Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

Bijan 4 season pack

Working Fantastic.

Setup up outside of Addons Linker, run it independent from said Linker, put Bijan -Islands and Boats into V7,00 folder, all good.

Bijan has advised on next update that the Community Folder will be remembered by Seasons 4, for time being I have written a small script of direction to Community folder, and simply CTRL C then CTRL V to place the direction in 1. folder at top of Seasons 4. I only use this if I want to make changes.

Other than that it has successfully placed everything I need into my Community Folder.

Great Work and even better support.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

5 hours ago, Rob G said:

Have you folks see that Bijan has a new release of his 4 season pack in which he says one good thing and one bad thing? The good thing is that it can now automatically change the landscape without needing to do it manually. But he says it won't work with Addons Linker. I thought that was a deal ender but now that I think about it more I am guessing it just means you have to put it directly in the community folder like FSUIPC. Does that seem right? Anyone tried it yet with automatic changes?

What do you use addon linker for really? I still didn't get it. And it really is an amazing mod, the 4 seasons make a huge difference!

Victor Roos

11 hours ago, fppilot said:

Believe he should tonight be at work overcoming this issue.  Given a choice between my experience with his Four Seasons, which is great, but not perfect, and Addons LInker, Addons LInker wins, hands down. Not a head-to-head competition by any means, but in regard to overall contribution Addons Linker is the clear choice for me if choosing one over the other.

Why is the linker so holy, I don't get it. I'm missing the point of the program I think

Victor Roos

25 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

Why is the linker so holy, I don't get it. I'm missing the point of the program I think

There's a simple answer: MSFS won't start within the remaining time of my life if I have all addons (Freeware and Payware alike) active at the same time. And yes, I tried.

That said, I'll still have to explore if I'll go on using the linker specifically for the Bijan package, now that it comes with a separate tool.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Besides what Michael (pmb) mentions it offers a great way to devide the MSFS installation over different SSD's/HD's. All my Market purchases are on another drve then MSFS and linked back into the Official folder. MSFS manager recognises this well and updates everything via the linking as if it were installed in Official.

Not to forget the Map, it shows all scenerys known to addon linker (activated or not). A Great help for flight planning.

Addon linker is not holy; it is just an extraordinary tool with two main attributes. It places in the Community folder only links rather than actual files, which takes up only minimal disc space; and it allows you to organize all of your addons in a separate folder (on a different drive if you wish) in whatever manner you wish, and then activate only those addons you need for any flying session. The convenience this affords is tremendous, and I could not live without it now.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, fppilot said:

Believe he should tonight be at work overcoming this issue.  Given a choice between my experience with his Four Seasons, which is great, but not perfect, and Addons LInker, Addons LInker wins, hands down. Not a head-to-head competition by any means, but in regard to overall contribution Addons Linker is the clear choice for me if choosing one over the other.

Why would you have to choose between the Four Seasons Mod and Addon Linker?  You can quite happily keep using the Addons Linker for all your mods alongside Bijan's Four Seasons mod.  Simply if you want the seasons to automatically change, you would need to install the Four Seasons mod normally, without using Addon Linker for that mod only.

Several reasons.

1. MSFS will load  SLOWLY with a large number of addons in the community folder.  Addons Linker allows you to create profiles of addons. For example, I have a profile for the USA and one for UK, both containing scenery for those areas.  If flying just in the UK, I can turn off the USA profile (and any other area) and Addons Linker will remove the links to those addons from the community folder.

2.  Ease of addon maintenance.  All addons are listed and stored in the exact way you wish.  I have aircraft profiles for single engine, multi engine and airliners.  I have profiles for weather, textures, airports, libraries, global scenery, sounds etc.

3.  An addon can have dependencies.  For example, if I load an airport that uses addon scenery libraries like airport assets or people, these will automatically be added to the community folder when I select the airport.

One of my profiles is called 'Kodiak UK'.  When I select this, all my UK scenery & airports and Just the Kodiak aircraft are loaded into the community folder.  Everything else is removed.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I'm not sure I understand the term "automatically change".  That would imply that the app is continually running so that when the proper date comes around the season will change. As I read the docs, it looks like the "auto" feature just installs the proper files for the area rather that you manually selecting which season.

If the app truly changes the seasons based upon time, date and area - that would be nice.

Any clarification on this?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

When Bijan's Seasons asks to enter your community folder address I entered my custom add-on linker folder instead and it installed everything there so I don't understand what he means when he says it won't work.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 552.44, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other programs, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

39 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I'm not sure I understand the term "automatically change".  That would imply that the app is continually running so that when the proper date comes around the season will change. As I read the docs, it looks like the "auto" feature just installs the proper files for the area rather that you manually selecting which season.

If the app truly changes the seasons based upon time, date and area - that would be nice.

Both, Bijans and REX usage of the word "auto" is misleading imo. They should not use it, but of course, it's good for marketing.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Auto season will change seasons to the next season every 45 days without opening the program.  You simply run auto season and close it and you never have to open the program again. (there are 8 seasons now in the pack).   There is a glitch about asking to fill in community folder path which will be auto filled and fixed in next update in few days.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

51 minutes ago, northtexas said:

When Bijan's Seasons asks to enter your community folder address I entered my custom add-on linker folder instead and it installed everything there so I don't understand what he means when he says it won't work.

Firstly, your post for some reason seems to have a huge amount of empty space below the text, or mabe thats just my phone.

Secondly, in directing Bijans program to point to your external addon folder used by the linker instead of the community folder, you now have set up the automatic installer from Bijan to install the current season file into your addon linker file, where you will then have to set add on linker manually to link those files to the community folder...

Kind of defeats the object of using Bijans .exe to auto update selected seasons. You could have just put all Bijans folders into your addon folder and selected the required folders through the addon linker just as before.

Edited by Simple B
Edit out the space below quoted post

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

I think a schedule is created to change the season every 45 days - I maybe wrong though, Bijan will clarify I guess

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Firstly, your post for some reason seems to have a huge amount of empty space below the text, or mabe thats just my phone.

Secondly, in directing Bijans program to point to your external addon folder used by the linker instead of the community folder, you now have set up the automatic installer from Bijan to install the current season file into your addon linker file, where you will then have to set add on linker manually to link those files to the community folder...

Kind of defeats the object of using Bijans .exe to auto update selected seasons. You could have just put all Bijans folderd into your addon folder and selected the required folders through the addon linker just as before.

Yes I know there's a lot of empty space below my text but I could not edit it out or delete my post.  

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 552.44, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other programs, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.