Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

27 minutes ago, rstough said:

Our store software is a legacy system.  We are in process of transitioning off. 

REX AXIS is there to help one manage their products into the future as we provide updates.  Eventually it will be the central hub. 

We ask for patience as we work through this transition. 

We simplified the main interface to download with out the need of an account. 

Please also fix that C:\Users\reeds alert in the log directory.

1 hour ago, peppy197 said:

You guys at REX why do you have to make it so darned complicated????????

Have to agree 100%.

REX products' are top notch, but the buying and downloading process is way too fuddly. As soon as you hit the buy button, REX barfs three E-Mails into your inbox. Then you have to go to yet another website to download. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rstough said:

Our store software is a legacy system.  We are in process of transitioning off. 

REX AXIS is there to help one manage their products into the future as we provide updates.  Eventually it will be the central hub. 

We ask for patience as we work through this transition. 

We simplified the main interface to download with out the need of an account. 

You may know whats going on by I have NO CLUE

And REX Axis, after i enter serial and purchase order # says its invalid....so>>>>

And you "think" you simplified it but how do you simplify Chinese?

Edited by peppy197

10 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

You may know whats going on by I have NO CLUE

And REX Axis, after i enter serial and purchase order # says its invalid....so>>>>

And you "think" you simplified it but how do you simplify Chinese?

depends if  you put  in the  correct  serial  number  i  would be  checking  first  making  sure  you  copy  and  paste

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

depends if  you put  in the  correct  serial  number  i  would be  checking  first  making  sure  you  copy  and  paste

Do you think all your customers are stupid or just me?

25 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Do you think all your customers are stupid or just me?

customers  not  a  dev,  there's  been plenty of  users  that have  entered  the  serial numbers  incorrectly

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 12/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, YoYo said:

Hi REX, trees are quite nice but.... you forgot about seasonal grass :blink: I have also Bijan addon and here I have brown or faded grass.

In your addon is green as summer everywhere. 😞 I have mixed feelings after the purchase, although I like the automatic option as well and rounded kind trees. There is also much less flickering on trees, this is big plus for me. The performance is good too, better than in Bijan addon but no 3D models here so perhaps its this.

Pls to add grass texture too and maybe seasonal shadres for the ground too.

Just wondering if you can combine Accuseason with Bijan mask ?

10 hours ago, pete_auau said:

customers  not  a  dev,  there's  been plenty of  users  that have  entered  the  serial numbers  incorrectly

Its been more than 12 hours and I am still lost in three emails and 4 or 5 sites that are so confusing and re-derecting 

However I did just now get my download after 14 hours

I cannot guess why doing the same serial and order numbers before would not yeild any results.

BTW you can only copy and paste one item at the time and your procedure requires the serial and the order# which makes you go back and forth from a bunch of  pages and you loose direction and ...

Messy but works now

Edited by peppy197

Purchased earlier today through Just Flight store.  Easy install and activation.  The product does what it says it does.  For me, in northern Indiana, I felt that the number of leaves for this particular week in December is a bit too much, but not bad.  

Overall I like it, and given the fact that we don’t really know when Asobo will be doing this, or to what degree they will do it this was a great add on.

Thank you Rex!

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I've done a few flights with REX Accuseason, and, overall, I'm satisfied. It mostly reduces the slime dark green colors (mostly, not completely), and replaces them with more natural looking tones that are mostly a fit for the area I'm flying in. Will see how things develop
as hard winter sets in. 

I've set the automation task to run when I log in to my computer. It's pretty much set it and forget it. 

I'm sure REX will work out the kinks in due time. 

Money well spent!

I'm on the fence about this one. I don't want to have multiple applications that I have to open up every time, so the automation intrigues me. I have seen that there is another product that was released earlier that does the same as REX. I would just like to see a snowy environment when I take off from Boston and see a desert environment when I land in Pheonix (for example). I have discovered that MSFS doesn't do this well, so I came here to see what people are saying. Which of these programs would you recommend because they are priced pretty similar, but I want the best band for my buck. Thank you

1 hour ago, bosflo said:

I'm on the fence about this one. I don't want to have multiple applications that I have to open up every time, so the automation intrigues me. I have seen that there is another product that was released earlier that does the same as REX. I would just like to see a snowy environment when I take off from Boston and see a desert environment when I land in Pheonix (for example). I have discovered that MSFS doesn't do this well, so I came here to see what people are saying. Which of these programs would you recommend because they are priced pretty similar, but I want the best band for my buck. Thank you

Hi bosflo. Thanks for your question. AccuSeason offers a lot of features and functionality and is quite comprehensive. 

First it offers Multiple Presets for each season, so for autumn you can choose from 12 different presets, Winter has 4, Spring had 4, and Summer has 4. These are global so for instance if you select an Autumn preset, it will display autumn colors in the Northern Hemisphere, tropical and temperate colors in tropical and temperate regions, and Spring colors in the Southern Hemisphere. Also, where it displays Autumn colors in the Northern Hemisphere, in warmer areas where trees change color, the autumn changes are a bit less so it looks more natural. This way the autumn colors in New York are further along in the season than those in San Francisco. It is not perfect due to MSFS codebase limitations, but it does look good.

Here are some images of the UI that shows the 12 Autumn Presets that are available in the app.

FuoXtpS.jpg

yS3Wuph.jpg

C3V5B2V.jpg

Second, and this is a feature many people really like, is the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature. This allows you to have the app update vegetation models and textures on a periodic basis. For instance, vegetation changes once per week from Autumn into Winter. Here is a visual depiction of this.

u6s47zn.gif

We were really happy to be able to offer this feature instead of just one depiction of the Autumn season. This way you get a week by week progressively changing experience in your simulator and the app makes the changes for you automatically. 

You can also change things like tree height, vegetation color tone, and and canopy type of deciduous trees, plus we have more features planned to release in the future like ground coloring and other things.

Here is a visual of tree height differences that are available in the app.

tree-height-1.gif

Also, the functionality that I have mentioned is is available in a application as the robust feature set of multiple presets and progressively changing vegetation could not be offered as just a download of folders and files for the user to manage within Windows Explorer. Also, as we make updates, those changes are available behind the scenes so you don't need to continuously download files and folders and mess with them within Windows Explorer. 

I wanted to get an answer to you quickly and give me a bit of time so I will get some images of a snowy environment in Boston and the desert environment in Phoenix. I will post that in a different posting. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

13 hours ago, Festijn said:

Just wondering if you can combine Accuseason with Bijan mask ?

I use it with Bijan's terrain mask without any problems.   REX is working on one of their own for a future release, so for now Bijan's works for me.

• Like 1

I bought RexSeasons through ORBX.

No registration and a one click install. I like ORBX for this reason 

Menus are easy to follow and work great.

I just did a flight from KIZG (Fryeburg ME in the foothills of the White Mountains) to KPWM (Portland ME on the coast). I used real time WX, just FS2020 version. We are currently having a snow storm and it is heading from  W to E. Snowing in KIZG but stopped in a few miles towards the coast. Trees look great and a bit of snow on the ground about what it looks like IRL.

As I flew towards KPWM I had ceilings between 500 and 3000' with about 1 mile visibility sometimes 3 and sometimes a lot less.

I was flying the H145 at 200' above ground following the road I know well (the other IFR). Landing in KPWM the coastal fog and rain changing to snow had visibilities down to 300' or so with a 100' ceiling more or less. So special VFR in a heli was about the only way. The trees around Portland were more green and no snow sticking yet.

So I rate this a very realistic flight, and a pretty difficult one to pull off without going IFR. The visuals were right on and entirely realistic IMHO.

So I give both REX and ASOBO/MS very high marks. I can't really think of a more realistic simming of a flight like this today. I am also using Track IR and this really makes for deep immersion.

Congratulations on a great product again REX, and thanks. I highly recommend this utility app.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager