Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey is out

29 minutes ago, mSparks said:

That doesnt account for the mass migration from FSX and P3D but not XP11.

Maybe it's because MSFS is just an evolution of FSX and P3D? Ie a new version of both? For my part I've gone from FSX to XP to MSFS. And no doubt gradually back to XP when XP12 comes out. And then back to MFS when MSFS2030 hits the shelves unless some new kid on the block appears in the meantime...

23 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Maybe it's because MSFS is just an evolution of FSX and P3D? Ie a new version of both? For my part I've gone from FSX to XP to MSFS. And no doubt gradually back to XP when XP12 comes out. And then back to MFS when MSFS2030 hits the shelves unless some new kid on the block appears in the meantime...

Uhhhmm ... do you like flight simulation? So ... why don't you use one? In a post in another thread, I described how FSX behaves, when flying right through the middle of a thunderstorm and whether that has improved with MSFS 2020? As it was to be expected, I didn't get a satisfying answer. So, I'll give it to you - here it is ... And that's only one aspect of that flight simulator game. However, no one stops you using it - if you like it this much, play it.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira (XPFR), LGSR Santorini, LRBV Brasov, the city of Fürth (Germany), several libraries, ...

13 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Uhhhmm ... do you like flight simulation? So ... why don't you use one? In a post in another thread, I described how FSX behaves, when flying right through the middle of a thunderstorm and whether that has improved with MSFS 2020? As it was to be expected, I didn't get a satisfying answer. So, I'll give it to you - here it is ... And that's only one aspect of that flight simulator game. However, no one stops you using it - if you like it this much, play it.

You are not going to like this but I'm not sure I really care how a sim behaves when flying through a thunderstorm as it's not something I am likely to do. What I do care about is what the thunderstorm looks like as I try to avoid it. And further, I happen to like games, especially good looking ones, and much prefer them to dull engineering tools. It is, after all, my own leisure time.

As you answered only 4 minutes after my above post, you haven't watched the video at all. So, as I said - I wish you luck and fun playing games. And ... thanks so much for the confirmation that MSFS 2020 is a game.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira (XPFR), LGSR Santorini, LRBV Brasov, the city of Fürth (Germany), several libraries, ...

9 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

As you answered only 4 minutes after my above post, you haven't watched the video at all. So, as I said - I wish you luck and fun playing games. And ... thanks so much for the confirmation that MSFS 2020 is a game.

I'm sure the video is enthralling but I've better things to do. I'm more than happy to confirm that MSFS is a game and I'm off to play it and will leave you to continue your technical studies of the air movements within thunderstorms using default X-Plane.

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm sure the video is enthralling but I've better things to do. I'm more than happy to confirm that MSFS is a game and I'm off to play it and will leave you to continue your technical studies of the air movements within thunderstorms using default X-Plane.

Yippieeee !!! So ... finally we agree at least in one point 😀. I know, "engineering tool" and "technical studies" are a kind of swear word for you, but ... so be it. I can comfortably live with it 😅. Bye, bye 👋 and have a Happy New Year with MSFS 2020. And please ... stay with it.

2 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

And please ... stay with it.

No.

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

They mean more when you stack them up against say the sparky744 released 11th December being downloaded roughly twice as many times as the FBW A320 released 12th December.

Really? Totally unexpected (not ironic)!

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

57 minutes ago, rka said:

The last "release" of the FBW A320 was in November:

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/releases

?

they have 0.7.4 rc2 released 19 days ago on 443 downloads

they have 0.7.3 released 21st of Nov on 7310 downloads

Sparky744 has 2.1 released 20 days ago on 1657 downloads (lost about 1000 count because of a hotfix)

and 2.0 released 25th sept on 5842 downloads.

Thats compared to last year when they were having 60,000+ every release. They still get as much coverage on Threshold and FSElite and even MS livestreams.

(BTW, next sparky744 release should be a "keeper", still working on some annoying bugs like landing lights misbehaving and some issues with the new ECC code)

AutoATC Developer

8 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Thats compared to last year when they were having 60,000+ every release. They still get as much coverage on Threshold and FSElite and even MS livestreams.

Since last year, they're now offering a downloader and installer tool, and it might be possible it doesn't affect the Github counters?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just asked on their Discord re the FBW. Their Discord has 50,000 members and their best estimate is >250,000 users.

Currently Flying - (Those that have turned on Free Text. Probably shows  less than 5%)

https://flybywiresim.com/map/

18 minutes ago, RXP said:

Since last year, they're now offering a downloader and installer tool, and it might be possible it doesn't affect the Github counters?!

counting is done by the github api

https://tooomm.github.io/github-release-stats/?username=flybywiresim&repository=a32nx

https://tooomm.github.io/github-release-stats/?username=mSparks43&repository=747-400

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, Greazer said:

Wrong.  Quarter of a million users. Or more.

2 million aiui. Or at least it was, a year ago.....

AutoATC Developer