Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

maddog at dd ksea using vr: much smoother with less annoying pauses than before.  kinda wish it was like this in earlier versions...

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I did Content as well, as a just in case....left Scenery alone.  Results?  Perfectly smooth performance, no more pause and animation freezes.

I did all three. I didn't have to, but I guess it's become a habit whenever there is a P3D update.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joepoway said:

The question now is how many add-on updates do we need again like GTN750 etc..

Joe

Now just the obligatory 7 day wait for FSPS to update FFTF Dynamic 😆

Or maybe we won't need it anymore?

28 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Now just the obligatory 7 day wait for FSPS to update FFTF Dynamic 😆

Or maybe we won't need it anymore?

I personally would always try to run less additional software to reduce load on your cpu. But this is dependent on your hardware of course. 

But just try the sim without it, installation of just the client costs you maximum 5 minutes in total, from uninstall up to install and setting you CFG options. 

Important: always delete shaders and always let P3d build a new config. 

I have tested this even with using the prior cfg....and even that works!

But it's NOT recommended......take this extra minute to let P3d rebuild it and rearrange your option settings.

You will be amazed how smooth P3d is....

Marcus

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

And another Information from me personally here.

I will further ask LM to implement further enhancements regarding the whole atmospheric visuals:

More vol cloud variation (especially bigger thunderstorm clouds and high stratos clouds)

Better fog and better colorizing Fog

Directional sun lighting

Based on the prior point better lighting up the clouds directional...from the light source (directional from sun and moon)

More Cloud depth by using better cloud lighting by directional lighting and shadow from ALL cloud layers, which throw shadows from cloud to cloud horizontally and vertically spoken! 

Also like Rob A mentioned....ambient occlusion to get rid of the cartoonist look (is more depth overall in the scenery and at buildings trees etc.

And important....more weather details like regional differences, flying AND seeing few clouds INTO already rendered overcast conditions,......

Opening much more possibilities for 3th party to "enhance" the whole Truesky variaties...(brightness, contrast, ambient, cloudshapes to use, etc.)

Make BGL readings more easy on your systems (stutter, pauses still occure when huge amounts of data load (KLAX, Paris, and other regions with tons of autogen)

These are things I, and others ?, would appreciate I guess 😉

The performance is great now, the stability is already superior. 

VRAM management is very good, especially compared to MSFS (which has MUCH higher VRAM usage (almost double at my end!)

So I think, with more competition to come (x plane 12) it's hard needed to gain visual quality or make this possible to 3th party to gain this (HiFi or Envshade)....

Better is LM gains it as much as possible out of the box

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 11

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Guys,

I will update to the latest version this evening,i will just install the client and content,what is the procedure to uninstall and reinstall.

With Thanks

Gary jones.

19 minutes ago, Benbo said:

Hi Guys,

I will update to the latest version this evening,i will just install the client and content,what is the procedure to uninstall and reinstall.

With Thanks

Gary jones.

Uninstall client and content

Delete shaders

Delete p3d.cfg file

Install client

Install content

Fire up the sim without asp3d first time

Set your options like desired

Run default scenario

Close sim

Run orbx (only if you have updated scenery also)

Go to help and sync simulator (only if you have updated scenery also)

Finished

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Delete shaders

Delete p3d.cfg file

Install client

Install content

Run default scenario

Close sim

Finished

Thank you very much,thats appreciated,will i need to reinstall any of my payware planes,PMDG,Aerosoft,QW.

With Thanks

Gary.

9 minutes ago, Benbo said:

Thank you very much,thats appreciated,will i need to reinstall any of my payware planes,PMDG,Aerosoft,QW.

With Thanks

Gary.

No. Not needed.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I wish orbx would update and add more pbr. Even for a charge 

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I did all three. I didn't have to, but I guess it's become a habit whenever there is a P3D update.

Sure doesn't hurt to do that!   After reading the notes...I felt at least the Content after Client.  I had to pull over my Beaver from v4.5 as the Content overwrote my Beaver files...and wiped out the Virtual Cockpit.  Got it back with a three second copy over. Other than that...and a fast defrag on my HD that holds P3D,  since updating yesterday afternoon, very good results.  I wonder if Rob would be kind enough now, to tell us all exactly WHAT was the problem with the prior Client, to cause the pause/stop animation sequences?  It would be personally interesting to know that.  Rob?

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Apart from the stuttering issues and FPS drops, can anyone report on the HTML5 improvements?

Does this resolve the ongoing issues with GSX menus (and similar related Simconnect menus) where the missionpanel.cfg required some config settings to revert to scaleform? I believe this was related to HTML5 being problematic.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

28 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Delete shaders

Delete p3d.cfg file

Install client

Install content

Run default scenario

Close sim

Finished

"Yep..."   Plus 1 🙂

Hi everybody

FSLabs A320X is compatible after update via the experimental channel already!

That‘s fast this time

Edited by Avi8tor
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

CPU 9900K @5GHz, RTX3090 Suprim X, 32GB RAM @3600MHz, WIN 10, P3Dv5.3HF2, 4K 40“ Monitor @30Hz