Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

FLYSIMWARE Cessna 414AW Chancellor Snippet 1

Are you able within the confines of MSFS to have a reasonably correct interaction between throttles, prop levers and mixture  levers movements? Thanks.

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Are you able within the confines of MSFS to have a reasonably correct interaction between throttles, prop levers and mixture  levers movements? Thanks.

It depends on what individual people define as reasonable.  :smile:

I would say 90% realistic, and it certainly gives you a good indication of what you would have to do to control them, but it isn't dead accurate according to some.
Some turbos are 'normalised' (like the Rob Young G36), so potentially, the mixture would work differently on those.

The mixture needs some work on all aircraft though.  I think Asobo noted this about a year ago, but not sure anything has been done since then.
For instance, on non-turbo pistons, around 5000 feet, I have to lean to about 40% on the mixture to hold peak power - not sure if that is realistic?  Maybe a proper pilot would know.

EDIT:  Sorry, just realised this was probably aimed at the developers.  The same situation would apply though.  Unless they have an 'externally coded' system for the engines, they will have to work hard to get the current Asobo logic to fit the numbers, just like everyone else. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Bobcat999, Thanks for the reply. I'm a retired pilot. When engine responses to inputs are unrealistic that kind of kills it for me. I was interested how close within the limits of MSFS they were able to get. One of the best I've seen was the RealAir Duke for P3d. Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Bobcat999, Thanks for the reply. I'm a retired pilot. When engine responses to inputs are unrealistic that kind of kills it for me. I was interested how close within the limits of MSFS they were able to get. One of the best I've seen was the RealAir Duke for P3d. Cheers.

I enjoy this new sim but I too am frustrated by the lack of regard for proper flight modelling and engine performance/simulation.  I see why some people stay with previous sims.  Still though, this C414 appears to be the best addon I've seen yet - so I will partake, in hopes that the developer and others will continue to invest in the sim (even when others dumb down their products for the masses).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

38 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I enjoy this new sim but I too am frustrated by the lack of regard for proper flight modelling and engine performance/simulation.  I see why some people stay with previous sims.  Still though, this C414 appears to be the best addon I've seen yet - so I will partake, in hopes that the developer and others will continue to invest in the sim (even when others dumb down their products for the masses).

I agree. I'll watch reviews when it arrives and will probably buy as the creators have produced decent aircraft before in other sims and generally turn out a good product. I'd like to have a good pressurized piston twin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I agree. I'll watch reviews when it arrives and will probably buy as the creators have produced decent aircraft before in other sims and generally turn out a good product. I'd like to have a good pressurized piston twin.

Just remember Mark keeps updating his planes for months (sometimes even years) after they get released so anything negative the reviews find will inevitably be fixed at some point, and if the review is more than a couple of months old it's probably obsolete 🙂

• Upvote 1

Gary Lowndes

That's amazing news!

Just to confirm, on the product page of the C414 it says estimated release March 21. Is this the correct date, or March 28? 

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

5 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Is this the correct date,

Estimated release Monday March-21-2022 6 pm PST

This is a beta version ONLY

customers that may purchase do not expect a perfect product as their (sic) 😊 is always some tweaks that need to be addressed.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 3/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, ryanbatc said:

I love flying VFR/IFR with single or twin engine GA in MSFS, yet I still use XP11 regularly when I want to practice IFR for the reasons you state.  I wish I could take the trim implementation from XP11 and put it into MSFS!

MSFS is a stunning sim, but not yet the one and only single sim that does it all - that is why XP12 will be a day one purchase for me.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I love flying VFR/IFR with single or twin engine GA in MSFS, yet I still use XP11 regularly when I want to practice IFR for the reasons you state.  I wish I could take the trim implementation from XP11 and put it into MSFS!

MSFS is a stunning sim, but not yet the one and only single sim that does it all - that is why XP12 will be a day one purchase for me.

I'll likely buy it as well - as for scenery/visuals - MSFS still beats it imo.  I tend to do more VFR flying irl so that sort of thing is important to me.  When I'm focused more on IFR training I'd probably take XP12.  MSFS is about on par now though with XP..with units like the G1000 NXi, TDS GTN Xi etc - you're basically getting very realistic glass instruments. I can fly GPS approaches to LPV mins in the Piper Arrow for example using the TDS GTN Xi.   And with this upcoming 414 - you'll have the option for analogue or analogue/glass powerful rnav(gps) navigation (glide path for lpv approaches as well!), FIKI, turbochargers, pressurized cockpit... it's basically a very capable plane and it's quick too.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Another 1st-day-buy 4 me 🙂

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, Flysimware said:

User manual is available here. Beta release should be Monday March 28 if no issues. 

https://flysimware.com/website2019/msfs2020-aircraft-helicopters/

After that the Learjet 35A will go into production for MSFS???

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqMOMybZuD8tRiqfL7KM5

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

That's amazing news!

Just to confirm, on the product page of the C414 it says estimated release March 21. Is this the correct date, or March 28? 

I update both the website and Avsim. We decided on the 24th.

• Like 3