Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

FLYSIMWARE Cessna 414AW Chancellor Snippet 1

Nice to see this kind of engagement with the community, another reason this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I like 2x GTN 750s without the other units.  Everything is built in so you wouldn't need the extra audio and xpndr.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yea but the more glass you stick in there, the more fps performance you're sucking out of your flights. 2 is nice as just an option but I'm not so sure I'd like to see it as required.

Im not sure if there would be a fps hit.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I like 2x GTN 750s without the other units.  Everything is built in so you wouldn't need the extra audio and xpndr.

Agree. Why have an extra transponder or audio panel? In fact, even with just two GTN units, you would already have an extra transponder and audio panel, wouldn't you? So no need for three of each. I like the much cleaner look without extra 'boxes'. There is nothing wrong with a little blank panel space.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Flysimware said:

The version with both audio and transponder the GTN 750 units sit way too low. I think the best option is to just go with the transponder and place it under the GTN unit 1. 

Another option would be a GTN 650 in place of the 2nd GTN 750, and the ADF radio centered below the GTN 650, with a little more horizontal space between the two GTN units.

Al

Edited by ark

I guess I could see in real life with a lot of turbulence how having physical units might be more beneficial.  However using a GTN 650 which is a lot smaller hasn't been a issue for me in bumpy conditions.  In the sim dual GTN 750s is amazing.  That's at least 4 extra variables you can display on the other screen.  I remember my most favorite addon was the old Realair Lancair Legacy with dual 750s!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I’ll state why a real world pilot with a plane keeps their transponder below the gtn750 for three reasons:

-remote means if there is a gps failure, ie the screen goes blank, there’s a backup. This has happened to me. 
-more data fields open up up top for data fields li gs, eta, etc. 

-most pilots that fly with glass in planes like the 414a actually like a mix of glass and soft keys. 

I can share a screenshot from my plane later today (have to grab the url)

31 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

That's at least 4 extra variables you can display on the other screen

Good point, although I thought the GTNXi could also display variables on the map screen?

Al

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, Ajb376 said:

-remote means if there is a gps failure, ie the screen goes blank, there’s a backup. This has happened to me. 
-more data fields open up up top for data fields li gs, eta, etc. 

Doesn't a 2nd GTN750 or GTN650 provide both of the above?

Al

Edited by ark

4 minutes ago, ark said:

Doesn't a 2nd GTN750 or GTN650 provide both of the above?

Al

Yeah if a 650 is added sure. That just wasn’t an option that was displayed. Two gtn750s does cover it though. 

There is no fps hit. And we decided for now to go with this layout. If we decide to introduce our Garmin autopilot at a later time then we will include the layout our tech pilot has on his C414AW. So it will have a transponder above the right unit and a AP above the left unit. 

Screenshot-72.png

• Like 7