PMDG B744 senza problemi di framerate. L'unico problema che ho avuto è stata la visibilità che non rifletteva ciò che ASP3d stava mostrando nel METAR. Ho spento e riacceso EA e il tempo si è corretto per adattarsi al METAR corrente.

I just finished a LIMC - EFHK flight and landed on the 4L of EFHK (MK Studios) with the 787 QW and I did not encounter stutters problems which, however, occurred on arrival at the gate and especially near gate 14.

I'm happy they are looking.  But it makes me nervous they have no idea what it is.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

My guess (nothing more) is thread contention (CPU side) issue because the GPU goes idle for a while ... unfortunately an extremely difficult problem to detect in a development environment.  Thread contention happens when more than one thread is trying to access the same resource that is currently locked by the other thread accessing the resource (Object lock) ... add several threads all trying for the same resource and the problem gets worse.

I don't think it's a race condition because CPU/GPU power usage drops ... in a race condition this would max out the core and you'd see more power draw/heat.

I'm wondering (ok grasping at straws), but I did notice one of you had in your Prepar3d.cfg the following:

MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1  (default is 16) experiment with values from 4,8,16,32

In addition is anyone using SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30  (not a default entry)?

There is a new entry UPGRADE_PROCESS_PRIORITY=0  (value of 0 should actually be better at reducing thread contention)  try value of 1 to see if this makes things worse or better.

Cheers, Rob.

That would make sense. As in my last post i can see that the CPU is "more" or less idling and only boosting sometimes. 

I have the Max RegionsPurgePerFrame= 16 so it`s default 

I don`t have the SWAP_WAIT but i will try now with Upgrade_PROCESS_Priority=1 instead of 0

Update:

Started the same flight from LPPT to EGLL with A320 SL at same time with same weather as the last 5 times where I had problems. 

Currently everything is good CPU is Boosting as it should no stutters everything nice.  Was a pleasure to fly over the city without stutters.

I only changed that I delted this FSLabs "Optimize" Files and changed the Upgrade_Process_Priority to 1 

will report back when I arrived at EGLL.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 hours ago, 331BK said:

That would make sense. As in my last post i can see that the CPU is "more" or less idling and only boosting sometimes. 

I have the Max RegionsPurgePerFrame= 16 so it`s default 

I don`t have the SWAP_WAIT but i will try now with Upgrade_PROCESS_Priority=1 instead of 0

Update:

Started the same flight from LPPT to EGLL with A320 SL at same time with same weather as the last 5 times where I had problems. 

Currently everything is good CPU is Boosting as it should no stutters everything nice.  Was a pleasure to fly over the city without stutters.

I only changed that I delted this FSLabs "Optimize" Files and changed the Upgrade_Process_Priority to 1 

will report back when I arrived at EGLL.

I was able to replicate the bug using Upgrade_Process_Priority=1

Like Rob I was curious if this would help make a difference as this option was first introduced in V5.3

Well, whatever is causing this nasty bug, it was a change from something in the 5.2 client to the 5.3 client. I have the 5.2 client with the 5.3 scenery and content and no longer get this sudden stuttering issue. No plans on going back to 5.3 client until this is resolved. 

• Like 1

Eric 

hmmm 😞

Yea I also have to correct what I said. 

Seems it was luck 😞  PC Crashed and I tried it again now and now the stuttering is back. 

I can see that my threads are again not boosting anymore and staying at 3 ghz or less. 

Closed P3D now and the boost clock rates are back everything good again, started a Cinebench 23 run and studently the clocks are at 1,4 ghz. 

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

Guys.  Has anybody as part of the testing tried completely disabling effects?  Not sure if that is a probably or even possible cause.  But thought I'd throw it out there. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next