Sign in to follow this  
mamu82

Powerlines and Solar Farms, finally

a wonderful addon, thanks  ! 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Marc22 said:

Save your time hardly anything visible  

That's a strong statement. Without knowing your hardware/monitor/ and your MSFS settings your comment does not contribute anything. I also depends how and with what a/c you are flying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Ooh I love the Ski Lifts mod so will grab this, thank you to the Dev.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Marc22 said:

Wires and pylons visibility distance too short

I found this here not so disturbend, but at the lift-mod, special at the gondolas.

But that is critisim at a very high level-the mods are great.

Stephan from Germany

My System

3 hours ago, Marc22 said:

Wires and pylons visibility distance too short

So thank you, you are saying that i have done a good job!!

Because, you know, wires are not so easy to recognize in real life! They are one of the most dangerous thing pilot meet once near terrain!

a great source and a very explanatory image

Cable Collisions | EASA Community (europa.eu)

a recent fatal accident, quite a big plane a would say, and most certainly IFR?

Learjet tried difficult approach at low altitude before crash - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

spacer.png

Where all those poor souls blind? Or are the wire a REAL danger because they are hard to see?

I design my cables for the sim to be 3/4 times larger than real life, because our monitors are a bit more smaller that a normal sized airplane windscreen

If you like a product with visible indication of a wire, you can buy them here, about 10 euro per country

https://secure.simmarket.com/taburet-france-power-lines-msfs.phtml

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Thank you for this amazing add-on, many thanks for your time and the effort you are putting in.

I totally agree with what the creatore said above here. There's nothing to complain about wires which are hard to see. That's why them red/white balls have been designed. Also, this is still having a nice resolution for a decent size compared to the real counterpart which would be rendered as a pile of aliased pixels by the sim if they were 1:1. So hurray for the dev! This is a must have, and no troll can deny that objectively 😉

• Like 6

Thank you for sharing your excellent work, Mamu!
👍

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

6 hours ago, Marc22 said:

Considering the effort that went into this addon, I find your comment to be word not allowed at best.  Either you have graphics issues with your setup, or you don't understand the reality of wire visibility from the air.  From my perspective the visibility of the wires in this addon are spot on. On one training flight I was practicing forced landings.  It wasn't until I had turned finals did I notice the wires crossing the middle of the field - completely invisible from a few hundred feet.

Perhaps a little more thought before your third post.

• Like 7

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Thank's a lot, Mamu! The visibility distance of your wires is just right!

Yesterday I flew the approach to Albenga (LIMG) where you have to cross 2 high voltage lines on final - it was spot on and added a lot of realism to this not so easy approach. Those red and white balls came into sight just early enough to adjust the glidepath a bit to the higher side. So I was in a very comfortable altitude above the cables when they became visible which was 2 sec before I crossed them - but the PAPI showed 4 whites then 😅. This all was with perfect VFR conditions. Flying the ILS approach under minimum  conditions, one would cross the cables much lower when correctly on the glidepath. Scaring!

• Upvote 1

@mamu82

are you open for suggestions?

I'm from Germany and after a few test flights, I think you did the powerline pylons wrong. I didn't have a screenshot at hand, but your pylons have this strange "round thing" on top. I have never seen such powerline pylons here in Germany.

Here is a picture of a "German" generic ones. They all look basicly the same. Would be nice if you could correct this in a futher update.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Marc22 said:

I really admire developers' patience in dealing with responses like this........

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Would be nice if folks could share airports and approaches where you can see the ski lifts and where cables are obstacles, example: Locher airfield. 

Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ejOE13NBo

Here is the author's ski lift mod:

https://flightsim.to/file/14840/project-litfts-europe

He also created a nice little Italian regional airport in Trento, Northern Italy:

https://flightsim.to/file/12026/lidt-trento-mattarello-aeroporto-g-caproni

Edited by Ricardo41

12 hours ago, semor said:

@mamu82

are you open for suggestions?

I'm from Germany and after a few test flights, I think you did the powerline pylons wrong. I didn't have a screenshot at hand, but your pylons have this strange "round thing" on top. I have never seen such powerline pylons here in Germany.

Here is a picture of a "German" generic ones. They all look basicly the same. Would be nice if you could correct this in a futher update.

spacer.png

Developers extremely need user feedback!

This Is really appreciated, especially in a global mod! a Dev can't know everything, so usually a compromise Is needed

With report like this (and the other kind guys) i can select the type of pylons based upon country also, and know i know that germany Needs more "tannebaum"

Thanks again!

• Like 5

First of all thanks for this add on. To me it's clear that it cant be perfect on the first try, so keep up the good work.

I noticed the "round things" Semor mentioned in the Netherlands to. I think that the German style masts are more in line what is used in the Netherlands.

Although you start to see more and more concrete poles like the ones in the link

https://architectenweb.nl/nieuws/artikel.aspx?ID=21636

I have one question: how do you determine what a solar park is and where it's located?  I looked at two solar parks I'm familiar with (one bigger, one smaller) that's not included.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD