Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

PMDG Update - A quick round of updates on various topics acr

2 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I'm looking forward to it, as long as they maintain the adequate server capacity for the userbase. 

Server capacity and the cost of streaming satellite/photogrammetry data for MSFS is dirt cheap because Microsoft owns Azure.  This was discussed already in another thread: 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Stable platform in 8 years?(10 year project).....

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Server capacity and the cost of streaming satellite/photogrammetry data for MSFS is dirt cheap because Microsoft owns Azure.  This was discussed already in another thread: 

That's good news. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

So for those who didn't watch the Randazzo interview on Fabio's Twitch stream, here are a few interesting points from the interview with Fabio regarding PMDG's 737:

• The PMDG 737 is pushing all the boundaries of MSFS and its leading the way for other 3rd party devs that want to make complex airliners.  Randazzo said PMDG is like a lead ship going through a "mine field," clearing the way for other ships (ie. other 3rd party devs) that follow PMDG.
  • Asobo and PMDG are in constant discussion.  Based on how Randazzo phrased it in the interview, I am assuming that PMDG gets first class treatment from Asobo (unlike other smaller developers that may have a harder time getting Asobo's attention).
  • Randazzo mentioned "they" originally thought some features would be easy to implement so that's what he based his estimated release dates from before, but over time, "they" discovered those features weren't that easy to implement and it was more complex than expected.  I'm using "they" because I don't think Randazzo specified whether it was PMDG or Asobo (I would have to listen to the interview again), but I assume "they" means Asobo.

Based on what Randazzo said in this interview, I guess the 737 will be the first real "study level" airliner test for MSFS, and that's why there are so many features PMDG is pushing for in the SDK.  Once these feature get implemented, the assumption is, it will be easier for future 3rd party devs to implement "study level" airliners using the MSFS SDK.

Also, remember that the Fenix A320 is using much less of the MSFS SDK and instead, the Fenix A320 is running Pro Sim in an external process.  I suppose if 3rd party devs go the Fenix A320 route, they can rely less on the MSFS SDK (but at the same time, if they run an external process like Fenix is, it might not be X-Box compatible which means it may not be sold on the X-Box).

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Stable platform in 8 years?(10 year project).....

Yes. The irony is, MSFS will be much more stable after time passes by, because there is no way they will keep the same development team size on MSFS in say, year 8, 9, and 10 after the release (my guess is, perhaps after year 5 of the release, Microsoft/Asobo will be thinking of MSFS 2, to be released around 2030, and may shift manpower to MSFS 2 gradually).  The number of devs they will keep on MSFS will depend on the revenue MSFS brings.  And the revenue MSFS will bring in will drop as time passes by.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So for those who didn't watch the Randazzo interview on Fabio's Twitch stream, here are a few interesting points from the interview with Fabio regarding PMDG's 737:

• The PMDG 737 is pushing all the boundaries of MSFS and its leading the way for other 3rd party devs that want to make complex airliners.  Randazzo said PMDG is like a lead ship going through a "mine field," clearing the way for other ships (ie. other 3rd party devs) that follow PMDG.
  • Asobo and PMDG are in constant discussion.  Based on how Randazzo phrased it in the interview, I am assuming that PMDG gets first class treatment from Asobo (unlike other smaller developers that may have a harder time getting Asobo's attention).
  • Randazzo mentioned "they" originally thought some features would be easy to implement so that's what he based his estimated release dates from before, but over time, "they" discovered those features weren't that easy to implement and it was more complex than expected.  I'm using "they" because I don't think Randazzo specified whether it was PMDG or Asobo (I would have to listen to the interview again), but I assume "they" means Asobo.

Based on what Randazzo said in this interview, I guess the 737 will be the first real "study level" airliner test for MSFS, and that's why there are so many features PMDG is pushing for in the SDK.  Once these feature get implemented, the assumption is, it will be easier for future 3rd party devs to implement "study level" airliners using the MSFS SDK.

Also, remember that the Fenix A320 is using much less of the MSFS SDK and instead, the Fenix A320 is running Pro Sim in an external process.  I suppose if 3rd party devs go the Fenix A320 route, they can rely less on the MSFS SDK (but at the same time, if they run an external process like Fenix is, it might not be X-Box compatible which means it may not be sold on the X-Box).

Randazzo just basically confirmed the 757 at Fabio's stream 😃

• Like 9

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

- "They handled it poorly" - Robert Randazzo on how Microsoft / Asobo handled SU7

- Also informs that PMDG got access to SU7 only 48 or 72 hours before release.

- Makes him worry about future updates from Microsoft / Asobo.

From TheFlyingFabio livestream on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/theflyingfabio

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 4

To me it's pretty clear to me Asobo has heard all of the clamoring from users to developers--this is why they have clearly stated stability, separation of SU's from WU's, are the high priority foci for 2022, starting in Feb w/ a SU8 dedicated to bug fixes.  I predict SU8 will quiet most of the 'sky has fallen' reactions up.  My sense is as they roll out the SU9 they will very likely continue to incorporate stability as a priority.  I know for one I will never purchase another version P3D they got far too much $$ for what they provided--the 787-10 HD is 'good enough' for now and in reality it gets me from A to B pretty much exactly as the NGXu did in P3D, and I have something fabulous to look forward to in the 737 in MSFS when it finally arrives.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

I'm really getting sick of seeing nonsense like this. Jorg is an optimistic guy who's job it is to sell his product but at the same time he has not been one to shy away from the reality of the issues at hand. I've seen him admit that updates were rushed out the door and I've seen him speak candidly many times about issues 3PDs are facing with the SDK. Y'all need to stop.

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, Asobo might need to step up a gear to get the serious jet aircraft and their required extensive systems into the sim. I'm sure they will along with capable devs like PMDG's knowhow and experience.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Robert Randazzo also confirming "737 MAX is in the plans", after basically confirming the 757 earlier on stream where he hinted strongly that he had a model 757.

It's also quite clear that even if Rob was disappointed and worried about the update cycle (especially SU7), he and Jörg from Microsoft have a very good communication and he had many complimentary and positive things to say about him and the Microsoft team.

From TheFlyingFabio livestream on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/theflyingfabio

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, FlightSimToday said:

Nov 5th 2022.

I'm going to go with June 14, 2022, which may even be a bit conservative.  

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Based on what Randazzo said in this interview, I guess the 737 will be the first real "study level" airliner test for MSFS, and that's why there are so many features PMDG is pushing for in the SDK. 

It's certainly just his guess. Who's not to say the MaddogX or  Fenix drops their airliner in MSfS before the 737? just all speculation at this poing.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Instead of going on stream and complaining to Asobo. Leonardo is just working hard and doing its magic. I bet it will come out first.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

10 hours ago, Andre92 said:

I get the impression the people who developed the core of MSFS 2020 are not the same people who are working on it now.

Maybe it’s time to bring back the A-Team..;-)

The core of MSFS at release was the FSX engine, with new graphics and weather bolted on and some updates to the flight model.  But still a lot of FSX code in there.

The farther we go from that the more problems seem to come up.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals