Sign in to follow this  
fmloyola

PMDG update[11 jan]

On 1/22/2022 at 10:37 PM, IcemanFBW said:

Out of curiosity, is your internal graphics library built on top of the existing low-level graphics API provided by MSFS? I was looking into the possibility of experimenting with NanoVG in some displays (currently using HTML gauges) to improve performance, but from what you're saying it doesn't look too promising and it might be worth making our own, like you guys are doing.

Its not compatible with MSFS, except for the outer wrapper we use to retain some commonality within the limits provided by the MSFS low level graphics API which is already a repackaging of NanoVG. Our library is based on external low level custom shader based APIs. And MSFS doesn't give us access to that internal rendering pipeline, which is the whole point of my gripe, that we can do stuff in P3D gauge graphics wise that simply cannot be done, or cannot be done to the same performance level in MSFS.

Edited by JB3DG

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

On 1/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, Ricardo41 said:

It's not a copilot, it's an Android!

(looks ghastly)

I would prefer it if they'd used Otto.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

On 1/23/2022 at 10:10 AM, suncoastflyer said:

Another news post was just made. The chocks have been removed and development is ramping back up it would appear. Interesting.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/158911-23jan22-a-little-red-cone-with-not-little-significance

I saw, wwoop. that gets me excited! Still, I.. have..to..buy the 737 and 738... phf 😛

Victor Roos

On 1/23/2022 at 1:10 AM, suncoastflyer said:

Another news post was just made. The chocks have been removed and development is ramping back up it would appear. Interesting.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/158911-23jan22-a-little-red-cone-with-not-little-significance

Good news...unless the chocks get put back on for the foreseeable future in RAR's next epistle. 😁

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

On 1/17/2022 at 9:36 AM, mpo910 said:

Again, I did not say that MS ONLY cares about XBOX. But at the moment they have THAT as their first priority.

I feel, perception plays an important part in that. Because other folks are saying the opposite. This is what I just saw on Twitter:

IMHO when I look at the development roadmap, I can not see either XBOX or PC being priorized over the other one. Both seem to get the about same attention.

These PMDG threads are getting mixed up. The latest one is now buried and the older one is now more recent lol.

1 hour ago, mrueedi said:

IMHO when I look at the development roadmap, I can not see either XBOX or PC being priorized over the other one. Both seem to get the about same attention.

QFT.

The people's flag is deepest red.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:49 PM, mrueedi said:

I feel, perception plays an important part in that. Because other folks are saying the opposite. This is what I just saw on Twitter:

Basically, it boils down to the fact that none of us know if there is a focus and on what that focus is. MS/Asobo will always do things that may suggest something which may very well actually mean the opposite or may not even have any deeper meaning at all. Someone will interpret things their way while someone else reads the opposite into it and both keep blasting out statements without anything to actually prove what they are saying. These debates about what the focus is on are completely useless, IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD