Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey is out

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

If XP12 sales tank things could go the way of Dovetail. Just saying.

If MSFS sales tank things could go the way of Dovetail. Just saying.

Don´t you think you are embarassing yourself over and over again, Greazer? Is there something in the water in Suwanee? We get it that you love to rant on X-Plane, but at least have the decency to put some thought into it and at least TRY to make it an intelligent argument like some of the other guys? It makes me cringe to read your posts. It makes me wait for your grandchildren to come in and take the laptop away!

So before you post again, try to limit the damage to what little credibility we give you as a human being able to connect to the internet and type things?

If you want to frolic with the rest of the haters over in the MSFS forum please do so. You will get plent of likes (at least from @abrams_tank) if you post anything derogatory against X-Plane. For him it is even enough if you just write "X-Plane is poo-poo!" or maybe even some brilliant analysis like "X-Plane is ka-ka!"  - guaranteed ❤️ by him, and some of the other goons (and a dead give-away of the likers mindset, no matter how highly sophisticated the "business analysis" we get to read from him again and again 🙄).

Back on topic.

2019 to 2021 is pretty interesting, the change from then to now has been pretty breathtaking

4403382ec116f5db2c58194a0936667bc0c7f0a8

bb351518fc090e417d3ccd50c1626754a0f37c05

dc8559254f86a11bd84d150493e343939a495184

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Back on topic.

2019 to 2021 is pretty interesting, the change from then to now has been pretty breathtaking

4403382ec116f5db2c58194a0936667bc0c7f0a8

bb351518fc090e417d3ccd50c1626754a0f37c05

dc8559254f86a11bd84d150493e343939a495184

I don't see anything particularly breathtaking? Don't forget that most or all of the participants will be fairly committed simmers all of whom will have been buying addons or paying for Navigraph. I suspect that the vast majority of users buy no additional software whatsoever (although I suppose they may use freeware?) and play far less frequently.

6 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I don't see anything particularly breathtaking?

pretty much everyone is using a different simulator in 2021 than they were in 2019.

Considering all the microsoft peeps had been using the same simulator for 15 years that is about as rapid as change gets.

AutoATC Developer

The biggest problem is that some who post regarding whatever XP12 is going to get or give from/to the users community don't even have a clue how it'll actually be. I believe they didn't realize XP12 hasn't been released yet !

I can't blame the guys who try desperately to tank a sim and find reason to support another one because I've been in that cycle since MS FLIGHT - it ignited my SBS ( simmer bi-polar syndrome 😁) because until the very last moment when MS pulled the mat from bellow users feet I couldn't even glimpse it was about to happen... It was such a "traumatic" experience after years using MSFS and praising it that I turned into a serial uninstaller... Remembering about MS FLIGHT quite a lot lately... and one of the reasons I don't want to get too "friends" with MFS.

Anyway, @Greazer et al, just be patient and wait for XP12 to get released, and let's hope that LR will again offer a free demo to prospective users allowing us to try before we buy !

Also @Greazer et al, if you get the chance, try spending some of your adrenaline in a RW flight. I would suggest a good glider session, or an aerobatic flight. You will never forget it, either is a great experience, and will provide you - assuming that the pilot will let you try the controls - a unique insight into what flying really is ! Then you will reach the conclusion that pretty much all you can have in a desktop flight simulation is just a slight smell of what flying really is, btw, usually a lot simpler and intuitive than in a sim...

Reduced to their, canonical effectivenes as "flying an aircraft" simulators, XP and MFS are pretty much the same... They're great games, just that...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

3 minutes ago, Anatoli-Kagari9 said:

Reduced to their, canonical effectivenes as "flying an aircraft" simulators, XP

XP in VR is about 99% the same as being in the real one.

Cant speak for ms, I dont have windows or an xbox to try it.

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, mSparks said:

XP in VR is about 99% the same as being in the real one.

Cant speak for ms, I dont have windows or an xbox to try it.

I don't mean the looks only Sparks... Well, but I can't speak for what flying an heli is 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

4 minutes ago, mSparks said:

pretty much everyone is using a different simulator in 2021 than they were in 2019.

Considering all the microsoft peeps had been using the same simulator for 15 years that is about as rapid as change gets.

Hardly surprising to my mind. By your logic I'd still be using a Nokia 3310. (Happy new year Sparks by the way!😀)

1 minute ago, Anatoli-Kagari9 said:

I don't mean the looks only Sparks... Well, but I can't speak for what flying an heli is 🙂

Its not really the "looks" its everything, the feeling of motion, fear etc.

Thread for that discussion here:

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Hardly surprising to my mind. By your logic I'd still be using a Nokia 3310. (Happy new year Sparks by the way!😀)

Enough people were still using P3D and FSX in 2019 to make that "not my logic"

AutoATC Developer

6 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Its not really the "looks" its everything, the feeling of motion, fear etc.

Thread for that discussion here:

Enough people were still using P3D and FSX in 2019 to make that "not my logic"

And in 2019 I think I had an iPhone 6 but now I have an iPhone 10 (or whatever it is. I loose track). People want the newest and best there is.

16 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

And in 2019 I think I had an iPhone 6 but now I have an iPhone 10 (or whatever it is. I loose track). People want the newest and best there is.

If people switched en mass from fsx and p3d to msfs because it is better. 

and didnt switch from XP11.4 to msfs because xp11.50 was better.

hmmmm

Can you check my logic plse, that sounds like proof XP11.50 is currently the best/most preferred flight simulator (and many people still dont know it yet)

AutoATC Developer

13 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Can you check my logic plse, that sounds like proof XP11.50 is currently the best/most preferred flight simulator (and many people still dont know it yet)

The question was flawed. I very much doubt that many people, having spent hard cash on addons, simply switched or replaced their sim. More likely it's a gradual process over time as they find themselves using one sim more than the other. The binary one or the other certainly has not been my own personal experience,

18 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The question was flawed. I very much doubt that many people, having spent hard cash on addons, simply switched or replaced their sim. More likely it's a gradual process over time as they find themselves using one sim more than the other. The binary one or the other certainly has not been my own personal experience,

Thats what I would have thought.

But between 2019 and 2021 both FSX and P3D went from fairly dominant frequently used to hardly ever used by anyone.

Now there are people who use xplane and the people like @Noel who havent given XP a chance yet, yes a small amount of cross over but basically split 50/50 MSFS/XP.

AutoATC Developer

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Thats what I would have thought.

But between 2019 and 2021 both FSX and P3D went from fairly dominant frequently used to hardly ever used by anyone.

Now there are people who use xplane and the people like @Noel who havent given it a chance yet, yes a small amount of cross over but basically split 50/50 MSFS/XP.

Again, I doubt the crossover either way is hard cut. More likely folk just buying the other and keeping both but using the newest more having paid for it. Boredom probably accounting for it.

Just now, jarmstro said:

Again, I doubt the crossover either way is hard cut. More likely folk just buying the other and keeping both but using the newest more having paid for it. Boredom probably accounting for it.

That doesnt account for the mass migration from FSX and P3D but not XP11.

AutoATC Developer