Sign in to follow this  
mamu82

Powerlines and Solar Farms, finally

36 minutes ago, mamu82 said:

Developers extremely need user feedback!

This Is really appreciated, especially in a global mod! a Dev can't know everything, so usually a compromise Is needed

With report like this (and the other kind guys) i can select the type of pylons based upon country also, and know i know that germany Needs more "tannebaum"

Thanks again!

The UK pylons are mostly like the German ones too.  Fantastic addon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Would be nice if folks could share airports and approaches where you can see the ski lifts and where cables are obstacles, example: Locher airfield. 

Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ejOE13NBo

Here is the author's ski lift mod:

https://flightsim.to/file/14840/project-litfts-europe

He also created a nice little Italian regional airport in Trento, Northern Italy:

https://flightsim.to/file/12026/lidt-trento-mattarello-aeroporto-g-caproni

Nice Idea Ricardo!

I Will provide and extraction for both pylon and lifts close to Airport 🤓

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

First of all thanks for this add on. To me it's clear that it cant be perfect on the first try, so keep up the good work.

I noticed the "round things" Semor mentioned in the Netherlands to. I think that the German style masts are more in line what is used in the Netherlands.

Although you start to see more and more concrete poles like the ones in the link

https://architectenweb.nl/nieuws/artikel.aspx?ID=21636

I have one question: how do you determine what a solar park is and where it's located?  I looked at two solar parks I'm familiar with (one bigger, one smaller) that's not included.

Will go through the nederlands pylons too!

Can you please tell me more about position of the missing solar farms? The data comes from open street Map, It isn't Always perfect nor complete

Keep in mind that solar farms actual coverage Is different that powerlines One!

@mamu82 A few poles used in the Netherlands:

XyJZEOp.png

hfGpY8t.png

Keep up the good work!!

Kind regards, Bouwe

• Upvote 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

2 hours ago, mamu82 said:

Will go through the nederlands pylons too!

Can you please tell me more about position of the missing solar farms? The data comes from open street Map, It isn't Always perfect nor complete

Keep in mind that solar farms actual coverage Is different that powerlines One!

I hope this is useable for you

52°17'59.47"N     4°42'59.28"E

52°28'35.82"N     5°31'52.22"E

Edited by hansb57
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Just flown the National Grid line out of Hinckley Point to the sub station near Taunton. Absolutely fantastic mod and I can't thank the Dev enough. The pylons from Hinckley Point are spot on but nearing the sub station there are a number of lines with non UK pylons which have a sort of ring on top. Maybe they aren't this mod? Carrying on down the line to the South West the pylons are fine. In fact this mod is simply fantastic.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Any one know if there are plans for North America ?

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Any one know if there are plans for North America ?

• Like 1

Amazing work, both the pylons/powerlines and the lifts mod! Thank you very much for enhancing our flying experience even more. If you want/need pics of Luxembourg/Benelux type of pylons, feel free to ask anytime.

Super job, Mamu!

When you do North America, you might consider models selectable based on icing conditions.  (Around Montreal 23 years ago)

In case somebody wonders, I am joking... you never know.   But it was not a joke then: over a week without heat or light or, worse still, flight sim!

2203c42ed8525d332012dafddc27a066.jpg

Edited by jetlag
add
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gotta be honest here, if this were a commercial developer, they'd charge you for the

a) power lines

b) the cable cars

c) the solar farms

and then nickle and dime you some more with "regional packages".

So, hats off to all the modders who dedicate their time to making the MSFS world more accurate and immersive. 

...and just so you know: if this or any other mod ever goes commercial...well, I'll be the first one to congratulate you and whip out the Visa. 

• Like 8

19 hours ago, hansb57 said:

I hope this is useable for you

52°17'59.47"N     4°42'59.28"E

52°28'35.82"N     5°31'52.22"E

Coordinate seems to be near Amsterdam, at the moment Solar farms are in Italy, Spain, France and Germany, but gonna go through the whole Europe for sure, Just a matter of time, please wait for an update 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mamu82 said:

Coordinate seems to be near Amsterdam, at the moment Solar farms are in Italy, Spain, France and Germany, but gonna go through the whole Europe for sure, Just a matter of time, please wait for an update 😉

Ah!!  Thanks.   I will have a look at my German neighbours powerlines and solar parks for the time being.

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

15 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Gotta be honest here, if this were a commercial developer, they'd charge you for the

a) power lines

b) the cable cars

c) the solar farms

and then nickle and dime you some more with "regional packages".

So, hats off to all the modders who dedicate their time to making the MSFS world more accurate and immersive. 

...and just so you know: if this or any other mod ever goes commercial...well, I'll be the first one to congratulate you and whip out the Visa. 

You can keep your credit card safe in your wallet, my work are and Will be free of charge,

Your gratefulness is more that enough to me 🤩

• Like 6

What source, maps are you using to be able to see where all powerlines and solar parks, are placed? Just asking, if I maybe can find a source for Denmark which apparently is missing in this first version?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11