Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

More MSFS users on XBox than PC? What????

6 hours ago, wiler said:

Its not a surprise that we still only have like 1 'study level' dc6(I cant stand this term but everyone uses it) and 2 decent airliners FBW A32N and the CRJ7/9/10 series. Most gamers dont care about realism, they wanna do loops and crash into stuff and buzz buildings and are not really gonna pay 80+ USD for a study level AC.  Like I mentioned before , we the niche market got our shiny new platform but it came at the price of letting the herd in and catering to them to PAY the bills w cashgrab AC releases.  Im pretty sure most devs are putting resources into the cashgrabs sadly so they can quickly profit and recoup costs. 

Pretty much summed up the majority of Xbox user base right there!

Sadly, this is where the money is currently and Aboso's obvious priorities ATM...

Hopefully Aboso don't drag their feet on assisting the serious 3rd party devs currently working hard to develop study level AC for this game!

Chris Camp

28 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

and right now they are paying and keeping your little simulator afloat. In case you forgot.

But, if you don't like it, please  use P3D and XP11. In fact I'd rather go the Xplane route since XP12 will mop the floor with jurassic P3d. (do we still get those terrain textures from 2006 out of the box? Nice vintage touch. Or we can buy Orbx global textures from 2013[!!] 😂)

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Sadly, this is where the money is currently and Aboso's obvious priorities ATM...

Hopefully Aboso don't drag their feet on assisting the serious 3rd party devs currently working hard to develop study level AC for this game!

40 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

and right now they are paying and keeping your little simulator afloat. In case you forgot.

But, if you don't like it, please  use P3D and XP11. In fact I'd rather go the Xplane route since XP12 will mop the floor with jurassic P3d. (do we still get those terrain textures from 2006 out of the box? Nice vintage touch. Or we can buy Orbx global textures from 2013[!!] 😂)

If XP12 makes a few visual improvments and has some decent weather, it has all the airliners covered already. some very quality addons.  I would love to see MSFS get rolling on the quality addons but it just sounds like MS/Assobo arent playing ball right now w the serious devs. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

41 minutes ago, wiler said:

but it just sounds like MS/Assobo arent playing ball right now w the serious devs.

Only right now? 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

That is hardly the case at all. Do you own and Xbox Series X or S?

I guess I can make the same generalization on some people here and say those who fly on PC's probably haven't touched a console since the first Playstation or Nintendo, and have zero idea that a current Playstation or Xbox likely has the same horsepower as many of the gaming PC's on the market today. Not to mention I can take the same keyboard and mouse I use on my PC and connect them both to my Xbox Series X. Everything works exactly the same in MSFS between both Xbox and PC. My control settings are synced between both platforms and I don't have to change a thing when flying.

The biggest problem here is the lack of proper testing on an actual Xbox before releasing products into the marketplace. If/when Asobo and Microsoft get the current problem fixed that caused the DC-6 and handful of other addons to either be pulled or not released in the marketplace, a lot of people are going to be surprised just how seriously you can sim on an Xbox. Frankly, if there can be a way to get functionality on the Xbox where you can start adding Navigraph, tablet integration, and other similar add ons, I do not ever see the need of a PC again for flight simming unless it's for another sim. 

Edited by Monarch41
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/26/2021 at 11:37 PM, Bobsk8 said:

No amount of money could do that, not going to happen. 

I am sure there is an amount of money.

A friend of mine paid more than 50K euros a long time ago for a 1:1 replica (seats included) of a 737 cockpit (I think the sim was FS9). I am sure he would have been happy to pay a lot for those visuals.

I'd love to have those visuals with Aerowinx PSX. I really hope X-Plane 12 will further improve the flight model and will be open to professional rendering; I am afraid that MSFS is, in the mind of Microsoft managers, a totally different product from what I thought.

A.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:47 PM, SAS443 said:

and right now they are paying and keeping your little simulator afloat. In case you forgot

If you have some inside source from Microsoft, I am very interested to read the full story.

Otherwise, the fact that XBOX users are keeping the sim afloat is just speculation, isn't it?

A.

Edited by ADamiani

On 12/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, wiler said:

MS/Assobo arent playing ball right now w the serious devs.

Never have, never will, unless of course one can guarantee them big numbers in their Marketplace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:29 PM, wiler said:

If XP12 makes a few visual improvments and has some decent weather, it has all the airliners covered already. some very quality addons.  I would love to see MSFS get rolling on the quality addons but it just sounds like MS/Assobo arent playing ball right now w the serious devs. 

Yup and Gamepass isn't geared toward the study level Add-Ons anyway. 

And Gamepass subscriptions seems to be where the money is!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

31 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

A review of the Turtle Beach controller for XBOX & PC.

Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight makes jumping into the cockpit a breeze - YouTube

I don't want to be a naysayer, but the first use case at the start of the video is someone flying under the golden gate bridge "piloting" in an external view, and the second one right after is someone trying to do barrel rolls with a Yoke while "flying" an Airbus A320 known for having a side stick and fly by wire protections... What is the target audience of this device?

Edited by RXP
missing YT link in the quote
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

10 minutes ago, RXP said:

I don't want to be a naysayer, but the first use case at the start of the video is someone flying under the golden gate bridge "piloting" in an external view, and the second one right after is someone trying to do barrel rolls with a Yoke while "flying" an Airbus A320 known for having a side stick and fly by wire protections... What is the target audience of this device?

HAHAHAHAHA...!

Chris Camp

320 Sim Pilot takes a bit of a more serious look at the Turtle Beach yoke here: New MSFS Yoke and Throttles: Turtle Beach Velocity One with a Real Airline Pilot! - YouTube

It seems he likes it but I wonder if it's a bit too pricy and over ambitious in its features to appeal to both the Xbox and PC market.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, G-RFRY said:

Even HoneyComb are reportedly working on an XBOX compatible version of there flight control hardware. And MS are trying to get TV manufactures to include Game Pass app included just like Netflix in the software.