Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey is out

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Sigh, you still fail to understand the rationale of when it makes sense adding them or not. 🤦‍♂️

Please answer this question:

If there was the possibility for MFS users to keep SU6 or upgrade to SU7 (and if that options were included in the poll), would you add them together or not? That's EXACTLY the same as XPers using 11.4 or 11.5.

(It's an easy question, even a second grader can understand that. It requires a simple YES/NO answer).

He knows this, he even acknowledged XPlane grew market share rather than lost it.

He just also needs to argue that xplane cant possibly have grown market share and that people switching from xplane to msfs is significant using the only way he can (constructing his own fallacy then demonstrating it as false, its called a strawman argument)

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

@mSparks X-Plane market share didn't grow because it is better and the numbers are there in the survey to prove it: what grew is the number of respondents and they were all X-Plane users, this is the only reason the X-Plane number has grown from the 2020 survey, not because X-Plane is better than the others. 🤪🤣😈

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

28 minutes ago, RXP said:

@mSparks X-Plane market share didn't grow because it is better and the numbers are there in the survey to prove it: what grew is the number of respondents and they were all X-Plane users, this is the only reason the X-Plane number has grown from the 2020 survey, not because X-Plane is better than the others. 🤪🤣😈

When using the reverse timeline hypothesis It also did't grew in share, falling from 53% to 50.6% from this year to last year

survey-2021-platforms-grouped.JPG

With the percentage of people who have ever used XP11 not remaining stable at about 60%. The page one post Mr Tank spent desperately trying to prove wrong by saying the equivalent of "you cant eat a banana on the North and South pole at the same time":

On 12/29/2021 at 11:19 PM, Murmur said:

Wow, XP is doing very good!

Stable from the last year at more than 60%. Honestly, I didn't expect that good, considering it's a product now in need of modernization.

That looks very promising for XP12.

The logic of "if you cant eat a banana on the North and South pole at the same time then XP can not be stable from the last year at more than 60%" is obviously flawless.

_____

Or, maybe Mr Tank put his head on backwards this morning.

What I think we need now is a couple of puppet accounts to throw some personal insults and the usual suspects to chime in that its time to lock the thread and have it sink into oblivion.

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

So this is where you all have been, i see. 😛 You really hate time off these kind of arguments, uh?

XP11, P3D, FSX, all end of cycle products. Comparisons with MSFS can only be done once the "new gen" versions of said sims show up. Specifically in our case with XP12. Anything else is empty talk based on your own personal reasons to support this or that simulator.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

So this is where you all have been, i see. 😛 You really hate time off these kind of arguments, uh?

XP11, P3D, FSX, all end of cycle products. Comparisons with MSFS can only be done once the "new gen" versions of said sims show up. Specifically in our case with XP12. Anything else is empty talk based on your own personal reasons to support this or that simulator.

I couldn't agree more. How many respondents actually answer a survey like this honestly and without prejudice anyway? And unless you have an axe to grind why would you bother with it?

We all knew where thus was going. Should of ended before first response. Another waste of time topic.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

And unless you have an axe to grind why would you bother with it?

Because the survey plays a not insignificant part in determining the future of flightsim, so if you want that future to represent your preferences (axe in hand or not) not filling it in or filling it in dishonestly would only hurt the chances of the future of flightsim matching what you want.

• Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Because the survey plays a not insignificant part in determining the future of flightsim

I think its more whos is actually purchasing add ons for what. And as someone posted theirs a quick buck to be made out of MSFS. Though we have lost a developer or two, not sure what JF is dong anymore, we have also gained a few.

6 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

I think its more whos is actually purchasing add ons for what. And as someone posted theirs a quick buck to be made out of MSFS. Though we have lost a developer or two, not sure what JF is dong anymore, we have also gained a few.

"We"? Who's "We"? You nailed the issue I have right there.

Edited by jarmstro

15 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

whos

Different "who" is interested in these results. Mainly the partners:

The partners this year were:

● Aerosoft
● Carenado
● Cruiselevel.de
● Digital Flight Dynamics
● Drzewiecki Design
● Fenix
● Flight1
● FlightGear
● Flightsimactu.fr
● FlightSim.com
● FlightSimLabs
● FlightSimulator.blog
● Fly By Wire
● FSElite
● FSExpo
● FSMagazin
● FSNews
● Gaya Simulations
● GeoFS
● HeliSimmer.com
● Honeycomb
● Infinite Flight
● IVAO
● Laminar Research
● Little Navmap
● MilViz
● Meteonautics
● Navigraph
● ORBX
● PC Pilot
● Pinpoint Simulations
● PMS50
● ProSim
● RealSimGear
● REX
● Salty Simulations
● Sim4Flight
● SimFlight
● Synaptic Simuations
● TFDi
● Thresholdx.net
● VATSIM

They want answers to questions like "is it worth making a new product for P3D or XPlane", "how can a Vulkan only XP12 be expected to fair in the current market", Do people know we exist etc.

e.g. Knowing that 53% of 24,000 respondies use X-Plane often, and that the Sparky744 Release 1 was downloaded from github 13, 811 times, I can conclude pretty much everyone in the X-Plane world knows who I am now 😄

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

27 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Different "who" is interested in these results. Mainly the partners:

The partners this year were:

● Aerosoft
● Carenado
● Cruiselevel.de
● Digital Flight Dynamics
● Drzewiecki Design
● Fenix
● Flight1
● FlightGear
● Flightsimactu.fr
● FlightSim.com
● FlightSimLabs
● FlightSimulator.blog
● Fly By Wire
● FSElite
● FSExpo
● FSMagazin
● FSNews
● Gaya Simulations
● GeoFS
● HeliSimmer.com
● Honeycomb
● Infinite Flight
● IVAO
● Laminar Research
● Little Navmap
● MilViz
● Meteonautics
● Navigraph
● ORBX
● PC Pilot
● Pinpoint Simulations
● PMS50
● ProSim
● RealSimGear
● REX
● Salty Simulations
● Sim4Flight
● SimFlight
● Synaptic Simuations
● TFDi
● Thresholdx.net
● VATSIM

They want answers to questions like "is it worth making a new product for P3D or XPlane", "how can a Vulkan only XP12 be expected to fair in the current market", Do people know we exist etc.

e.g. Knowing that 53% of 24,000 respondies use X-Plane often, and that the Sparky744 Release 1 was downloaded from github 13, 811 times, I can conclude pretty much everyone in the X-Plane world knows who I am now 😄

As was mentioned before, the numbers mean little as some just never respond, Im sure I didnt this time. There would have being a lot of newbies, like that sort of thing, some of us just see it as waste of our energy, better things to do.

32 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

As was mentioned before, the numbers mean little as some just never respond

They mean more when you stack them up against say the sparky744 released 11th December being downloaded roughly twice as many times as the FBW A320 released 12th December.

But I agree it tells us nothing we didnt already know, which is no quantity of shilling will supplant a good product that works and is fun to use.

Its just necessary to have the numbers to back it up.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

4 minutes ago, Greazer said:

If XP12 sales tank things could go the way of Dovetail. Just saying.

You say a lot of stuff, but no ones listening, just the banging if gongs and ringing of cymbals.

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

If XP12 sales tank things could go the way of Dovetail. Just saying.

I see no reason why XP12 sales will tank? What it needs, though, is some unique wow factor to make the sales figures really soar. What concerns me is that the improved visuals will come at the cost of even worse performance. If this is the case then it's bound to affect sales if people can't run it without the graphics settings turned down to no better than XP11 quality.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1