Sign in to follow this  
Eclex

Kodiak new Update Friday

SWS facebook page states that the hotfix should be released within 24 hours from now. (now is 10:30 AM Mountain time US Thursday)

"Gents, we will be releasing a Hotfix for the Kodiak within the next 24h.

We identified a bug that slipped into the release build and would cause extreme instability with aft CG as well as the problem of climbing up hill. We are awaiting the verdict of two Kodiak pilots in the testing team (another one joined).

What it will address is:

Excessive yaw caused from P-factor and propwash
G1000 not dimming
A couple of minor issues

For the mountain climbers: I personally tested the Kodiak at Bugalaga and Lukla. With enough power, not max, and right rudder to counter the P-Factor, she will easily climb both at up to 6000lbs.

If you plan to do 7000lbs of these strips, with an inclination of 10-12 degrees from a standstill, I’m sorry but physics are against it. At that weight, u will be able to negotiate lower inclines, though. For Aibai and similar, you shouldn’t have any issues."

Edited by Eclex
clean
  • Like 4

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Thanks for the info. I gave up any hope of ever making a decent take off, or of ever getting it to climb a grade.

It made me wonder about the 'great' experience everyone seemed to be having. Guess its that MSFS quirk that some folks have the 'best sim ever' experience, and some get nothing but CTDs.

Edited by Romeo_Tango
  • Like 1

Robin

9 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks for the info. I gave up any hope of ever making a decent take off, or of ever getting it to climb a grade.

It made me wonder about the 'great' experience everyone every one seemed to be having. Guess its that MSFS quirk that some folks have the 'best sim ever' experience, and some get nothing but CTDs.

same here. couldn't even get it to taxi up an incline on a grass strip in the alps. kind of ruined it for me. hope this fixes things

How does a "Hotfix" work for indivual aircraft like the Kodiak ? Will we be advised by email (and download) or is it just magically hotfixed next time we fly the Kodiak ?

Confused !

2 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks for the info. I gave up any hope of ever making a decent take off

Is your aircraft properly trimmed?

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Even properly trimmed doesn't fix stability and realism. It has excessive yaw bug as noted by developer. Time to call out simmers like you, got it wrong.

13 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Even properly trimmed doesn't fix stability and realism. It has excessive yaw bug as noted by developer. Time to call out simmers like you, got it wrong.

Me think you can even without hotfix have very nice and smooth takeoffs if you have a forward cg (so to speak no load or just front load) and you have experience with torque sensitive planes like taildraggers and warbirds (and your setup of controls especially for the pedals is smooth) . But you are perfectly right, fully loaded (e.g. flying for VA with pirep tool that is checking the correct load) with cg aft it's nearly impossible... Puke bags always full and pax constantly stating that they will never fly again with me 🙂

Cheers T.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0a9wLu30XE

(Just to give one example).

Edited by Ricardo41

28 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Me think you can even without hotfix have very nice and smooth takeoffs

Yup, bought this plane a couple of days ago. It's quickly become my favorite. Still learning the ropes, but my take offs are improving. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

How does a "Hotfix" work for indivual aircraft like the Kodiak ? Will we be advised by email (and download) or is it just magically hotfixed next time we fly the Kodiak ?

Confused !

I was  wondering the same. I guess it depends where you bought it from? Got mine at JF so I'm assuming I'll have to DL the updated version from them.

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0a9wLu30XE

(Just to give one example).

Well there you go then - the developers have got it wrong and they don't need their hotfix after all.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

"One of the best out there."

I've confused by the BEST for a long time.

R9-5950X // 32Gb@3600 // B550 Unify // 3090 TUF OC // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Nuctua D15 // Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 // LG GP-850 1440P@180Hz // HOTAS WARTHOG&TFRP // Windows 11

Sorry for my pathetic English , thank you.😅

3 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks for the info. I gave up any hope of ever making a decent take off,

My response

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

for example, by following the set-up procedures described on p. 28 of the manual

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well there you go then - the developers have got it wrong and they don't need their hotfix after all.

Where did I say that the "developers got it wrong"? Stop putting words in my mouth. 

Time to buy it tonight then as a Christmas present to myself 👍

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

This update I think is for pilots that fly full realism. I dont fly full realism and just took a nice flight over the Blue Ridge Mt's last night. The plane also lands on a dime with the reverse thrusters if done right. The plane lifts off perfectly straight all by its self with no rotation. And the GTN-750 integrates real nice with the mod from flightsim.to. 

My issue was last night that MSFS did not recognize many of the waypoints in the Blue Ridge Mts and theairports had no procedures. You had to navigate and land manually.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.