Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abrams_tank

Navigraph 2021 survey is out

x-plane standing pretty much steady.

It will be really interesting to see those at the end of 2022, if in x-plane 12 they manage a smooth-ish process for 3rd party aircrafts I suspect it is into some nice growth.

Wow, XP is doing very good!

Stable from the last year at more than 60%. Honestly, I didn't expect that good, considering it's a product now in need of modernization.

That looks very promising for XP12.

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

With the numbers in Xplane, you just can't ignore the stability of this market anymore and they have held constantly throughout the years.

16 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Numbers don't lie.  MSFS has widened it's lead. 

Uh??? Who cares about MSFS! We're happy that XP is holding very well! With these premises, XP12 will have exceptional numbers! A little bit behind in percentage of users, but with only a fraction of the budget! XP12 will be very financially solid, for sure! 😎

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

Unfortunately the only sim I now use is not even mentioned 😞  

IL-2 Great Battles - The King of the Flightsims, so good and enjoyable that I even bought Tank Crew, and tanks don't fly ! 😅

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

MSFS 2020 is no surprise here as it is a mass market product. X-Plane is for nerd and often market as an "engineering tool" yet look at the numbers. This will give 3rd party developer peace of mine. I know few developers who left for the "gold rush" thinking XP won't exists now they need to think again.  

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, Murmur said:

Wow, XP is doing very good!

Stable from the last year at more than 60%. Honestly, I didn't expect that good, considering it's a product now in need of modernization.

That looks very promising for XP12.

XP 11.5 has about 48% in that chart.  How are you getting 60%?

if you are adding XP 11.5 to XP 11/11.4, that’s not quite right

Because according to your logic, we could add MSFS to FSX to FS 2002 to FS 2004, and Microsoft has 100% of the market.

See what I mean?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

MSFS 2020 is no surprise here as it is a mass market product. X-Plane is for nerd and often market as an "engineering tool" yet look at the numbers. This will give 3rd party developer peace of mine. I know few developers who left for the "gold rush" thinking XP won't exists now they need to think again.  

Those charts also tell 3rd party developers that MSFS gained market share over the last year. It may entice more 3rd party devs to move to MSFS.

15 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

if you are adding XP 11.5 to XP 11/11.4, that’s not quite right

Not really, there is very little end user difference between 11.0-11.4 and 11.5, certainly nothing like FSX to MSFS where you have to buy a whole different simulator

22 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Microsoft has 100% of the market.

Virtually everybody who has flight simmed having used a ms version of a flight simulator should be news to no one. Even I tried to install FSX (on linux, didn't work) in the last 12 months.

AutoATC Developer

3 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Not really, there is very little end user difference between 11.0-11.4 and 11.5, certainly nothing like FSX to MSFS where you have to buy a whole different simulator

Virtually everybody who has flight simmed having used a ms version of a flight simulator should be news to no one. Even I tried to install FSX (on linux, didn't work) in the last 12 months.

I think this survey asked what flight sim are you using right now, not what you used in the past.  That’s how I remembered the question when I took the survey.

So you can’t add the numbers up like that because Microsoft has 100% of the market if we add MSFS to FSX to FS 2002 to FS 2004.

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I think this survey asked what flight sim are you using right now, not what you used in the past.  That’s how I remembered the question when I took the survey.

So you can’t add the numbers up like that because Microsoft has 100% of the market if we add MSFS to FSX to FS 2002 to FS 2004.

The question is "how often".

So what you really want to sum/compare is the deep blue "frequently" and "most of the time" values.

You can of course fly DCS and XP11 and MSFS "frequently"

Whereas no one flys XP11.40 and XP11.50 "frequently"

AutoATC Developer